Constantly getting kicked for 7 incorrect/outdated files

CeremonyCeremony Germany Join Date: 2013-11-02 Member: 188959Members
I'm getting kicked randomly off servers for having a different files or something. So I ran the integrity check within Steam and found 7 invalid files.
So I downloaded them again, joined a server, got kicked again after a while... WTF?

So I ran the integrity check a few times and every time, I get 7 files that are apparently different from the ones I need...
Looking at the modification date, these are the files affected by the issue:
Aug2005_d3dx9_27_x64.cab
Aug2009_D3DCompiler_42_x64.cab
OCT2006_d3dx9_31_x64.cab
Nov2008_d3dx10_40_x64.cab
Apr2005_d3dx9_25_x64.cab
Apr2006_MDX1_x86.cab
Jun2005_d3dx9_26_x64.cab

They are located in "Natural Selection 2\_CommonRedist\DirectX\Jun2010" and none of them should be required by the game itself (latest dx is already installed!)

I already dled the whole game, after uninstalling through steam and manually removing the folder afterwards. The issue remains

Either way, this issue is very annoying, since I can't play for 10mins straight sometimes. Please Please fix this as soon as possible :-(

Comments

• ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    In your log it should mention the files that you are being kicked from the server for not having the right versions.

can you:
    1. post them here
    2. delete you local copies and verify your install again.
  • CeremonyCeremony Germany Join Date: 2013-11-02 Member: 188959Members
    where is the log located. Im playing right now, waiting for it to happen again, since its probably in the game folder I deleted mere minutes ago >_<
  • ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    %appdata%/Natural Selection 2/Log.txt

you can also see what file it is in the console in game `
  • CeremonyCeremony Germany Join Date: 2013-11-02 Member: 188959Members
    Error: Couldn't open file 'D:/build/assets/materialsrc/biodome/biodome_glass_01.material'
    Error: No shader specified for material 'D:/build/assets/materialsrc/biodome/biodome_glass_01.material'
    Main Menu Initialized at Version: 259
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited November 2013
    Those are benign errors that everyone gets.

Please attempt to connect to a server and when you get kicked, exit and then provide us with your techsupport.exe zip file.
  • GrimfangGrimfang Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13086Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Error: Couldn't open file 'models/alien/gorge/goowallnode.model'
    Error: File 'models/alien/gorge/goowallnode.model' failed consistency check!

I don't have that file.
  • GrimfangGrimfang Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13086Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Sent you the techsupport.zip as well.
    edited November 2013
    Kicked again, same file missing from my game...
    Error: Couldn't open file 'models/alien/gorge/goowallnode.model'
    Error: File 'models/alien/gorge/goowallnode.model' failed consistency check!

And as a test, whenever I build some of the fancy shadow clogs, I get kicked from game...
  • AsranielAsraniel Join Date: 2002-06-03 Member: 724Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    The cause of that issue has been identified and a fix is beeing worked on (the goowallnode one)
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited November 2013
    It's been fixed, and there has been a hotfix for this on the workshop the last few days, up to servers whether they want to run it or not.
    This mod you can run client side too, or should be able to at least. (OMG A CLIENT SIDE MOD THAT DOESN'T FAIL CONSISTENCY @-) ) :)
  • dePARAdePARA Join Date: 2011-04-29 Member: 96321Members, Squad Five Blue
    So you can run extra lua files via a clientside mod and server didnt kick you for inconsistent files?

• SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited November 2013
    It's not lua files, it's a cinematic called "clog_spawn.cinematic" called when you place a Clog. I made it so that it spawns the correct Clog now as well as make it use the right Clog. Now that I made it so it wasn't just including the 4 missing files, it will probably fail. I can probably just make it how it was in the original hotfix without the additional files so it pases. Since it isn't modifying any files.
    Thanks, I will try and find this mod, and see if I can get it working. Should be fairly easy to test.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    dePARA wrote: »
    So you can run extra lua files via a clientside mod and server didnt kick you for inconsistent files?

You COULD, but without editing existing ones you have no way to tap into them.