*FIXED* Not an NS2 issue! Started NS2 and the colors are out of wack.

XeliosXelios Join Date: 2012-10-09 Member: 161946Members
edited October 2013 in Technical Support
I just downloaded the new patch today and decided to try it out. I loaded NS2 and the main menu screen's color had a REALLY red tint to it... I mean it's not fixable through monitor settings. This same issue is the same in-game as well. The steps I took are as follows:
1. Verified game integrity or cache.
2. Reset options file
3. Diabled all mods by unsubbing
4. Deleted workshop file
5. Tried to join a game to see if it was the same. It is.
6. Ran techsupport.exe and attached it below.

I tried to take a screenshot of what I'm seeing and it looks fine in the screenshot. That maybe is a sign? I don't know lol, It looks perfectly normal on the screenshot I took and I don't think I'm going colorblind or something. I also see some sort of debug menu in the bottom right saying to hit ctrl+alt+insert. It says:

Natural Selection 2
Rating: Not recommended
Some objects render at wrong depth. Some objects render incorrectly
Press ctrl+alt+insert to toggle this info.

Any ideas? I just updated to windows 8.1 and I'm using the 327.23 drivers that are not beta, but it's the most recent release.

Comments

• XeliosXelios Join Date: 2012-10-09 Member: 161946Members
    Well stupid me. I tried some other games I own like CS:GO and Chivalry... having the same issue. Sorry just didn't think of that at the time. I also reset my computer :(
  • ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    usually a cable issue in these cases. Check those plugs:)
    Final fantasy 14 works perfect though. I am just so confused ha. Guess I'll start trolling around the internet to figure out what's up. If you have any idea what it may be please let me know.
    Figured it out somehow stereoscopic 3d got turned on in my NVidia profile..... Must of been something with updating to 8.1 because it has always been off.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Thanks for posting your solution!
    No problem! Hopefully it will help someone in the future heh. Sorry to waste everyone's time.