Mouse lagging like hell

sENoZsENoZ Fromuranus Join Date: 2013-10-12 Member: 188676Members
Hello people sorry for my english am French.

So my problem is... First i have icore5 and Nvidia 720 4 go of memory... okay computer for NS 2 ans lot of other game.

I have two mouse... Razzer and G9X but playing with the razzer mouse or logitech one i have some lag mouse... when i see an ennemy its hard like hell to spot them and shoot them....

Yeah i reduce resolution and other kind of thing but nothing change.. still having mouse lag during game.

Help me about please thanks.

Comments

• AliceTaylorAliceTaylor Join Date: 2013-05-03 Member: 185099Members, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter
    what is your rendering type, operating system, getting fps in game.
  • sENoZsENoZ Fromuranus Join Date: 2013-10-12 Member: 188676Members
    edited October 2013
    Hello i use D3D9 on win 8 64. i got around 37 fps in game _-_
  • ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    the biggest source mouse lag I have heard of is having a high mouse polling rate. There were some people who were reporting having a poll rate at 1000+ was causing lag, but i have never tried it myself.
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Confused wrote: »
    the biggest source mouse lag I have heard of is having a high mouse polling rate. There were some people who were reporting having a poll rate at 1000+ was causing lag, but i have never tried it myself.
    I use 1000 polling rate and it's smooth
  • RedSwordRedSword Join Date: 2006-12-07 Member: 58947Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    I've read on the forum about polling rate. Try to put it down at 250 or below. That polling rate problem seems to be a problem only with some mouse thought (@Samus above).
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    Have you tried to turn off raw input in the options.
    Hello all i did try with every graphic option in small quality... nothing change.. the computer can run NS 2 without any problem, i just have lot of difficulty when facing an ennemy for shoot... its just impossible... i can not follow the ennemy correctly with my mouse -____-

i dont understand really... On the razzer mouse is use only 500 polling rate, more is not necessary and can cause lag, and on the G9X i use less then 500 so ... i dont understand.
    edited October 2013
    i have the razzer driver and G9X driver running together, the two mouse are ( on ) mode on my computer, playing like that with every other game and i dont have any lag..
  • IronsoulIronsoul Join Date: 2011-03-12 Member: 86048Members
    I think it's the game engine. I'm putting together a video (be done by tomorrow) where I recorded myself with a camera moving the mouse and showing the delay in update on the game.

It seems to be framerate related. At 200fps, there's next to no significant mouse lag. But at 60 there's quite a lot of it.

Keep you posted.
    Yes ok about the video, where do you will post that video ??? Here ??? I did lay NS 2 again and its the same men really... These guy make beautiful map have a beautiful game but they dont optimize it..... When am was doing map for counter strike source before am was doing lot of optimization on my map for reduce lag as the max possible; thats the base when you do maping; you optimize your map... But i think its not only about the map but the engine too... I mean... Well if we did have the graphic of counter globale offensive for exemple it will be fine for me !!
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    edited October 2013
    It's his framerate, the way mouse input is being handled now is different and if your framerate is below your monitors refresh rate you will suffer heavy input lag

The option raw input makes it so that regardless of framerate your mouse input should be handled at a consistent rate/you won't suffer heavy input lag regardless of frames, but from what I've seen raw input no longer works properly and input is being handled by the game itself, so if your framerate is sufficient your mouse input will feel pretty good, however drop below your refresh rate and you'll begin to feel the delay hard
    It's not that simple, I've got a refresh rate of 60hz and even at a framerate of 120 I experience annoying levels of input lag.
  • AsranielAsraniel Join Date: 2002-06-03 Member: 724Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    I think we need a lot more info here. For me since reinforced input lag is gone for dx9 and fullscreen.

First of all, there seems to be a serious issue about your FPS. 37 is super low for what you got as a hardware. Mine is way worse and i play at 60+ fps.

Could you tell us all your graphics settings? Mainly, try to disable ambient occlusion
    Hi all, Asranial my graphic setting on NS 2 are really bad lol .... every setting down ambient bloom thing else too are OFF...

And again i can play counter globale offensive or else game without any lag, no lag men !!! Its perfect, but on NS 2 got several problem the wich you know that i have... its really crazy men lol was thinking that it can be my internet connection but no... its n'ot... ! every driver of my computer are updated, i have Nvidia 720 men.. and icore5....

