Add Server Que to Full Servers

Mac1OManMac1OMan Join Date: 2004-10-29 Member: 32510Members, Reinforced - Supporter
edited September 2013 in Ideas and Suggestions
There's already a system in place, but there are circumstances that I've noticed where it just says server is full and doesn't wait for available slot.

For instance when a server has a reserved slot 17/18, or when a server is noted as reserved slot 18/17. Trying to join these servers it just says server is full. So I have to keep trying to connect over and over again hoping a slot opens up right when I'm attempting to connect. :(

Just a simple suggestion. It works when its 18/18 and I can just click it and it auto joins me when a slot is open so I can tab out for a bit while I wait.

Comments

• DraptorDraptor Join Date: 2013-03-05 Member: 183721Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    On that, I wish the exclude full servers filter would work on servers that are full but have reserved slots open.
  • Mac1OManMac1OMan Join Date: 2004-10-29 Member: 32510Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Draptor wrote: »
    On that, I wish the exclude full servers filter would work on servers that are full but have reserved slots open.

That would be nice too! :)

• Mac1OManMac1OMan Join Date: 2004-10-29 Member: 32510Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    This has gotten a lot worse with 258. I noticed now that when I fail to join a server because its full the sound and music volumn of the game increase exponentially after each failure. It gets extremely loud, and is extremely annoying/painful for my ears. I have to mute my computer before attempting to join a server now.
  • ZahlZahl Join Date: 2003-02-21 Member: 13802Members, Constellation
    Unlike NS1 in Steam, where you could que for a server and still browse the available other server slots, in NS2 if you do that, you close the queing system.

And for servers with reserved slots, you could put some manual configure option in, that you join the server when it has less than x amount of players. Right click the server, choose que, if the server had seeming slots available or has previously refused you for being full, you have the option to fill in amount of players for when to join.