Weapon damage tables for marines?

DogbiteDogbite Join Date: 2004-03-14 Member: 27329Members, Reinforced - Shadow
edited October 2013 in NS2 General Discussion
Is there a list of the damage that the marine weapons do? I tried searching for it, but all I got was posts about NS1.

Specifically interested in DPS when trying to prioritize melee marine attacks. Rifle, Axe, Welder, VS. Pistol, ect....

Comments

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited October 2013
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121084402 Maybe not total up-to-date. But should give you a basic idea.
  • DogbiteDogbite Join Date: 2004-03-14 Member: 27329Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Thanks for the link, there is some useful info there on the pistol, but it doesn't list any melee weapons to compare it to.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited October 2013
    Don't think we have any more detailed list around here. Time for someone to collect these datas :) In fact they should all be in the balance luas
  • lwflwf Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58311Members, Constellation
    Don't bother. Damage is in the game code but it isn't much use without attack rates which isn't, that's driven by the animations. The simplest way may just be to destroy a harvester with each weapon and use a stopwatch.
  • MrFangsMrFangs Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184474Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Or you could just use the official NS2 wiki. :) It has all the damage numbers, damage types, and fire rates as far as I can see.
  • ThePyroSquirrelThePyroSquirrel Iowa, U.S.A. Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186641Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    MrFangs wrote: »
    Or you could just use the official NS2 wiki. :) It has all the damage numbers, damage types, and fire rates as far as I can see.
    It's also chronically out of date. I wouldn't trust everything you read there.
  • ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    <.<
    >.>
    If you do find the data you could always you know update the wiki :)

Hooray contributing!
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    I'm not sure but you may be able to determine fire rates by using the viewer? I haven't actually tried it myself as I don't typically do any work on the tools or use them myself.
  • Omega_K2Omega_K2 Join Date: 2011-12-25 Member: 139013Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Dogbite wrote: »
    Is there a list of the damage that the marine weapons do? I tried searching for it, but all I got was posts about NS1.

Specifically interested in DPS when trying to prioritize melee marine attacks. Rifle, Axe, Welder, VS. Pistol, ect....

For current values look into ns2/lua/Balance*.lua
    (And some of the weapon specific files, and/or dmg types)
  • mondesmondes Canada Join Date: 2013-10-13 Member: 188679Members
    don't worry, im working on it. If you want to help, feel free :)