Player Badges Beta Release

Comments

• ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation
    edited September 2013
    Ah I confused the actual badges mod with the scoreboard badges mod for the badges mod lol
    tehe :P
  • dePARAdePARA Join Date: 2011-04-29 Member: 96321Members, Squad Five Blue
    Something is wrong with the current version.

I use rank icons for our own serverranking and assign them via shine UserConfig.json.
    Everything was ok before the update for 254.

"r12_group": {
    "Commands": [ "sh_status", "sh_say", "sh_eject", "sh_slay", "sh_acceptmotd" ],
    "IsBlacklist": false,
    "Immunity": "10",
    "badge": "r12"
    },
    "r1_group": {
    "Commands": [ "sh_listmaps", "sh_acceptmotd" ],
    "IsBlacklist": false,
    "Immunity": "0",
    "badge": "r1"
    },

"r1" is shown in the scoreboard, "r12" not.
    I dont know what is wrong, cause both assignments are identical.

I have whitelistet all badge.dds, BadgeManager.lua,BadgeMixin.lua, Scoreboard.lua, and GUIScoreboard.lua in the ConsistencyConfig.json.
    All needed *.dds files are in the badges folder.

Nothing help.

• HuzeHuze Insightful Join Date: 2003-11-12 Member: 22724Members, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    dePARA wrote: »
    I have whitelistet all badge.dds, BadgeManager.lua,BadgeMixin.lua, Scoreboard.lua, and GUIScoreboard.lua in the ConsistencyConfig.json.
    All needed *.dds files are in the badges folder.
    Do NOT do this. This is just asking for trouble.

Can you post your full UserConfig and link to the mod that contains the rank badges?
    Thx for quick response.
    Check your PM ;)
    Ok, got it.
    The problem is that you have to choose your scoreboard badge manually in the main menu.
    It should be set automatic to the 1st available badge.
  • HuzeHuze Insightful Join Date: 2003-11-12 Member: 22724Members, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    dePARA, not sure what you were doing, but it does automatically select the first available badge if none is selected. If you have a badge that doesn't exist selected then it might not pick the first; I can't remember.

Updated today
    * Cleaned up blurry transparency on all icons
    * Added support for remote badge config

Remote badge config is still being prototyped, but it allows you to do all your badge config via a web UI and avoid messing around with ServerAdmin.json. If anyone is interested in testing this, let me know and I'll hook you up.

EDIT: forgot to mention, ENSL badges will now be active on remote badge config ENSL servers.
  • GamerkatzeGamerkatze Join Date: 2012-06-27 Member: 153711Members
    edited September 2013
    Huze wrote: »
    EDIT: forgot to mention, ENSL badges will now be active on remote badge config ENSL servers.

what ?
    please explain :/
  • CarNagE1CarNagE1 Poland Join Date: 2003-05-14 Member: 16298Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Playtester
    i made a mod adding a lot of flags in 32x32 dds format for badge mod. I plan to use it with the mod on our server.
    You can use Standard two letter code for flag attachment like PL for Poland.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=180395168

I will test it with the mod tommorow.
    edited September 2013
    I haven't had a chance to update badge mod for 256/7 yet. There was a pretty big refactoring which removes all need to support squad5, playtester, and contellation badges anymore.

I saw your PM about getting location data from your website, but I have another idea that others might be interested in. When people use steam to log into ns2c, steam gives me a chunk of information about them, including their location. I could map steam's 2 character country code to your flag badges. With this implementation, anyone that had logged into my website would have flags would show up on servers running the flag pack. Thoughts?

EDIT: I subscribed to your mod, and it's empty. Looks like something went wrong publishing it.
  • CarNagE1CarNagE1 Poland Join Date: 2003-05-14 Member: 16298Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Playtester
    I have made a bad catalog structure ;p
    5) Put your mod files into the output directory, nothing else.
    - This output directory needs to have the folder structure as if you were copying its contents into "natural selection 2\ns2\". So if you want to change a file in "natural selection 2\ns2\ui\", you would have a folder called "ui" in the output folder and the file inside it.

It was in main mod catalog it should be fixed now. Its a great idea, i was wondering how to make registration proces more automated :)
    You can test it on our servers.

You can contact me through steam
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197960705130/
  • ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation
    I think it still needs to support contellation icons as I have not seen any contellation icons working in game at all unless they are done via this mod
    Updated for 257; sorry for the delay.

I've disabled support for forums badges from the website and in the mod. UWE will provide their solution to the public sometime soonish. Let me know if there's any issues.
    I saw your PM about getting location data from your website, but I have another idea that others might be interested in. When people use steam to log into ns2c, steam gives me a chunk of information about them, including their location. I could map steam's 2 character country code to your flag badges. With this implementation, anyone that had logged into my website would have flags would show up on servers running the flag pack. Thoughts?

