Are you enjoying the game a it's state ?

VicentoVicento Join Date: 2007-04-21 Member: 60683Members
okay, here a simple question, no need to tell us what you like ou dislike in the game because we havea lot of threads for this.

I just start this little thread to know if you still enjoy this game anymore or like me play only because it's the best teamplay game but not fun anymore (due to all the change and nerf and the OP marine now)

Then for me the answer is simply NO !

Comments

• frantixfrantix Join Date: 2013-03-18 Member: 184063Members, WC 2013 - Supporter
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2013
    I enjoy the game entirely in its current state. I've been playing since b208, in the beta, where balance was actually poor than it is now and more varied. They haven't been able to shake me since.
  • crymearivercrymeariver Join Date: 2013-08-29 Member: 187185Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Wouldn't it make more sense to make this a pole?
    I mean asking for opinions here is only going to lead south anyways. B-)

But yeah, I still do get some enjoyment out of the game.
  • MestaritonttuMestaritonttu Join Date: 2004-07-29 Member: 30229Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    If you play it, you enjoy it, otherwise you got a problem.

Of course I enjoy the game. I enjoyed it in beta already, when A LOT of things were horrible. There's not a single FPS that comes close to having the amount of strategy NS2 has. Or, that I know of. Do tell if you have suggestions.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
  • OtsOts Join Date: 2003-07-30 Member: 18577Members, Constellation
    edited October 2013
    Yes

And i think everyone who says NO should take a break.
  • BestProfileNameBestProfileName Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177320Members
    I enjoy it but I had more fun pre-Gorgeous when it was a lot more fun to be alien.

However, with the new build coming out soon, I think that might be about to change.
  • joohoo_n3djoohoo_n3d Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164703Members, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Supporter
  • WalsaWalsa Join Date: 2011-06-28 Member: 106813Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I really enjoy the game in its state right now. Alien tech tree its fun compared the previous iterations. Playing alien commander is not that boring anymore, with more active actions to help players in the field. Gorge tunnels are a bit off he charts right now, but it will be revisited in the next patch.

Marines feels in the right spot, although I don't find grenades that useful, just a novelty.

The game has a really big learning curve, and I think that is one of the problems it has related to gameplay. Its is hard to start loving the game and stop thinking "he is cheating, he cant have 30/2 kdr". But with time and correct tweaking we are having better games overall, that is something easy to fix.

But what I think is really lowering the player population is the technical implementation. Client and server performance. And we know that server performance has a big impact in the client as well. Late game is really messy, specially if aliens are wining. Having servers with 24 slots doesn't help either (most of the ones that exist right now doesn't have the hardware to support this configuration, with so many servers per machine and with all slots filled), but that is a decision that server administrators have to take, not UWE.

When you have 109 people in your friend list, and only 38 play it once per 2 weeks (1 or 2 hour maximum) and of that 38 only 8 play it regularly every day its really depressing. Their reasons go from "I have 9 fps" to "its not NS1 in a new engine". The latter doesn't matter to me, but the firsts one makes me feel uneasy, specially because I recommended the game for those people. Even buy it to them using my credit card when they didn't have one, trying to use the medium requirement to know if the game will work more or less with good fps.

• joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    For whatever reason, Lock and I were going back and watching old beta videos of NS2. All I can say is that this game has come a long way. I personally love the game and will continue to play it into the foreseeable future.

With that being said, I hope and expect the performance issues will keep improving.
  • ThePyroSquirrelThePyroSquirrel Iowa, U.S.A. Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186641Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Vicento wrote: »
    like me play only because it's the best teamplay game but not fun anymore (due to all the change and nerf and the OP marine now)

...If you don't enjoy a game why would you still play it? I enjoy the game as much now as I ever have.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    No to pub play, a tentative yes for competitive.
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2013
    Yes i do!
    And ive got better aswell, mostly from playing on servers with good players.
  • SlowLeftySlowLefty Join Date: 2011-02-13 Member: 81653Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2013
    In general yes, but have been playing so long, little things start to piss me off more.

Little things like having to re-pick my alien upgrades every time I spawn,
    finding that quick switch, suddenly chooses xenocide when researched,
    or welder instead of your pistol.

I play more marine now as it is a lot less stressful, even when losing, I keep looking forward
    to a patch that stops marines being able to super leap away after being bitten in the legs.

