Shadow badge upgrade in forums? (rewards page not saving changes!)

BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
Yesterday, I successfully upgraded to the Shadow tier from the diamond tier (buyer's remorse: defeated! :) ) But I can't get the shadow badge to show up here in the forums.

I've had another player tell me that I was successfully using the Shadow skins in-game, but here on the forums, the badge is still there. I added the steam key to my game, and I also went to the rewards claim page (the one where it asks you for your forum login, steam ID, and twitter handle.

I put "BeigeAlert" for my forum login, but I wanted to change it to my email address, just to be sure, however that page isn't saving my changes now... even though it says exactly that! Whenever I leave the page and go back to the rewards page, no changes were kept.

I'll keep trying, I figure this must be just a minor hiccup in the system that'll get sorted real quick.

Thanks!

Comments

• IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited October 2013
    You need to contact the humble bundle store as thats on them, unfortunately.

I Can change it manually, but only if you PM me evidence of your purchase. (emails, verification codes etc)
    and even then i'm not sure it would save it or be "in the system"
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    edited October 2013
    IronHorse wrote: »
    You need to contact the humble bundle store as thats on them, unfortunately.

I Can change it manually, but only if you PM me evidence of your purchase. (emails, verification codes etc)
    and even then i'm not sure it would save it or be "in the system"

Huh? No I definitely got the codes right, the shadow skins show up in game, so I know it was bought correctly. I'm talking about the badges here in the forums... and possibly in-game.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited October 2013
    @beigealert
    No i get that, but its something that i shouldn't manually change - its something that the humble interface needs to do, and if it cannot, you should contact them.
    I take it you clicked the link that was sent to you today in the email from the humble bundle folk?
    I'm speaking about the bottom link in this image, where you say it is not saving. It will show the new CD key you purchased in the URL, for example:
    htp://www.naturalselection2.com/reinforced/redeem/YOUR-CD-KEY-NUMBERS-HERE
    Tc84EvP.jpg

That should be reported to humble bundle folks, as its out of our control.
    contact@humblebundle.com

IF you cannot resolve this with them PM me :)
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    edited October 2013
    IronHorse wrote: »
    @beigealert
    No i get that, but its something that i shouldn't manually change - its something that the humble interface needs to do, and if it cannot, you should contact them.
    I take it you clicked the link that was sent to you today in the email from the humble bundle folk?
    I'm speaking about the bottom link in this image, where you say it is not saving. It will show the new CD key you purchased in the URL, for example:
    htp://www.naturalselection2.com/reinforced/redeem/YOUR-CD-KEY-NUMBERS-HERE
    Tc84EvP.jpg

That should be reported to humble bundle folks, as its out of our control.
    contact@humblebundle.com

IF you cannot resolve this with them PM me :)

Oh okay, yea I've done both those things. Contacting them now, I'll let you know how it goes.

EDIT: I've contacted them, waiting for a response. Also, just to clarify: that reinforcement website where you enter your information: is that run by UWE or humble bundle?
  • ionfluxionflux Join Date: 2012-11-24 Member: 173039Members, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2013
    i purchased the upgrade following the release of b259.

i entered the new code given from humble bundle, so i can use shadow gorge and lerk now.

ON TOP OF following the humble bundle link to link the forum and ingame badges, like screenie below:

PIC REMOVED FOR PRIVACY

i have ALSO followed the suggestion to link them, confirmation message:
    Success! Badges transfered from ionflux. Next time you join a server your badges will be visible next to your name.

the problem now is, my forum AND ingame badges still show me as diamond.
    shouldn't i be seeing shadow badge now?

to mod: please move this topic to wherever appropriate. i can't find a better forum to post in.
    Good point, that is indeed hosted by uwe.
    Have you tried a different browser?
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited November 2013
    Same. No forum badge, but I have in game stuff except in game shadow badge.
  • ionfluxionflux Join Date: 2012-11-24 Member: 173039Members, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    SamusDroid wrote: »

i just read that topic. thanks. it appears that a handful of us got the same issue.

the solution proposed by @IronHorse seems irrelevant, because if the CDKEY (htp://www.naturalselection2.com/reinforced/redeem/YOUR-CD-KEY-NUMBERS-HERE) provided by humblebundle is incorrect, how is it allowing UWE to process the link? in any case, the first cdkey generated works fine (because steam validated the cdkey and we can see our shadow skulk/gorge/lerk), so the onus lies on the second cdkey.

at this point we need a confirmation that this CDKEY provided by humblebundle is invalid (but still processed successfully by UWE), then it makes sense to contact humblebundle to re-issue the CDKEY.

please correct me if i got this wrong.
    Tried Chrome, Firefox, and... ugh... don't hate me... but... INTERNET EXPLORER... none of them worked. Same story all 3 times, I enter my info, press enter on each one, it says "Data Saved" and then I go back to the page, and it hasn't saved.
    Merged the two threads.
    Yes i believe this is an issue with UWE's website not overwriting the data.

I'll forward this to the appropriate persons ASAP.
    Standby here for updates.
  • HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    I will investigate this urgently.
  • HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Lukas, the Unknown Worlds web guru, is working on this issue right now. Will keep you updated.
  • AceDudeAceDude Join Date: 2007-08-26 Member: 61994Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    It's fixed now. All of you should have both in-game and forum badges.
    Can those who were experiencing this issue please confirm it is fixed for you?
    edited November 2013
    It's fixed... sort of. In-game it shows I have both Diamond AND Shadow, but this is wrong because I did the upgrade to Shadow, I didn't outright buy both Shadow and Diamond.

EDIT: Even here on the forums it says I'm a member of both (but the badge only shows up here, it says both on my profile page).
  • AceDudeAceDude Join Date: 2007-08-26 Member: 61994Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    It should work this way.
  • agentaibbagentaibb Join Date: 2012-09-04 Member: 157760Members, Reinforced - Supporter
  • Romanovsky91Romanovsky91 France Join Date: 2013-10-31 Member: 188902Members, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2013
    Hi there,

testing, it seems to be working, great job thanks UWE!
  • TheAesirHunterTheAesirHunter Join Date: 2013-11-03 Member: 188966Members
    edited November 2013
    I have a question, When I purchase the shadow bagde I get code or what for getting the stuff? I need to know because I want to buy it but I need to know this information, thanks
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited November 2013
    It works...but it's still broken because I can't select my badge
    Plently of roomfor 2 icons, should make it display higher priority icons on top like PT MT Constellation, etc...
    I have a question, When I purchase the shadow bagde I get code or what for getting the stuff? I need to know because I want to buy it but I need to know this information, thanks

You'll get a steam code for shadow skins, and a separate code for the badge.
    It works, because that's not what this thread is about.
    Forum features are another thread.

And yes what beige said is correct, you will receive an email with a link to a humble store page
  • NeoQuaker1NeoQuaker1 New York Join Date: 2013-02-19 Member: 183182Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    This might be a long shot, but could we be able to choose which icons to display in game? I have 4 icons (supporter, silver, gold, and shadow) and it's getting a little crowded. I upgraded to shadow and thought my gold badge would go away. I would like more room for my name. This probably won't happen probably because it's so trivial it doesn't warrant the coding required.
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    As cool as it is to have an array of badges like any decorated war hero would have, it would probably be better if we just had an option to have a featured badge.

But please make a new scoreboard for something like that.
  • victortvictort Join Date: 2013-09-09 Member: 188078Members, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2013
    just upgraded... and?

...sweet. i wonder how long the game will take to catch up. ^_^