Redeem In-Game Badges - Natural Selection 2

Comments

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    2GuNz4U wrote: »
    I cannot redeem my Constellation badge. I think that's which one it is, the preorder before/during Alpha? Original black armor preorder.

Pre-orders have no badges tied to them.

Constellation was for Donating to NS1 before the official cutoff date, which was around April 2012.

In fact there is a unused black amor badge :P
  • VonDoomVonDoom Knee deep in the latency Join Date: 2009-10-08 Member: 68989Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    No pre-order badge? boo :..(
  • The_RangerThe_Ranger So.Cali Join Date: 2003-01-27 Member: 12800Members, Constellation, WC 2013 - Shadow
  • HypergripHypergrip Suspect Germany Join Date: 2002-11-23 Member: 9689Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    Quick feedback:
    The NS1 contributor/playtester badge doesn't show up in Hive after syncing, and (as expected) in game.
    Not sure if you actually want it to show up, given it's a NS1 thing, but so is Constellation *shrug*
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    Hypergrip wrote: »
    Quick feedback:
    The NS1 contributor/playtester badge doesn't show up in Hive after syncing, and (as expected) in game.
    Not sure if you actually want it to show up, given it's a NS1 thing, but so is Constellation *shrug*

New deimos 39%? What year is it? :D
  • MewSkittyMewSkitty Join Date: 2012-12-01 Member: 173805Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    "Lukas will be watching" - is he from NSA? D:

xxx
  • HendaHenda Join Date: 2004-09-20 Member: 31818Members, Constellation
    It doesn't work for me :( After clicking proceed it sais "Success! Badges transfered from Henda". But nothing is visible when i manage. I want to show my good old constellation icon =D
  • The_RangerThe_Ranger So.Cali Join Date: 2003-01-27 Member: 12800Members, Constellation, WC 2013 - Shadow
    joshhh wrote: »
    The only people who have registered constellation badges through the badge server (ns2c) are listed here:
    http://www.ns2c.com/badges/5

Seems people are missing this post still.
  • MuckyMcFlyMuckyMcFly Join Date: 2012-03-19 Member: 148982Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Gutted there's not badge for those of us who took the leap of faith and gave you guys money before a line of code was written... where's the eternal gratitude in that?

Show the faithful some love x
    Black armor is the badge...
  • MuckyMcFlyMuckyMcFly Join Date: 2012-03-19 Member: 148982Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    true enough but if you opt to use the different armor there's nothing to show you were an alpha tester - " it was clear that alpha funding saved our tails and allowed us to get to where we are today" @Flayra

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/CharlieCleveland/20130731/197367/Lessons_learned_from_alpha_funding_Natural_Selection_2.php

Just saying it'd be a nice gesture :)
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2013
    A fun thing because "moar badges" is perhaps we could incorporate the Steam badges into the scoreboard as well.

GLa3hEQ.jpg

"Beat Hazard"(steam indie title) does something similar to this as they have bonus unlocks tied to the steam badges.
  • ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation
    The_Ranger wrote: »
    joshhh wrote: »
    The only people who have registered constellation badges through the badge server (ns2c) are listed here:
    http://www.ns2c.com/badges/5

Seems people are missing this post still.

If your implying that you need to be listed in there for your badges to transfer to hive THIS IS NOT TRUE.

If you are listed on that page and try to add your badges to the hive it will NOT WORK.
  • AceDudeAceDude Join Date: 2007-08-26 Member: 61994Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    If anyone still can't redeem badges - send me a PM please :)
  • soccerguy243soccerguy243 Join Date: 2012-12-22 Member: 175920Members, WC 2013 - Supporter
    this needs to be webbed so it doesn't get buried.
  • GoE_NiGoE_Ni Join Date: 2013-01-31 Member: 182674Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    nice... do you guys plan to create a badge for people who supported you to even create NS2? The guys with the black armour (like me) would shure like that :-)
    I have the black armor. I bought it sometime in the 1st week of it being sold. I find it rather dumb that people keep asking for a badge just for that.

Every time UWE adds something new its the same deal. "I helped you make the game by buying it years ago. I got the game, got a 2nd key, got black armor that can no longer be gotten, but I want that new thing.

Without fail. Each time.

