Weekend Schedule 28/29 Sep - Natural Selection 2

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond
edited September 2013 in NS2 General Discussion

imageWeekend Schedule 28/29 Sep - Natural Selection 2

This weekend on Twitch is packed with NSL (ensl.org) and AUSNS2 League (ausns2.org) matches. Watching competitive play is a great way to learn how to up your game – And talking smack in the chat with fellow NS2 players is always a blast. Because these matches take place all over the world, there is always at least a handful on in every timezone across the planet. Here is a summary: There are many more NSL matches happening, but because of the flexible nature of the NSL timetable they are not net tightly scheduled. Follow NS2, ReddogTV, WasabiOne, AusNS2, NSLNews, BlindNS and NS2HD on twitter for news of other matches starting. Enjoy …

Read the full story here

Comments

• FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    edited September 2013
    Singularity vs Seraphic Nexus is Saturday at 11:00pm/23:00 EDT. not Friday evening.

This makes it in the morning 11:00am/11:00 SeraphicNexusStandardDaylightTime in Australia

@Hugh I'm on Singularity :p
  • HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    mattji104 wrote: »
    Singularity vs Seraphic Nexus...

My reading of the NSL schedule does appear to be incorrect, the match is indeed on Sunday. I will append a note. However, 2300EDT(-1) does not equal 1100AEST - The times are correct, just the day is wrong.

• Scorpion9908Scorpion9908 Australia Join Date: 2013-07-29 Member: 186445Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
  • aaSpideraaSpider Join Date: 2010-07-27 Member: 73079Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Thanks for the post Hugh. It is great to see some extra exposure for the competitive scene, especially us guys down in Aus. :)
    I noticed some higher numbers than normal on the twitch channels which was awesome to see.
    Hope everyone enjoyed watching games over the weekend.
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    yep saw up to 5,000 viewers on red dogs channel
  • SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer
    Yeap, it was a really successful weekend across the board. Reddog pulling 5000 which is insane and us pulling more than double of what our normal viewer count is. Much appreciated. :)
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited October 2013
    It'd be awesome if you could find the time to make this a regular thing. I think it helps bind the community and lets everyone know what's going on around the world. Which is a particularly important thing for the AusNS2 community. While there is a decent amount of interaction between the NA & EU scenes, we're largely playing & competing on our lonesome. I think it says a lot that, in casan0vax's weekly predictions, the aussie clans (and our metagame) are frequently referred to enigmatic and mysterious.

In regard to the work involved. It might be an idea to try and get the various league admins involved in gathering the match schedules and converting those match times for the main time-zones.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited September 2013
    Hugh wrote: »
    Did you guys find this type of update useful? They take quite a while to make (converting and error-checking across lots of time-zones and hunting down match schedules) but if enough people like it, we could make it a regular Friday post.

Hmm would be nice to have a weekly update from you, but if it costs too much time .....
  • SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer
    Hugh wrote: »
    Did you guys find this type of update useful? They take quite a while to make (converting and error-checking across lots of time-zones and hunting down match schedules) but if enough people like it, we could make it a regular Friday post.

I'm sure you'd have more than a few people willing to help out with what matches are happening where and such. I know I would. :) I agree with Mouse 100%

• It's Super Effective!It's Super Effective! Join Date: 2012-08-28 Member: 156625Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    G'day Hugh,

Slightly unrelated, another regular twitch stream you guys can do is do a Q & A with the team when you guys have some stuff to share, even if it isn't finalized, it builds a stronger community and allows the player base to feel like they have a stronger connection to UWE's efforts :)

Perhaps when there is time, get yourself and a few of the dev team together for a casual 30mins-1 hour Q&A session so that viewers can ask the the team questions, you can share the direction on next patches, maybe give away's to draw in more viewers and players.

I find it is working very well for the Dev team of Warframe that I frequent, and they get so many twitch followers and a lot of popularity.

Here is an example: http://www.twitch.tv/warframe/c/2955135

They seem to have one scheduled before an update to tease and cover changes and after an update to review how things went and lay down plans for further change.
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Red dog did a Q and A session with the Beard a ways back, I think it was before luajit. That was cool.
  • BellicoseBellicose Join Date: 2013-04-11 Member: 184748Members
    He mentioned at his Sunday stream that he already locked in a dev for his next interview too. Didn't let us know who tho....