Xenoswarm released!

13»

Comments

• DaxxDaxx Join Date: 2002-04-16 Member: 460Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Heh, playing this right now, its got promise. Reminds me of the online play in the first Alien Vs Predator. Maps REALLY need some work tho.
  • MrRadicalEdMrRadicalEd Turrent Master Join Date: 2004-08-13 Member: 30601Members
    Oh there is this thread... this was fun, and I feel this mod can help people acclimate to the Spark engine and NS2 as a whole.. almost what Combat did in terms of exposure for NS1. I want to ask the devs of this mod, what was the rationale behind the new marine movement? I find it a little too fast, but it is very snappy.. like NS1 snappy. It's nice.
  • MCMLXXXIVMCMLXXXIV Join Date: 2010-04-14 Member: 71400Members
    The rationale was that originally we tried to make a Marine vs Marine 'halo combat' style mod, but it sucked. So we kept the movement code and the colour shader from that and just put them into Xenoswarm wholesale. The main change we made to the movement logic was to let you run backwards a bit faster and to let us have different classes with different speeds.
  • Electr0Electr0 Join Date: 2011-10-31 Member: 130337Members
    I would love to play some combat mvm, it doesn't have to be fancy just the normal marine upgrades with team colours would do, i really miss mvm from ns2, it was a lot of fun! :(
  • lifesfunlifesfun Join Date: 2011-02-24 Member: 83302Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
  • lifesfunlifesfun Join Date: 2011-02-24 Member: 83302Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    xenoswarm seems to be not working since the new build. Anyone else having this problem?
    The server has no errors, however all clients do:

Error: The message ClearTechTree was already hooked
    Error: The message TechNodeBasewas already hooked
    Error: The message TechNodeUpdate was already hooked
    Error: Different number of network messages on the Client from the Server
  • DarkSeraphDarkSeraph Join Date: 2004-06-07 Member: 29174Members
    Bumping this thread to see how xenoswarm is doing and to see if mineshaft needs any sort of updating. I haven't heard much!
  • MCMLXXXIVMCMLXXXIV Join Date: 2010-04-14 Member: 71400Members
    Thanks for the bump! I had been struggling for a while to work out how to fix the mod for build 256 but I worked it out today... a version that should work is now up on the workshop, but we still need to add the new marine abilities etc. and that will come shortly.

On the plus side, performance looks a lot better than a couple of builds ago!
  • McGlaspieMcGlaspie www.team156.com Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73044Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester
    @MCMLXXXIV Well done! I hope I won't be saying the same thing in a month or two... *sigh*
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    I currently get an "Invalid data" error on any xenoswarm server i try to connect, "any" being Team156 Seattle servers and UK oldassgamers; the only xs servers available.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    I just decided to have a day of playing NS2 mods, to see what is out there. Xenoswarm is broken and will not allow you to connect to any server.
  • DarkflameQDarkflameQ Join Date: 2013-02-28 Member: 183451Members
    edited October 2013
    What causes the rubberbanding out of interest?