So, I saw this guy leaving his Exo...

VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
...and I thought: If he buys a new one, what happens to the old one?
Is he able to spam Exos just like that, until the server dies?

Obviously, there was only one way to find out...
VX5E1XV.jpg

Y23eluj.jpg

But if the TSF found me and thought I was an Exo smuggler? Better get rid of those.

qzhvMcs.jpg

I lost count at 50. There was a severe fps drop.

Would've been easier to spam armories, though, using autobuild. I soon hit the mac-points-cap, though... I used proto labs, instead.
BoAcEMU.jpg

JVQ25Gb.jpg

But Tres replenish very slow in Sandbox mode, so I had to go for something Pres-ish if I wanted to truly have MANY of something...

The solution: Mines. You can buy three at time. (lots of images incoming)
17hA33W.jpg

2AT9uTT.jpg

ekhUONg.jpg

XB6SUTG.jpg

Gp8gMmP.jpg

BMAkOdQ.jpg

DKxXK3a.jpg

bJuiA3o.jpg

y3lMoua.jpg

w778WMs.jpg

Hymdrvd.jpg

I guess I got kinda sidetracked.

I know there have been bigger mine-explosions, but I thought you might be interested in the Exos...

Comments

• joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Brings back memories of stress-testing servers with mine explosions in PT. I think at one time we had like 60 mines in a 8ft x 8ft box.
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited October 2013
    If you want to have fun just type
    cheats 1
    autobuild
    alltech
    and spawn <name> like spawn exo
    And bind that to a key
    I was stress testing a server and ended up it the server after I tried to arc about 300 whips
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Keybind is a good idea. Didn't come up with this and did it manually :D
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Sadly spawn mine only spawns a pack of mines D:
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    SamusDroid wrote: »

You can use the give command to give mines right?
    BeigeAlert wrote: »
    SamusDroid wrote: »

You can use the give command to give mines right?
    give mines

• CrushaKCrushaK Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167195Members, NS2 Playtester
    I remember the times when we were toying around in a server to test Sewlek's Balance Test mod and cheats were enabled because there weren't enough players for a match. People joined, but cheats stayed on and things were getting ridiculous. I was giving myself infinite mines and set traps everywhere.

You could also instantly switch your lifeforms, even after dying. Right after the Exo exploded, a new one would appear in the same place. Same for the immortal Fade that turned into a Gorge midair to spam some Bile, then into a Lerk for some harassment and then back into a Fade after dying - it was horrific.

Or spawning stuff anywhere I wanted. Who needs tech points when you can put a Hive anywhere you like? We put about 20 Hives just in Cargo, all over the place. Marines killed them in a breeze with 'highdamage' being enabled. So I went out to play hide and seek with Hives. I spawned one in the window at the ceiling of The Dome - marines never found it.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    joshhh wrote: »
    Brings back memories of stress-testing servers with mine explosions in PT. I think at one time we had like 60 mines in a 8ft x 8ft box.
    Like this? :P

• joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    If cheats are on:
    One does not simply play alien....

Without using DarwinMode
  • sotanahtsotanaht Join Date: 2013-01-12 Member: 179215Members
    joshhh wrote: »

I've actually seen something like that in actual live gameplay. During a turtle someone with res and nothing to spend it on decided to place enough mines in the top alcove in Control on nano to kill an onos. This was before Exos and JPs could be bought on one tech so he really didn't have anything better to do, and maybe someone else helped him. Might not have been 60 mines, but it was definitely over 30. Didn't quite kill the onos but brought him low enough to finish off.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES&#33; FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS&#33; Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    Warning: Beware when using mines. Can crash server.
    Have done so.
    Was funny. except when we had to reboot.
  • BentRingBentRing Join Date: 2003-03-04 Member: 14318Members
    edited October 2013
    Earlier tonight we had mines set up like dominoes from subsector to marine start via the hallway and the vent to skylights and on to topo where they finished at the end of the vent.

The explosion chain was glorious.
  • dragonmithdragonmith Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182817Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    If you had a map big enough... and placed mines fast enough...
  • Side1Bu2Rnz9Side1Bu2Rnz9 Join Date: 2012-10-16 Member: 162510Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Darwin skulk with leap OP!! Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Superskulk!
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I like placing 6 mines on the tops of doorways as lerk traps. If all talk is on, there screams in surprise are glorious.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    james888 wrote: »
    I like placing 6 mines on the tops of doorways as lerk traps. If all talk is on, there screams in surprise are glorious.

I'm totally going to try this. Recommendations where it works best?
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    ... you know.. for testing :P
    edited October 2013
    GISP wrote: »
    ... you know.. for testing :P

WUT lmao!
    That's awesome