Increase FOV for aliens

SolaritySolarity Join Date: 2012-11-13 Member: 170515Members, Reinforced - Shadow
Aliens have a very narrow fov and it is annoying to have a marine strafe jump by and magicly appear else where

Comments

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Use the FOV slider?
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    If you make it any wider, weeeeeird thing start happening. On a listen server if you type dev 1 into console and then setfov number you can change it. Values like 500 flip and invert the screen, it's trippy. But I think its alright how it is.
  • Squirreli_Squirreli_ Join Date: 2012-04-25 Member: 151046Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    It has been suggested - back in beta I think - that there could be different FoV settings from marines and aliens... And lifeform specific settings (including keybinds) for that matter.
  • xBlueXFoxxxBlueXFoxx Join Date: 2013-06-07 Member: 185497Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Don't aliens already have an increased FOV?
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    Maybe an option for marine foV and egg/skulk/gorge/lerk/fade/onos foV? They all function differently, after all. like i wanna tunnel vision with my skulk but see everything with my lerk.
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    From here: http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/121517/fov-in-ns2
    How FOV works in NS2
    B221 included an FOV Adjustment slider bar that allows you to increase your FOV by up to 20 from the default, which are different for each class:
    Default/Marine= 90
    Embryo = 100
    Skulk = 105
    Gorge = 95
    Lerk = 100
    Fade = 90
    Onos = 90
    Exo = 95
  • SolaritySolarity Join Date: 2012-11-13 Member: 170515Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    reeql wrote: »
    I think that marines should be outlined even while biting (alien teeths are covering the field of view). It that way you might easier to track crazy jumping marine.

This brings up a better point, why are the eyes on the skulks skin outside and we see the world through the tounge? The mouth close aids the marines as skulks can't see when the mouth is closed.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Solarity wrote: »
    reeql wrote: »
    I think that marines should be outlined even while biting (alien teeths are covering the field of view). It that way you might easier to track crazy jumping marine.

This brings up a better point, why are the eyes on the skulks skin outside and we see the world through the tounge? The mouth close aids the marines as skulks can't see when the mouth is closed.
    That is the entire point. It was all about timing your bites and if you spam you are at a disadvantage and worked flawlessly in NS and NS2 pre-"rocket powered marines"
  • KalabalanaKalabalana Join Date: 2003-11-14 Member: 22859Members
    edited October 2013
    Fisheye the Skulk FOV when biting.
    Problem solved.
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    On max fov everything should be fine, just be aware that it will impact your framerate
  • OtsOts Join Date: 2003-07-30 Member: 18577Members, Constellation
    Problem with having you change fov in the options to make your hit your attacks better is retards like me who have no idea that the default setting is terrible for you, untill you in some odd realisation find a topic like this that makes you try it out, cause your friends whove played the game longer never told you about it. :(
  • Omega_K2Omega_K2 Join Date: 2011-12-25 Member: 139013Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Squirreli_ wrote: »
    It has been suggested - back in beta I think - that there could be different FoV settings from marines and aliens... And lifeform specific settings (including keybinds) for that matter.

That would be the way to go, especially since aliens have different FoV depending on lifeform..
  • KalabalanaKalabalana Join Date: 2003-11-14 Member: 22859Members
    Primarily, tracking a marine you are biting is difficult for many players, this should not be this way for what I feel are obvious reasons
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    If you make it any wider, weeeeeird thing start happening. On a listen server if you type dev 1 into console and then setfov number you can change it. Values like 500 flip and invert the screen, it's trippy. But I think its alright how it is.

I want the full 360 degree view! (google images, the ones where it looks like the world is a tiny little ball with sky all around).
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    First of all, there is a FOV slider.
    2nd of all, aliens already have more fov than marines.

Som1 plz lock this pointless thread.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    @coolitic I'm sure everyone is aware of that, clearly they want more.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    coolitic wrote: »
    First of all, there is a FOV slider.
    2nd of all, aliens already have more fov than marines.

Som1 plz lock this pointless thread.
    First of all, t'be true.
    2nd of all, dem marine and their blasted helmets

Some1 bumped the thread and it wasn't me :P