Client Side Scriptting Project (To refresh players from the Monotamy of NS Gameplay)

iClearSkiesiClearSkies Join Date: 2012-09-22 Member: 160359Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
edited September 2013 in Modding
Hello all,

My name is iClearSkies (aka Space Wolf/A.Soldier from NS1) and Ive recently come across some free time here in the military and im proposing a community project for all of us Modders. I understand that I personally haven't contributed to the Workshop but i intend to greatly Increase that factor expediently. Here are a few ideas and thoughts of mods and concepts that will effect CLIENT side information and use full capability and customization of the LUA code with a few SERVER Modifications. It is currently late for me and I will be expanding on these ideas at a later time in an edit but feel free to comment or contribute.

Proposed Projects:
LUA:
Enhanced Visor Mod (Marine)
Enhanced Sensory Mod (Alien)
AI Enhancement Mod (Wichbot Style for Aliens / Less aim bots for Marines (FOV Style))

Mods:
Motion Tracking
Cyst Improvement Mod
Power Grid Expansion Mod (Power Grid and Light Separation Mod)
Lurk Lift / Jetpack Lift

Game-Modes:
No Ideas as of Current

Comments

• SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Motion Tracking - pew pew's motion tracking circle may do this already?

Light Separation Mod, as in? Like lighting detail, low, med, high, showing different amounts of lights depending on setting?
  • JimWestJimWest Join Date: 2010-01-03 Member: 69865Members, Reinforced - Silver
    edited September 2013
    Lerk lift needs to be server sided, not client. Same as cyst and powergrid and also AI stuff.
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited September 2013
    Even if you make good mods, people seem to not want to run them on their servers. Like everyone wants com bindings, and bindable VO but only 1 server runs my bindings mod AFAIK. Only thing they run are their admin mods. Very rarely something else. Same with maps, seems like people just want to stick to official. It's kinda lame that so much needs to be server sided, but oh well. That's why I mainly stick to menu stuff. Menu poses mod and main menu replacements don't need to pass consistency :D
  • turtsmcgurtturtsmcgurt Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165456Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    Even if you make good mods, people seem to not want to run them on their servers. Like everyone wants com bindings, and bindable VO but only 1 server runs my bindings mod AFAIK. Only thing they run are their admin mods. Very rarely something else. Same with maps, seems like people just want to stick to official. It's kinda lame that so much needs to be server sided, but oh well. That's why I mainly stick to menu stuff. Menu poses mod and main menu replacements don't need to pass consistency :D

oh but don't worry, we went to great lengths to make sure this game is highly moddable!
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited September 2013
    I am a modder and server admin myself and my motto is that every mod which is not larger than 1 MB and doesn't override vannila gamefiles and adds any real value to the gameplay will be added to my server. For Maps its a bit harder as ppl leave the server if the map is not at least 80% textured.

I think we should found some kind of modder group to get more server admins to this motto. So they know that they can trust these mods as a hole group of modder approve them and keep them alive.

• iClearSkiesiClearSkies Join Date: 2012-09-22 Member: 160359Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2013
    Proposed Projects:
    LUA:
    Enhanced Visor Mod (Marine):
    Timeline speaking NS2 falls in a few years past the NS1 timeline so obvious improvements have been made to the TSA Visor, Things im planning and looking forward to play around with are
    -Explosive Outline (outline grenades and GL Ents)
    -Team players are Outlined through walls like parasite in a 50m radius (Constant On)
    -Attacked Structures (Attacked Flag only) / Players are outlined in red and shown through walls like Parasite
    -Low Ammunition/ No Ammunition non obstructive Warning in center of screen that fits TSA UI theme (Center based text with Red/Alpha Caution Bars that state "LOW MAGAZINE or LOW AMMO (if on last clip Primary Weapon Only), Flamethrowers will display "LOW CANISTER" or "LOW FUEL" when approaching appropriate levels.
    - Cracked / Flickering Visor UI when low on HP (15 HP 0 Armor) for Atmospheric Effect