I keep playing because the 1 in 20 balanced game, still gives me a feeling of joy.
  • ZaliZali Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185668Members
    edited October 2013
    Playing very little these days, so no. Pre-gorgeous NS2 was the best imo, specifically the build right before they first bricked skulks.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    SlowLefty wrote: »
    In general yes, but have been playing so long, little things start to piss me off more.

Little things like having to re-pick my alien upgrades every time I spawn,
    finding that quick switch, suddenly chooses xenocide when researched,
    or welder instead of your pistol.

I play more marine now as it is a lot less stressful, even when losing, I keep looking forward
    to a patch that stops marines being able to super leap away after being bitten in the legs.

I keep playing because the 1 in 20 balanced game, still gives me a feeling of joy.

Have to agree with this, when you've played long enough to see every little imbalance those things start to piss you off more and more each game you play.
  • tallhotblondetallhotblonde Join Date: 2012-12-11 Member: 174770Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Vicento wrote: »
    okay, here a simple question, no need to tell us what you like ou dislike in the game because we havea lot of threads for this.

I just start this little thread to know if you still enjoy this game anymore or like me play only because it's the best teamplay game but not fun anymore (due to all the change and nerf and the OP marine now)

This thread is so stupid, if the answer is simply NO then why don't you just DO ONE.

YES I am the first to point out UWE's mistakes and make a bitchy forum post about their decisions, approach and general behaviour but I offer constructive criticism and give feedback in the process.

NS2 is NS2, help us help them make it better or just GTFO..
  • NazoNazo Such Is Life in The Zone Join Date: 2010-12-16 Member: 75720Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    edited October 2013
    Zali wrote: »
    Playing very little these days, so no. Pre-gorgeous NS2 was the best imo, specifically the build right before they first bricked skulks.

Not sure what your talking about, if you wall-hop/bhop good, Skulks are flying speed demons (especially with celerity)
  • AceDauntlessAceDauntless Join Date: 2013-05-16 Member: 185253Members, Reinforced - Gold
    Yeah definetly, would like to see AV changed back, or at least the option, and would really love to see server optimizations. This game has some of the worse rubber banding I've ever seen.

But still a fantastic experience
  • LamboLambo Iceland Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154915Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I don't enjoy the constant micro freezing.
    tenderloin wrote: »
    I don't enjoy the constant micro freezing.

This times a fucking thousand, it's the one issue that's persistently annoyed me for months, it more than anything is probably why I don't play the game much anymore.
  • Internet_EmperorInternet_Emperor Join Date: 2013-06-08 Member: 185512Members
    edited October 2013
    Just saw the thread and logged in to say no as everyone still playing the game and browsing these forums are not going to give you anything but yes as they wouldn't be playing with the numerous other options available. I will not give an educated opinion as you'll all disagree no matter what I say as the game for you is good with the only universal opinion being the FPS drops really make the game suck.

You should probably make a poll as you'll get better results, but my opinion is somewhat irrelevant as I could point to the Steamcharts as NS2 shows a pretty much unabated lack of growth in the population; not a decline, but nobody who tries the game ends up staying and the population just stays the same group of players. Not to mention that the enthusiasm is not there, the World Cup Kickstarter still isn't even close to 30K and the idea of focusing this much on e-sports is outright silly with such a tiny player base.
  • NeoQuaker1NeoQuaker1 New York Join Date: 2013-02-19 Member: 183182Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Yes, I think the game is in a very good place right now. Last night I had one of my best matches ever. 55-60 mins on Refinery. Balance is good. Can't complain about performance.
    edited October 2013
    See, I don't want to be that guy but... You say it's in a good place, then you say one of the best matches you ever played lasted 55-60 minutes. Now I'm getting the razor out to attempt to kill myself by the 25 minute mark, so saying it's in a good place frustrates me. I just can't even value that as an opinion, which makes no logical sense, so that's pretty bad.
  • Al_BoboAl_Bobo Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183957Members
    Yes. I have played in 24 -man servers 411 hours now and don't see a reason to stop. Teams are stacked and performance is often poor, but I still enjoy playing NS2. NS2 is the new TF2 for me. Though it will take some more playing to reach TF2's 1300 hours played :P
  • ns2isgoodns2isgood Join Date: 2013-04-16 Member: 184847Members
    I still find it fun when you get in a good game, but I find myself getting a lot more frustrated with certain gameplay mechanics and balance than in the past.