Shine Admin Mod?

13»

Comments

• Person8880Person8880 Join Date: 2013-01-02 Member: 177167Members, Squad Five Blue
    Faust wrote: »
    We've decided to go with the conventional res slot system and are running shine now. This mod is pretty slick, thanks. Does vote random still occasionally have issues getting ranking data if the balance mode is set on 5, or is it safe to use that setting without worrying about issues?

Edit: banning by game id via sh_banid will set the actual steamid as the gameID in the ban record, easily letting a banned player reconnect as they will have a new game ID on reconnect.
    sh_banid is intended to be used when a player is not on the server, and will only work with their NS2ID. Use sh_ban if they're on the server, the player argument can be game ID, NS2ID, Steam ID or part or all of their name, and it will enter them with their NS2ID in the bans.
  • FaustFaust Join Date: 2004-11-18 Member: 32852Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    We've decided to go with the conventional res slot system and are running shine now. This mod is pretty slick, thanks. Does vote random still occasionally have issues getting ranking data if the balance mode is set on 5, or is it safe to use that setting without worrying about issues?

Edit: banning by game id via sh_banid will set the actual steamid as the gameID in the ban record, easily letting a banned player reconnect as they will have a new game ID on reconnect.

Vote random has been fixed, but consider that hive ranking is pretty useless with those less server reporting to the hive system. BTW you need either BNS2 or [Shine] NS2Stats to enable your server for hive ranking.

Please keep in mind I wasn't referring to the ns2stats based balanced mode ( I believe that was the 3rd option. Not sure as github is having issues). I'm referring to NS2's native skill ranking right now.

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited October 2013

Vote random has been fixed, but consider that hive ranking is pretty useless with those less server reporting to the hive system. BTW you need either BNS2 or [Shine] NS2Stats to enable your server for hive ranking.

Please keep in mind I wasn't referring to the ns2stats based balanced mode ( I believe that was the 3rd option. Not sure as github is having issues). I'm referring to NS2's native skill ranking right now.

And that is the "Hive" System ... You can inform yourself about it in this forum.

• FaustFaust Join Date: 2004-11-18 Member: 32852Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow

And that is the "Hive" System ... You can inform yourself about it in this forum.

Thanks for mentioning that. I"ll look into it.

Person: It appears there's some sort of concede/surrender bug that's popping up occasionally (or maybe I messed up one of the configs?). Just joined our server today in a small game, 3v3. Couldn't concede or surrender. The game was 20 minutes in.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited October 2013

Person: It appears there's some sort of concede/surrender bug that's popping up occasionally (or maybe I messed up one of the configs?). Just joined our server today in a small game, 3v3. Couldn't concede or surrender. The game was 20 minutes in.

That depends on the servers votesurrender config: https://github.com/Person8880/Shine/wiki/Vote-Surrender . By default each team needs at least 6 players to conceede.

That depends on the servers votesurrender config: https://github.com/Person8880/Shine/wiki/Vote-Surrender . By default each team needs at least 6 players to conceede.

Thanks. I made some adjustments.
    I've heard that blockteams in random vote will block switches even when auto team balance is enabled. Can a new variable be setup to allow team switches when ATB is on? I've changed blockteams to 2 minutes for the time being.
    edited October 2013
    I've heard that blockteams in random vote will block switches even when auto team balance is enabled. Can a new variable be setup to allow team switches when ATB is on? I've changed blockteams to 2 minutes for the time being.

In fact BlockTeams blocks the usage of F4 for all players in a team. The main idea behind that is that player shouldn't regroup themself after a random vote. Ofc you could set BlockTeams to false then Players are able to use F4 again like before and switch teams if ATB allows it. For more infos look here: https://github.com/Person8880/Shine/wiki/Vote-Random
    edited October 2013
    I understand how it works, thanks anyway though.

I noticed a bug today that breaks vote random. If people keep voting for vote random, it will eventually throw everyone in the readyroom. At that point we weren't able to vote for random again. I had to use !forcerandom @readyroom to get things sorted properly.

Also, can we get a change to logging where the steamIDs and IPs are logged on connect? Thanks.
  • Person8880Person8880 Join Date: 2013-01-02 Member: 177167Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited October 2013
    By "keep voting for vote random", do you mean after multiple sortings? The only time it will put players into the ready room is if the AFK plugin's enabled and if their last move time was more than 60 seconds ago.

I would guess that for some reason the AFK plugin thought everyone had an AFK time of more than 60. I'll look into it. Edit: Am I right in thinking the server population was small? I think I know what caused it if that's the case. In fact, I can see it failing if the round's not started and it's set to only track when the round is running too.

As for IP address logging, I can do that along with the classic Steam ID.
  • DavilDavil Florida, USA Join Date: 2012-08-14 Member: 155602Members, Constellation
    edited October 2013
    Something that would be really helpful is like a set-up for dummies cause honestly I'm stumped, I subscribed to it on the workshop in the hopes the mod would download but it's not, I can't find it in either the dedicated server or client folders.

Figured it out, -mods 706d242 in the target. Maybe just a blurb on your page about setup though would be good.
    edited October 2013
    Davil wrote: »
    Something that would be really helpful is like a set-up for dummies cause honestly I'm stumped, I subscribed to it on the workshop in the hopes the mod would download but it's not, I can't find it in either the dedicated server or client folders.

Figured it out, -mods 706d242 in the target. Maybe just a blurb on your page about setup though would be good.

Look through Person's wiki on Shine here:

https://github.com/Person8880/Shine/wiki

Most of your questions are answered there.

Thanks for looking into that Person. FYI the server was full (at least 16 players, if not more). People kept typing !random into chat. I think there was some confusion as some people were still in the readyroom (They were likely afk or admins), which is why people kept voting random. This was just after the map loaded.
  • maD_maX_maD_maX_ Join Date: 2013-04-07 Member: 184678Members
    Any chance of a captain mode being added?

Would be very cool if once enabled (by vote or admin) to have 2 captains who pick teams.

Would allow gather like matches to be done on any server, would remove "stacks FOr the lose", would encourage community..,

Also want a slap ability, sometimes kicking is to drastic and a person just needs to know that they are on thin ice.
    edited October 2013
    maD_maX_ wrote: »
    Any chance of a captain mode being added?

Would be very cool if once enabled (by vote or admin) to have 2 captains who pick teams.

Would allow gather like matches to be done on any server, would remove "stacks FOr the lose", would encourage community..,

Also want a slap ability, sometimes kicking is to drastic and a person just needs to know that they are on thin ice.

There is a PUG-Mode in work. Don't think a slap ability will be added to Shine (ofc you could write a plugin for that) because it could be abused by admins.
  • CarNagE1CarNagE1 Poland Join Date: 2003-05-14 Member: 16298Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Playtester
    CarNagE1 wrote: »

It's another mod using the Shine Core, so it doesn't have anything to do directly with the Shine dev.

The only thing i know so far is that it has reached the alpha state. I think there will be more informations in the future.

Btw there are quiet a few mods out there based on the shine core, using the [Shine] tag just should make sure users are aware of this.
  • ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation
    edited December 2013
    reserved slots broken by update. they work but it will show 24/24 instead of 24/22
    ZEROibis wrote: »
    reserved slots broken by update. they work but it will show 24/24 instead of 24/22

Works fine for me.