Natural Selection Birthday/Anniversary Surprise...

Evil_IceEvil_Ice Join Date: 2004-07-09 Member: 29827Members, Squad Five Blue
Hey all, some of you may or may not remember me. I've released a number of custom models/animations for NS2, many of which were designed to be nostalgic reinventions of old NS1 designs, the best of which I had the privilege of creating with the collaboration of an old friend, Ben "Jamin" Dalling such as the NS1 Knife and NS1 Fade. I also made the little Compact LMG/SMG hack that was being used in the beta mod for a while to replace the default rifle (yes blame me). Well, I have been silent and busy for many months since the last time anyone has heard from me, but I have been on and off working on a "masterpiece" of nostalgia for NS2, again with EZJamin, for almost the last year...

So, that brings me here... I have finally come upon some minor downtime in between a multitude of deployments, and managed to sit down and try to finish this asset in time for the NS birthday/anniversary. I don't want to reveal anything to the general public yet, but I am going to need a small control group of "testers" that I can use for feedback and critique. If you are interested, the requirements are as follows:

-Have to have been a long time Natural Selection player, including NS1. Nostalgia is a factor.
-Have some general knowledge of how to incorporate custom models/assets into the game.
-Have some restraint and agree to a verbal NDA, that is, keep your mouth shut until the time is right =p

Now, I know there isn't a huge audience on the NS2 forums anymore, and a steadily dwindling community for that matter as a whole, but I intend to at least finish this one last thing for NS2 before I move on to other things.

If you are reading this and are interested in helping me out, please let me know here on the thread, or in a PM, and I'll get in touch with you via Steam. Unlike another recent big announcement, this one is highly unlikely to end in disappointment.

Comments