2 new, seperate alien classes

LingosLingos Join Date: 2012-12-31 Member: 176896Members
edited October 2013 in Ideas and Suggestions
This idea incorporates two separate, optional classes and changes the skulk and gorge.

-I feel that with these two classes is, that it has to be researched (or just make a medium-cost building, 30-40 res?) and all the abilities are available out the gate, both should cost 20-25 res each.
- remove xenocide from skulk and blabbers from gorge
-These 2 classes kinda specializes in making extra minions, and both can crawl on walls, both slightly faster than a gorge.

First class is a ranged dps, this dps can summon 3 different kind of repeatable minions, up to 9 of them each. Can summon 3 per 1.5 res

-Main attack, 2 back to back spikes that does 25 dmg each.

One for defense(blabber)
- Die in 3 hits, but besides that, same as is.

One for melee offense/confustion
- Can wall crawl, attacked twice as fast as blabbers, and do 15 dmg each, dies in 2 hits.

ranged offense
- Call wall crawl, shoots poison darts that go through armor at the rate of -1hp per stack for 3-4 seconds, dies in 1 hit. Easily dealt with grenades, FTs

potato-bugs.jpg
Second is a melee dps/tank that can summon....Mini banelings!
- The premise of this class is that it is like a rolly polly bug, it can shield up and charge into battle while taking reduced damage(nearly invulnerable), costs energy to charge. Since it can charge into the thick of battle, it can go in the middle of a hot zone, release it's baneling-like creatures while being close to them, The creatures will be stuck to it's belly, if the player dies, then the banelings will attack, I feel it should also get a speed boost after unleashing them.

-Main attack
regular bite attack, 75 dmg

- It can spawn up to 4 baneling-like creatures, 2 per time, 2 res per, dies in 2 hits, one hit if shotgun.
- Creatures can latch on a enemy player and do 125 dmg.

Comments

• shriikeshriike Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184461Members
    This game is slowly turning into Dota.
  • Scorpion9908Scorpion9908 Australia Join Date: 2013-07-29 Member: 186445Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2013
  • dragonmithdragonmith Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182817Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    In-game micro transactions, good matchmaking system and muti-million dollar competitions :P

That, or adding new "hero's" over time.
  • NazoNazo Such Is Life in The Zone Join Date: 2010-12-16 Member: 75720Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    I was expecting the

Scorpian that hovars without flapping, but no

I am disapoint
  • SpaSpa Join Date: 2013-05-20 Member: 185301Members
    Xenocide is the best. Why are we changing skulk play?

Babblers really just help add armor when your gorge is a battle gorge so it can fight longer or escape.

Are you proposing no healing class?
  • LingosLingos Join Date: 2012-12-31 Member: 176896Members
    ^ xenocide would be redundant + its more of a late game thing, atleast in the games I play. With this, More aoe dmg would be available to aliens mid-game, or early if you want to invest in it early game.

When did i ever say no healing.....
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    edited October 2013
    Even though xenocide is late game I think it's very stupid how much damage it actually outputs for an ability that requires no aim and has zero warning of it incoming, same applies to my opinion on 'stacked' mines being able to one hit non skulk life forms
  • NazoNazo Such Is Life in The Zone Join Date: 2010-12-16 Member: 75720Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    ezekel wrote: »
    Even though xenocide is late game I think it's very stupid how much damage it actually outputs for an ability that requires no aim and has zero warning of it incoming, same applies to my opinion on 'stacked' mines being able to one hit non skulk life forms

As far as Xenocide warnings, im pretty sure I remember in NS1 you could hear the blood curdling scream of a Xenocide'ing skulk a LONG way off, so you would know its coming

I think this would be a pretty easy feature to implement back into NS2 to help marines target a skulk/run away
  • reeqlreeql Join Date: 2013-05-05 Member: 185125Members
    edited October 2013
    I would like to see in game something like tier 2 skulk for resources (maybe 30). Some bigger version with similar abilities. In general high dmg ambush style unit for those who like playing skulk in mid-to-late game.

base hp and armor: slighty higher than lerk

base hp: 150 (biomass scalable to 200),
    armor: 60 / 80 (carpa),
    mobility and speed: similar to skulk,

