EXO vs ONOS

duvelduvel Join Date: 2004-02-09 Member: 26318Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
and EXO goes boooom !!!! :)

marines should be able to buy/replace the EXO's second gun at Prototype Lab with a shield,
like the ONOS boneshield.

I find them EXO's weak, heavy gunpower yes but the ONOS can block it while getting closer to you.

Comments

• KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold
    That's why exos should never face onos alone. If they do, it's already a mistake. Don't forget that when a team of aliens face a team of marines, focused fire can quickly eliminate high value targets. Bone shield is necessary to make onos even viable, but even there, he is stationary and losing energy while shielded, while the exo can backtrack and still fire. Lone onos must be able to take lone exo head on, otherwise it would be too imbalanced in team vs. team. Exos with welders and flamers around are very difficult to kill.
  • duvelduvel Join Date: 2004-02-09 Member: 26318Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    We're not in the middle ages... :)

A nano projected shield, just an extra safety option players can buy.
    Great to push back an ONOS, it degenerates and must reload too.

Macs die, marines die, or suddenly run the other way or have a meeting at the armory,
    and there you are, alone, with overheated guns....
  • HobocopHobocop Join Date: 2010-11-23 Member: 75226Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Yes? And? That's map awareness issue and good play on the alien's part to eliminate the units supporting the exos so that they're more vulnerable.
  • duvelduvel Join Date: 2004-02-09 Member: 26318Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Your 'map awareness' is more found on competitive servers.

There was another thread about an EXO that can shoot his fist, I find that acceptable too, but maybe less practical in competitive gameplay.

And then again, it's just a game, never mind...
  • HobocopHobocop Join Date: 2010-11-23 Member: 75226Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    What's your point? Public players shouldn't be excluded from having to learn about map awareness just because they're pubbies.
    This topic is not about pubs learning map awareness but a suggestion for adding extra content.
  • Al_BoboAl_Bobo Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183957Members
    I do not wish extra content. Instead I want devs to improve the content we already have.

- Mostly Happy Pubber
    As far as you're concerned 'Ideas and Suggestions' can be closed?

very supportive....
  • GameOverGameOver Germany Join Date: 2003-10-15 Member: 21700Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    I like the current status and i don't see need for a "shield". I don't see how a "shield" fits into the NS2 setting, too.

A single gun exo, be it railgun or minigun, is outmatched by an onos. Dual Railguns can easily deal with every lifeform except an onos. Dual Miniguns just kill everything including an onos.

I see boneshield as a counter to dual miniguns, which gives an onos the ability to draw fire without taking damage. If the player in the exo ist not smart enough and keeps shooting at the front of a boneshielded onos i'd say that the exo missed his chance.

Most important: Never ever be on your own. ;)
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    duvel wrote: »
    and EXO goes boooom !!!! :)

marines should be able to buy/replace the EXO's second gun at Prototype Lab with a shield,
    like the ONOS boneshield.

I find them EXO's weak, heavy gunpower yes but the ONOS can block it while getting closer to you.

Marines play better when grouped together. However, ever since 250 and later builds, you get this problem with marines being able to solo and becoming less reliant on groups (also you get very short early and mid game). Exos used to be much slower but also much tankier before 250.
  • PhilFrancTireurPhilFrancTireur France Join Date: 2013-10-15 Member: 188708Members, Reinforced - Shadow
  • ns2isgoodns2isgood Join Date: 2013-04-16 Member: 184847Members
    you already have nanoshield, and a fully upgraded dual exo will kill an onos almost every time, unless the onos catches them off guard.