[SOLVED] bought ns2 game with humble indie bundle

t1ckt1ck Join Date: 2013-09-13 Member: 188198Members
edited September 2013 in New Player Forum
hi,

a few years ago i bought ns2 and overgrowth in an indie bundle.
i recieved a so called "NS2 Special Edition Key".
now there finally seems to be some kind of linux version of ns2 and im ready to try it.
it looks like this game can only be installed via steam so i installed stream and created an account.

now the question: how can i download/install/activate ns2 using my special edition key?

regards
t1ck

Comments

• CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    Ehmmm you can redeem the game with the key i suppose, ('activate a game on steam') then download and install.
    Or does 'linux steam' work totally different?

And i am sure you gonna love it. If not now then after next patch for sure (fixing some performance issues)
  • t1ckt1ck Join Date: 2013-09-13 Member: 188198Members
    thanks for the fast reply,

i tried to use the key in the way you described, but its not recognized
  • SeeVeeSeeVee Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165206Members
    check this page: http://support.humblebundle.com/

I see a contact email in the upper right and there is also a lost key link at the very bottom.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Did you buy the game before 26/07/2010? If this isn't the case you don't have a Special Edition, since that was the cut-off date to be able to buy it. If you did, disregard this part :)

Special Edition came with two keys. "NS2 Steam key" and the "NS2 Black Armor Steam key". You can retrieve them on your Humble Bundle account page. First you should activate the "NS2 Steam key" and once NS2 is installed you can activate the "NS2 Black Armor Steam key".
  • t1ckt1ck Join Date: 2013-09-13 Member: 188198Members
    it works now!

here is a short overview if anyone else runs into the same problem.

- i bought the indie bundle (the one with owergroth and ns2 alpha key in it) at 01.08.2010 (the first of august for you americans ;))
    - they mailed me a "NS2 Special Edition Key". but the key doesn't work with steam!
    - using the automatic key resender here http://support.humblebundle.com/customer/portal/articles/243191-humble-bundle-key-resender (thx seevee) i generated myself an email
    - they email contains links to generate "Natural Selection 2" and "Natural Selection 2 Black Armor" keys
    - in steam i clicked "games > activate product on steam", followed the wizard (same for the black armor key)

i also ran into a few problems with steam but they dont belong in this post :)

thx for the help guys!
  • SeeVeeSeeVee Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165206Members
    edited September 2013
    Game on!

Glad it is all working for you :)