Over 150 000 dollars !

13»

Comments

• piratedavepiratedave Join Date: 2012-03-10 Member: 148561Members
    ScardyBob wrote: »
    I foresee many disappointed fans in the future...

Is that based off of your experience with NS2 ?

• darkhunt333darkhunt333 Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165414Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    Regarding star citizen, they asked for 500 000 dollars on kickstarter and recieved over 2 000 000 dollars and now they recieved another 20 000 000 dollars through their homepage. All because people donate to them. Why is everyone so hype about that game?
    Why? Well because...

We know what game is being made. We are watching it step by step being made. We talk to the dev team. We are participating hand in hand with the whole game making process. It's ambitious, and if it works... I thought I already explained this in my 3rd paragraph. http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/comment/2155540/#Comment_2155540

ScardyBob wrote: »
    I foresee many disappointed fans in the future...
    You either:

Agree millions will play it and 20k disappointed console peasants try to play it on a 17 year old Dell, which is a lot for NS2, I guess.

You like paying full price for twisted half finished games and waiting months to pay for all DLC to get the complete version.

Butthurt because you relate to answer one.

You work for EA.

• VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Star Citizen is gonna be awesome (At least I hope/think so).
    But some people (fanboys) seriously have the wrong attitude towards it o.O
    If you look into the forums, and ask everybody who spent over 250/500$ to raise a hand, you're gonna have 1000 comments in no time.
    (And they all hail Chris Roberts.)
  • VitdomVitdom Join Date: 2012-04-30 Member: 151345Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    Buying all tier donations gets you all the icons in-game at the same time =P~
  • darkhunt333darkhunt333 Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165414Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    Star Citizen is gonna be awesome (At least I hope/think so).
    But some people (fanboys) seriously have the wrong attitude towards it o.O
    If you look into the forums, and ask everybody who spent over 250/500$ to raise a hand, you're gonna have 1000 comments in no time.
    (And they all hail Chris Roberts.)

Yeah, feels like a cult some times. Our true savior is our lord Gabe Newell, praise be his name! Roberts is one of his sons. ( ̄▽ ̄) /crazy

I've put about a months rent into the game, but I had made really good stock choices that paid for it. I really want this game to live up to expectations, the hanger alone shows it probably will.
  • mushookeesmushookees Join Date: 2008-03-26 Member: 63967Members
    Cryengine 3(soon 4) + wing commander + freelancer + guns of Icarus in space + a focus on immersion + Chris Roberts + 20mil just from crowd funding so far = Awesome

Heres what NS2 can learn from Star Citizen ... being able to visualize your investment is a huge +, SC is doing this via the Hangar module, NS2 is doing it via icons and should do it via the homescreen and/or in the readyroom as well. The unique marine and alien skins as well as the shoulder badge, we need to be able to see that ourselves rather than ask others if they can see it on our character.

Another thing NS2 can do is take some ideas from CS:GO, the StatTrak weapons in CS:GO are hugely popular (and are probably the number 1 reason why people spend money on that game), they basically just have a kill counter for that particular weapon on the side of the weapon, this would probably be easy enough to implement for UWE and they can then create new donation tiers and have a stat tracking weapons/EXO with unique skins.

The Readyroom is unique to NS and should be utilized more. You can create silly hats or whatever you want and have the readyroom be the place to display it, im sure people will justify spending money for that. If the engine can support mirrors, you can add some mirrors in the readyrooms so that players can check themselves out.

At this rate UWE will fall well short of 550K, they need to be smarter about how they conduct business because NS2 depends on it.