Enhanced Sensory Mod (Alien)
    -Team players are Outlined through walls like parasite in a 50m radius (Constant On)
    -Attacked Structures (Attacked Flag only) / Players are outlined in red and shown through walls like Parasite
    -Creep Sight Enemies who are on creep show was a Threat Detected Symbol
    -Low healthed aliens will have a "Passing out" effect that darkens their screen borders towards the center based on 20% HP and lower

AI Enhancement Mod (Wichbot Style for Aliens / Less aim bots for Marines (FOV Style))
    -Wichbot (which my Handle is derived from) was the BEST alien bot for NS1aka HELL BOTS. Whichbot could easily DESTROY high skill players and had 4 modes easy, Medium, Hard, Insane. and all bots would use power and abilities and jump on walls etc.

-TSA AI will follow a Metal Gear FOV style detection system and will increace or decreace based on their actions, IE if their building something there detection will be at a 10 Degrees if there standing by there detection will be at 180 Degrees and will turn when sounds are heard Focus fire marines will have a 25 degree FOV but will switch on enemy priority if attacking structures.
    -TSA will have better reactions to commands from commander their "Free Will" will be reduced

Mods:

Motion Tracking:
    - return of the actual upgrade for Motion Tracking
    -New phantom upgrade counters Motion Tracking
    -Motion Tracking only occurs when units are actually MOVING (looking is excluded)
    -Fade blinks and shifts are Immune to tracking
    -Might look into the detection of Vortex locations to setup ambush points for fleeing fades.
    -Requires Obs, Advanced Armory and Level 2 Armor to research at 35 RES
    -Motion Tracking will disable on destruction of all Armory's

Cyst Improvement Mod:
    -Improve the Usage of Cysts
    -Increased Area of coverage to scale with new auto placement system (no more patches of creep)
    -Unlimited vertical growth, so one cyst can cover walls and roofs efficiently not like the loading pictures were you need 4-5 cysts in a room or hallway to make it look alien
    -Rupture Cyst will add a Parasite ability effecting those damaged
    -Cyst Structures, Models from the Gorge Tunnels will randomly spawn and grow offering lower lifeforms (sulk and Gorge) better concealment in early game play. (will only spawn on mature Cysts)
    -improve placement maps
    -Increase maturation speed of Cysts (from 90 seconds to 60 seconds)

Power Grid Expansion Mod (Power Grid and Light Separation Mod)
    -revamp of the power node game system
    -Power nodes will power whole areas as normal at 100% health as the health decreases so will the area of coverage starting at 50% Health
    -After Node armor is destroyed Lights will begin to flicker more noticeably
    -at 50% health lights will dim to near darkness (flicker continues)
    -at 10% health Lights will fail (no emergency lights)
    -On death of Power node Pulse grenade effect is applied to Aliens around power node for an extended period to balance out new changes
    - Power nodes can be rebuilt as soon as emergency light power on
    - Blueprint power nodes can be bitten to make dissapear (no more Indestructible Nodes and 99% building)

Lurk Lift / Jetpack Lift
    -Return of Lurk Lift and Jetpack Lift
    -Lurks can lift lower lifeforms (sulk and Gorge) at the expense of an increased Adren usage per flap.
    -Jetpacks can Lift All marines except those with a Flamethrower and those who carry ALL types of equipment (IE Player has Advanced Weapon Weapon, Grenades, Welder, Mines) and suffer a increase in fuel consumption while carrying.
    -Lifting players will have a Notification of a lift by means of a GUI based Icon of what there lifting in a location near their UI, Also will receive too heavy notifications if invalid lifts are present.
    -If lifting players suffer 75% damage they have a random chance to drop what they are holding and cannot pick up their dropped cargo for three seconds.

These are the more expanded notions of my thoughts and im looking into many of them at the moment.