I did this today; if you'd like to test it out here's the steps:

1. Activate badge mod and flag badge pack on your server (5f42a0c and ac09ca0)
    2. In your server configuration folder create a text file "ServerUID.txt"
    3. Paste "7c93d7e00b6a0131e37e7cd1c3f266db" (no quotes) into the file and save
    4. Anybody that connects to your server will have a flag badge available after they log in to http://www.ns2c.com/

Note that Steam accounts will need a Country selected and the profile can't be private.

mnDHH1O.jpg
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited September 2013
    @Huze couldn't you just use geoip for flags?
    Yeah, probably. This was much easier and faster to implement for me. If someone wants to do geoip the code should be included in the badge pack.
    Huze we are trying to add our server to hive ranking. The question is if we add Badge mod (and flag badges mod) to our main server will we be banned?
    I'm pretty sure you have to have 0 mods to be eligible for hive ranking (even admin mods) so no, it would not work. Last I checked you could mod the hive upload code to ignore your mods though.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited October 2013
    I'm pretty sure you have to have 0 mods to be eligible for hive ranking (even admin mods) so no, it would not work. Last I checked you could mod the hive upload code to ignore your mods though.

Exactly, use BNS2 or [Shine] NS2Stats to activate Hive Stats for your server. And its ok as my server (Survival of the Fatttest) is using Player Bagdes and isn't banned yet
  • minomino Join Date: 2005-02-24 Member: 42334Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I get the following error when i join a server and my constellation will also not be displayed.
    Error: Mod Player Badges failed consistency checking and will be disabled ('lua/menu/GUIMainMenu.lua' failed)

I deleted the mod folder and also resubscribed it but still no success.
    The server has to have the mod for it to work, otherwise it will get disabled when you connect to a server. I've disabled all the forums badges that I used to support because UWE is doing this now.
    @Huze @Huze @Huze

We have added you mod to our test server (with shine and flag mod).
    I didnt add the ServerUID.txt file (what is that for exactly?).
    I worked for me, i have a flag not from userconfig.json (it wasnt configured yet).
    i have a remote config for badges
    http://serwer1325121.home.pl/nspl2new/UserConfig.json
    But it still didn't load the badges for the rest of the players.
    We have this error:
    Error: lua/BadgeManager.lua:253: Attempt to access an object that no longer exists (was type ServerClient)
    [Server] Script Error #4: lua/BadgeManager.lua:253: Attempt to access an object that no longer exists (was type ServerClient)
    Call stack:
    #1: __index [C]:-1
    #2: getServerBadgeStrings lua/BadgeManager.lua:253
    sClientBadges = { }
    client = userdata
    #3: lua/BadgeManager.lua:269
    response = "[]"
    sClientBadges = { }

What are we doing wrong?
    The SUID file is a way to tell my badge server you want to show flag badges. Not sure why it would show up without that, you might be configured for it without realizing. I'll look into the script error when I get off work.
    It worked. We have added it to our community server. Only issue now is that we can add PL badge to any one
    XX_group has a non-existant or reserved badge: pl

It can be done only by going to ns2c.com.
    'pl' doesn't exist because the badge names are case sensitive. Use 'PL'
    @Huze

There 2 issues with the mod.

If you join a server you see your badge and the badges from players joining after you.
    But you dont see the scoreboard icons from players joined before you.

Cause the choose mechanism through the mainmenu, you lost your icon if the server is giving you a new one (another group for example) and you have to choose again.
    Me as a serveradmin want to force an icon maybe but cant cause the player ability to switch between icons.

The older badge versions hadnt these problems.
    How about 2 options for the server?

1. The current method (players can choose the icons)
    2. Server forced

So admins can choose the one they prefer.

• hyckshycks Join Date: 2013-08-14 Member: 186848Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    dePARA wrote: »
    @Huze

There 2 issues with the mod.

If you join a server you see your badge and the badges from players joining after you.
    But you dont see the scoreboard icons from players joined before you.

Cause the choose mechanism through the mainmenu, you lost your icon if the server is giving you a new one (another group for example) and you have to choose again.
    Me as a serveradmin want to force an icon maybe but cant cause the player ability to switch between icons.

The older badge versions hadnt these problems.
    How about 2 options for the server?

1. The current method (players can choose the icons)
    2. Server forced

So admins can choose the one they prefer.

+1

need to use the old badge version ! and need icone list with their pictures !

@Huze we are using your mod on our server. But still we have some isues with it some of them dePARA mentioned before. Players dont see badges of other players when thay joined before others. And it would be great if we could force icons on players. I still can asign any other badges from my own mod (flags mod). I tryed caps, no caps, single group added etc. It does not work and i dont know why. Would you check it out? We realy like your mod it gives ppl a feeling of belonging to a community. Any update date?
  • hyckshycks Join Date: 2013-08-14 Member: 186848Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    CarNagE1 wrote: »
    @Huze we are using your mod on our server. But still we have some isues with it some of them dePARA mentioned before. Players dont see badges of other players when thay joined before others. And it would be great if we could force icons on players. I still can asign any other badges from my own mod (flags mod). I tryed caps, no caps, single group added etc. It does not work and i dont know why. Would you check it out? We realy like your mod it gives ppl a feeling of belonging to a community. Any update date?

+1

i think Huze doesn't give a piece of **** about it ....
  • current1ycurrent1y Join Date: 2003-12-08 Member: 24150Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    @Huze Is the feature to choose which ones you show or even turn your badges off still in the works?