Poll (Refit); Would you buy a new badge ?

UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
Hi,

Let's forget the first Poll as it was a little badly shaped. I subscribed to the service 1 hour before making the Poll. It was a little "awkward". And i'm sorry for that.

That said, the primary results were quite interesting and i think it deserve a little more attention. So here is the new version. I took care of thinking about the remarks from the previous thread.

Don't forget to tell your buddies. It ends Next Friday.

Over here:
http://www.quicksurveys.com/s/Dc24Z

Comments

• VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    This one's a bit short :D
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited September 2013
    Only if it had this as a reward,
    f-rine.jpg
  • DaxxDaxx Join Date: 2002-04-16 Member: 460Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »
    Only if it had this as a reward,
    f-rine.jpg

I'd take such a design on the gorge in a heartbeat.

• MestaritonttuMestaritonttu Join Date: 2004-07-29 Member: 30229Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Alien harvester plushies... what... What was the question again? Lol. :P
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Obviously, its so I can reenact my most favorite NS2 victories in my living room.
  • DaphistoDaphisto Hive Janitor Join Date: 2002-11-16 Member: 8917Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I am looking to throw money at UWE for more new model replacements.
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    edited September 2013
    I prefered Supernorn's version of the picnic marine and was quite dismayed that it was never included.
    ZrB2Zuh.jpg
    [The assault marine was apparently dubbed the "picnic marine" internally because of his many pouches - presumably, all filled with sandwiches.]
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    I'd like a way to upgrade from Diamond to Shadow. I'd do it in a heartbeat.
  • TovaTova Join Date: 2012-12-26 Member: 176254Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    The amount given in support of NS2 should indicate some kind of progress. Not everyone can drop $75 at a single time, maybe someone wants to donate $5 one week, and then 3 weeks later when they're doing well they want to donate $70. There's a lot of psychology that goes into something like a cumulative donation tracker as opposed to "your choices are tiers 1,2, or 3."

Plushies should be sold in store, or make them incentives for reasonably priced tiers/purchasable as an upgrade to an existing tier.
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    edited September 2013
    I just wish you weren't left out of goodies at certain tiers, I would have donated by now but am waiting until there's a friendly-er tier; I was originally just going to donate $30 which I can do, but essentially you get punished because you miss out on goodies; so I'd have to wait for that.. might sound silly but I'm sure someone else is in similar situations (hard to spend $75 on -nothing real- when money is so important at this time in your life)

Or i'll just wait for the plushie, which for sure I want to buy
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
    UP (again)
    for visibility
    UP (again, again)
    for visibility
  • GameOverGameOver Germany Join Date: 2003-10-15 Member: 21700Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Fast, nice, done :P
  • CrushaKCrushaK Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167195Members, NS2 Playtester

The harvester's design makes more for a comfortable chair.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Or a blow up "clown punching bag"....?
    Also, where's my lerk kite?
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited October 2013
    WasabiOne has 9 badges and is currently getting more. I think he has everyone easily beat. O_O

BVhN5JMCYAAFtVY.jpg
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    joshhh wrote: »
    WasabiOne has 9 badges and is currently getting more. I think he has everyone easily beat. O_O

BVhN5JMCYAAFtVY.jpg

Damn it! :D
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Not even hating on it, i love to encourage people to spend $ on NS2... but it just seems so impractical and odd considering the nature of the "Tiers"... that i feel only the most expensive Reinforced tier you purchased should be shown...

Otherwise you're going to quickly end up with dozens of silly icons basically pushing your actual name out of the way and becoming hidden, as soon as more icons are added (wasn't something announced about earning badges lately too?)
    Juss sayin..
    /shields on
    Don't you be taking my badges away, equus ferrous!
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    tbh, I would like an option to turn off my supporter badges.
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Looks stupid. Wasabi nearly has more badges than the total amount of characters this game even supports for a name.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    They should introduce an additional "completionist" badge which is shown for people who own all the other badges :D
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I don't like how the badges look when stacked like that. I would prefer if they just showed the highest tier of supporter badge owned by the player.
  • KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold
    To original question - unless I see NS2 in a finished, reasonably polished state, I would not buy a new badge, no.