Abilities:
    wall walker (like skulk),
    main attack: piercing bite (default bite, stronger vs armored units or buildings) - default ability,
    2nd attack: lethal spike (instant shoot, high stamina cost, medium dmg, leaves green wanishing trail on use, parasite and poison effect) - default ability,
    3rd attack: primal fury (self buff, increases stamina regen and rate of bites, medium stamina cost, short duration) - 3rd hive ability,
    alt attack (mouse 2 key): improved leap (slighty longer jump distance) - default ability (no need to research),
    shift key: vanish (cloack in combat - almost invisible (skulk leaves slight transparent trail on use), stamina consumption on use (like onos charge), medium initial stamina cost, increases speed, attack action or scan breaks the effect) - 2nd hive ability
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    edited October 2013
    First of all, I'm not sure at this point UWE would have the budget to create an entirely new character model, let alone testing it AND balancing it. (Let alone TWO new characters.)

This would be best saved for NS3 ;)
  • ChikunChikun Join Date: 2013-01-10 Member: 178729Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    BeigeAlert wrote: »
    First of all, I'm not sure at this point UWE would have the budget to create an entirely new character model, let alone testing it AND balancing it. (Let alone TWO new characters.)

Well they said they weren't going to add much of anything for a long time as far as features are concerned and that they were going to focus almost exclusively on bug fixes and balance. I believe there was mention of a new map (pure speculation).

NS3? Too soon. Like five years too soon. Atleast. I like this game and developers too much to see them go the way of "make a sequal every 1-2 years".

It would be interesting to see them add an exclusively ranged class made for combat but let's bump that idea until many more months pass.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Join Date: 2013-05-09 Member: 185176
    reeql wrote: »
    I would like to see in game something like tier 2 skulk for resources (maybe 30). Some bigger version with similar abilities. In general high dmg ambush style unit for those who like playing skulk in mid-to-late game.
    [...]

How about the system from the campaing from Starcraft 2 heart of the swarm? The one where you could decide to evolve (for example) your Zergling in to a Swarmling or a Raptor.
    So if the team or just the commander does certain things the commander gets the ability to decide between two evolutions of a liveform.
  • reeqlreeql Join Date: 2013-05-05 Member: 185125Members
    Discowitz wrote: »
    How about the system from the campaing from Starcraft 2 heart of the swarm? The one where you could decide to evolve (for example) your Zergling in to a Swarmling or a Raptor.
    So if the team or just the commander does certain things the commander gets the ability to decide between two evolutions of a liveform.

I like that idea, but it generates a lot of work, new content and huge tweaks in balance system. Almost for sure it will never happen. Anyway i would love to lee some new paths of evolution to tweak your lifeform to fit your playstyle. Maybe add some class dedicated upgrades for resources? combat skulk (for egzample faster, stronger, bigger), assasin skulk (vanish ability, weak, focus attack), poison skulk (cheaper and stronger parasite, poison bite, big gas cloud after death, low res cost). There is so many options for any class. How about gorge ? assault gorge (stronger attack abilities, no ability to heal, limited constrution) ... Ive got a lot of ideas. As rine you might buy some armor modules to tweak your combat abilities: faster reload, more ammo, light gear ...

reeql wrote: »
    Discowitz wrote: »

I like that idea, but it generates a lot of work, new content and huge tweaks in balance system. Almost for sure it will never happen. Anyway i would love to lee some new paths of evolution to tweak your lifeform to fit your playstyle. Maybe add some class dedicated upgrades for resources? combat skulk (for egzample faster, stronger, bigger), assasin skulk (vanish ability, weak, focus attack), poison skulk (cheaper and stronger parasite, poison bite, big gas cloud after death, low res cost). There is so many options for any class. How about gorge ? assault gorge (stronger attack abilities, no ability to heal, limited constrution) ... Ive got a lot of ideas. As rine you might buy some armor modules to tweak your combat abilities: faster reload, more ammo, light gear ...
    That is what I had in mind^^
    I would especially like two Onos versions, one that is truly powerfull and one that focuses more on being the "king" on the battlefield and helping other liveforms with passive bonuses.
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    BeigeAlert wrote: »

PLUS all these ideas are absolutely terrible
  • LamboLambo Iceland Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154915Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Why do you constantly want more -classes- ?
    This is NS2, not Dota/Starcraft.
    tenderloin wrote: »
    Why do you constantly want more -classes- ?
    This is NS2, not Dota/Starcraft.

Oh yeah, silly us, wanting something new, pff NS2 dosent need that, it´s totally fine with a playerbase smaller than the population of some villages