Prioritise ammo drops?

KiloKilo Join Date: 2013-09-01 Member: 187529Members, Reinforced - Shadow
edited October 2013 in Ideas and Suggestions
How many times do you call for ammo, switch to pistol (because your lmg is low, hense the call) then the ammo dropped goes to your pistol.

Too many times is the answer. I sometimes wont switch to pistol and run around with a very low lmg through fear of an ammo drop going to the wrong gun.

Can it be made so ammo prioritises the primary weapon?
Or a small buff and just make an ammo pack fill all ammo up...

Comments

• littleevilwolflittleevilwolf Join Date: 2013-01-17 Member: 180231Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    i simple fix is the com drops 2 packs.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I don't really see a problem with that, I doubt people would CHOOSE to have full pistol ammo over full rifle/shotgun ammo. Only issue is if you're half a clip down in your rifle, but want pistol ammo, then what? This makes me think you either have to have it fill up both or just ask your comm not to drop it right on you so you can choose a weapon then run over it. Or better yet, ask for 2 packs.
  • LamboLambo Iceland Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154915Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Just make 1 ammo pack give 2 clips in both guns, regardless what weapon you're holding.
  • ZalamaelZalamael Join Date: 2013-08-18 Member: 186949Members
    Have it fill both and double the cost?
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited October 2013
    Distributing evenly to both guns would do. any left over ammo given to each gun goes to fill the other one. Ex: Having 3 magazines for pistol and 1 for rifle, 1 ammo pack would fill the pistol and give leftover ammo to rifle.
  • RedSwordRedSword Join Date: 2006-12-07 Member: 58947Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Give 4 clips, fill primary first, than pistol if any remains.

Or something like that as said above.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Kilo wrote: »
    How many times do you call for ammo, switch to pistol (because your lmg is low, hense the call) then the ammo dropped goes to your pistol.

Too many times is the answer. I sometimes wont switch to pistol and run around with a very low lmg through fear of an ammo drop going to the wrong gun.

Can it be made so ammo prioritises the primary weapon?
    Or a small buff and just make an ammo pack fill all ammo up...
    +1 !
    I just recommended this to Sewlek a bit ago :)
  • NazoNazo Such Is Life in The Zone Join Date: 2010-12-16 Member: 75720Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    edited October 2013
    And if you drop both your weapons and pick up an ammo box you should get duel switch axes :P
  • WakelaggerWakelagger Join Date: 2012-11-14 Member: 170906Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Nazo wrote: »
    And if you drop both your weapons and pick up an ammo box you should get duel switch axes :P

Natural Selection 2: Deadliest Warrior dlc
  • BestProfileNameBestProfileName Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177320Members
    I thought of this ages ago (might have posted something). I have this problem all the time.
  • casan0vaxcasan0vax Cloverfield, USA Join Date: 2012-11-04 Member: 166663Members, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited October 2013
    I drop ammo on marines when their rifles are drawn. If I see they have their pistols out, I drop it in front of them.

#smartcomming

Edited for hashtag goodness.
  • CLARK_KENTCLARK_KENT Vancouver, Canada Join Date: 2002-11-21 Member: 9508Members, Reinforced - Silver
    casan0vax wrote: »
    I drop ammo on marines when their rifles are drawn. If I see they have their pistols out, I drop it in front of them.

#smartcomming

Edited for hashtag goodness.

May not necessarily be as easy as you make it to be when you're commanding pub players with more than the standard competitive match of 5 players on the marine side, as a commander will likely have to be going back and forth to many different places on the map constantly.
  • casan0vaxcasan0vax Cloverfield, USA Join Date: 2012-11-04 Member: 166663Members, WC 2013 - Shadow
    CLARK_KENT wrote: »
    May not necessarily be as easy as you make it to be when you're commanding pub players with more than the standard competitive match of 5 players on the marine side, as a commander will likely have to be going back and forth to many different places on the map constantly.
    I was talking specifically about pubs though :) My comp team normally asks for ammo through TS3, they only request meds in-game.

But in my [pub] experience, I'm actually not as frequently being requested for ammo or meds these days as opposed to a few months ago--it seems people are forgetting there's actually a bind for it! And I often drop ammo on people who don't even request it anyways, to kind of beat them to the punch :)
  • FroztyFrozty SWEDEN Join Date: 2012-01-22 Member: 141596Members
    It would be sweet if you could be able to drop your "pistol" ammo to a friends rifle/pistol.
    But this should be a "server" setting and be common on publics. ( Just like friendly fire? ) We all know that all commanders thats learning dont have time to drop ammo.
  • KalabalanaKalabalana Join Date: 2003-11-14 Member: 22859Members
    This has been brought up before.
    My personal take was that if a commander drops ammo directly on the marine, it defaults to fill the active weapon from which the request was made.
    Seems to cover most situations
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Kalabalana wrote: »
    This has been brought up before.
    My personal take was that if a commander drops ammo directly on the marine, it defaults to fill the active weapon from which the request was made.
    Seems to cover most situations

That's what we currently have.