So... i dont know i dont know...
    So yeah i buy a game that is not optimized as it should be .... And question please, where can i contact one person from NS Team please ? i would like to ask an question. about using ambiant sound from NS 1 for an stopmotion project...
    ezekel wrote: »
    It's his framerate, the way mouse input is being handled now is different and if your framerate is below your monitors refresh rate you will suffer heavy input lag

It can not be my mouse framerate i dont have any lag with other game.. so its ... strenge thing....
  • xtalxtal aka X-rayCat Join Date: 2009-06-28 Member: 67961Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter
    no its not that problem.. i did not tel but i have a laptop. but the problem looks like to be about graphic processor.. so i select Nvidia High performance in nvidia pannel FXAA desactivate, anticrenelage by application... no i restart the computer and will try again NS 2... see you.
  • lwflwf Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58311Members, Constellation
    edited October 2013
    Make sure vsync is disabled in-game and not forced in the graphics drivers. Actually, make sure no settings whatsoever are forced in the drivers.

Run the game in exclusive fullscreen mode, do not use so called windowed fullscreen.

Try disabling Windows Aero, see this guide for how to do it automatically when playing NS2.

NS2 should be played with at least 60 FPS. It's not called PowerPoint: The Game for a reason. Set everything to low except perhaps textures as those won't slow you down unless you're on a hopelessly outdated machine and it won't matter what you do anyway. Don't play on servers with too many players. Avoid more than 16 players, the hardware requirements goes up heavily as you add more. If you still can't get decent performance you're not going to be playing NS2 without new hardware.
    thanks lwf but i already try these things... and my computer can run easyly lot of other game in HD... for me no more NS 2; that game sucks so much and really need to be optimize...
  • BalmarkBalmark Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3476Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I'd the same issue ... I put it down to the wireless receiver + ns2

Instead of high rate of polling rate .. low rate was my problem I'm sure..
    I've a logitech wireless keyboard + logitech performance MX mouse on a unify usb receiver .. the receivers polling rate seems capped at something stupid like 125 .. I swapped the mouse out and tried a cheapass sweex wired USB with a polling rate of 500 and no problem!
    really strenge... lol
    edited October 2013
    Hey man, I posted another thread as I want to discuss this issue in a different way to your thread and I'd also rather not hijack it. But here's a copy of the link to the video I promised you.

Note that when I say 200fps at that point my game is getting constant 200fps not dropping below even once. I'm in the ready room so that's to be expected.
  • AsranielAsraniel Join Date: 2002-06-03 Member: 724Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    @asraniel naww.. these two topics are different.

The OP here is running the game on a laptop (probably proprietary drivers) with a sub par GPU that is not meant for FPS gaming. He's getting terrible performance and that is what he's experiencing, i'm sure of it.

The fact that it runs CS GO means nothing, considering you can run most source engine based games on integrated graphics if you wanted to.
  • elodeaelodea Editlodea Join Date: 2009-06-20 Member: 67877Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    sENoZ wrote: »
    i dont understand really... On the razzer mouse is use only 500 polling rate, more is not necessary and can cause lag, and on the G9X i use less then 500 so ... i dont understand.
    polling rate of 500 down from 1000 worked wonders for me.

This really needs to become common knowledge. Why this information hasn't been shared more in the past when people have brought up mouse issues is a real mystery.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    It has been, frequently, some people need to move down to even 125hz. It usually only matters on weaker CPU's though, with a decent cpu you can run at 1000hz no problem.
    ho men about your video its so horrible really :( what a lag mouse you have really ;(

i am playing Skyrim with graphic mod and i have absolutely no lag lol ......
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    No offense, but i never understand why 80% of tech support cases claim "But i have no problems in X game / X engine"
    There are canyons of differences between game engines. Especially ones made to run on 10 year old hardware like an Xbox. (skyrim)
    From drivers, to budgets, to cpu or gpu utilization to multi threaded, to age etc etc etc...
    Bottom line: Your video card is meant for photo and video editing, and not modern day FPS games at high frame rates. Its the lowest card you can buy in it's generation.
    Feel free to use that website i linked to compare video cards.

I'd be interested in seeing your p_log for thorough analysis to be sure tho if you want to take the time and do that? More than likely its going to say what i already assume: Your poor performance in game and low Frames Per Second are the reason why the mouse feels laggy.

But if you feel up to it:
    type p_logall in the console (the ~ key) when you are playing a game with others. 10-15 minutes later quit the game and navigate to your hidden %appdata%/natural selection 2/ folder and then compress/zip the file. (the file type will show as "plog") Upload that file on the internet somewhere and link it here.
    edited October 2013
    my poor performance ?? wtf men... i will try to do what you are telling me; but still NS 2 shit about optimization thats the point, and i play with graphic mod on skyrim so ....
This discussion has been closed.