My 2 cents. But you guys keep on asking away.
  • atLaNNatLaNN Join Date: 2004-08-03 Member: 30327Members, Constellation
    Hugh wrote: »
    Keep up posting any issues you have everyone, Lukas will be trawling this thread and bug fixing when he wakes up.

atLaNN wrote: »
    Doesnt seem to work for me. There's nothing to link it with my steam account, and and I redeem my badges trhough the forum account, its says it's gonna show up but it's been a few days and nothing :/

Please provide more details about your issue - Are you saying that the Link to Steam option shown in the instructions is not appearing for you?

Yes Hugh, it just isnt there at all.
    Tried with Chrome, Firefox, IE. Tried disabling Adblock+/Noscript, doesnt seem to show up. Tried to CTRL+F5 to delete cache in case the website wasnt updating, doesnt work either.

I'm sending a PM to AceDude right now, thank you ;)
  • AceDudeAceDude Join Date: 2007-08-26 Member: 61994Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    There was a bug I squashed few hours ago thanks to @atLaNN
    If you had any issues, try again! :)
  • PimpehPimpeh Ireland Join Date: 2005-01-11 Member: 57839Members, Constellation
    edited November 2013
    I suppose now is as good a time as any - I should have Constellation membership/badge, but don't see it anywhere.
    I remember having to put my steam ID somewhere ...

Is there any way for me to fix it?

Thanks <3

And OMG - how is this my first post ?
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    edited November 2013
    Pimpeh wrote: »
    I suppose now is as good a time as any - I should have Constellation membership/badge, but don't see it anywhere.

Thanks <3

LoL thats awesome, an 8 year old account whit 1 post. - Might want to poke @comprox
  • Lord_SothLord_Soth Join Date: 2004-06-10 Member: 29230Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    GISP wrote: »
    Pimpeh wrote: »

Thanks <3

LoL thats awesome, an 8 year old account whit 1 post. - Might want to poke @comprox

not the only one - happens when you stop playing for like 5 years and stay off the forums forever..
    Surprised my account was still able to be active though!
    Wish there was a good way to recover my consti status though
  • LeviathanLeviathan Join Date: 2004-09-04 Member: 31345Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    I've been missing my Constellation status ever since changing my forum email.
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Leviathan wrote: »
    I've been missing my Constellation status ever since changing my forum email.

All fixed up as well.
  • PimpehPimpeh Ireland Join Date: 2005-01-11 Member: 57839Members, Constellation
    Thanks Comprox, appreciate your help <3
  • Lord_SothLord_Soth Join Date: 2004-06-10 Member: 29230Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
  • WhosatWhosat Singapore Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58301Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2013
    I'm unable to login persistently on http://hive.naturalselection2.com/.

Browsing any other page within the site after logging in will automatically log me out, thus not allowing me to connect my account to Steam or perform any other actions.

This happens on both Chrome and IE on Win7
  • ShockehShockeh If a packet drops on the web and nobody&#39;s near to see it... Join Date: 2002-11-19 Member: 9336NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    edited November 2013
    So, after some time my Constellation Badge turned up, but my other Badges - NSPT, the now-defunct NSPTServer Admin, (Grey one, dunno if that got ported, I assume not) and NS2PT (Though I'm no longer in the Group, I don't know if I should have it, I did at one stage) have all gone AWOL. At the least I'd love to get my PT one back.

Posting in here because wer're supposed to guys, someone be kind enough to take a look. :)

(And for the rest of you, us lowly Forum Moderators don't have an icon, so count yourselves lucky!)
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Shockwave wrote: »
    So, after some time my Constellation Badge turned up, but my other Badges - NSPT, the now-defunct NSPTServer Admin, (Grey one, dunno if that got ported, I assume not) and NS2PT (Though I'm no longer in the Group, I don't know if I should have it, I did at one stage) have all gone AWOL. At the least I'd love to get my PT one back.

Posting in here because wer're supposed to guys, someone be kind enough to take a look. :)

(And for the rest of you, us lowly Forum Moderators don't have an icon, so count yourselves lucky!)

DK, is that you? If so it's been a LOOOONG time buddy!!
  • ShockehShockeh If a packet drops on the web and nobody&#39;s near to see it... Join Date: 2002-11-19 Member: 9336NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Yes Roo, it's me. I still linger on, just quietly. ;)