Is it time to turn the music volume back up?

BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
So I just upgraded to Shadow tier (thanks again for the chance UWE!!!) and am just now listening to the OST... hey that's some good stuff! Not sure how much of it actually made it into the game, but I remember I never listen to the music anyways because a while back there was a bug (or feature???) where the music would just never stop playing, even after a hive was no longer under attack, even after the round ended...

...so uh... did that ever get fixed?

Comments

• The_RangerThe_Ranger So.Cali Join Date: 2003-01-27 Member: 12800Members, Constellation, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I like the music as well, but never have in-game music going while playing an fps.
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Of course it got fixed
  • minsciminsci Finland Join Date: 2013-05-27 Member: 185382Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I'm listening this soundtrack and hl1 soundtrack when mapping :)
    and when playing I keep music volume at 0 so I can hear those nasty skulks.. or marines

b256 - Fixed bug causing “Danger music” to sometimes keep playing when it should have stopped
  • BestProfileNameBestProfileName Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177320Members
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    Of course it got fixed

'cos UWE fixes bugs super quick all of the time, yo...
  • sotanahtsotanaht Join Date: 2013-01-12 Member: 179215Members
    edited November 2013
    That particular bug lasted some 7 patch versions I think. Anyway music in a serious FPS? I honestly don't understand why UWE even wastes money making in-game music. Menus and stuff like that sure, maybe even something for the ready room, but during gameplay I think they shouldn't even have bothered. Even for the people who would prefer to listen to the in game music, it's honestly for their own good.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    Of course it got fixed

Why would you say that though. Sure, some bugs do get fixed, EVENTUALLY. UWE is probably putting a lot of effort into it, but their track record isn't exactly exceptional.
  • KrovakonKrovakon Join Date: 2012-05-20 Member: 152332Members
    Wait. Ns2 has music? I never noticed outside of the one "song" you get when the hive/command chair is near dead.
  • MuckyMcFlyMuckyMcFly Join Date: 2012-03-19 Member: 148982Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Weird, I just though about this.. I haven't heard the music in bar for ages.... is that missing or did I turn the music down?
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    The loud sound when com chair is dying could definitely be turned down, you can barely hear the music on round start