[Solved] (Linux) "Your game files do not match the server's" error

ApteryxApteryx Join Date: 2008-11-16 Member: 65475Members
edited September 2013 in Technical Support
Since the last 2 days I haven't been able to join any server. I always get the "Your game files do not match the server's. Try verifying your game cache in Steam, or maybe an update just came out." message. This happens using build 255.

Things I have tried:
* I removed the local configuration in "$HOME/.local/share/Steam/userdata/15669130/4920" (I deleted the entire folder).
* I disabled Valve cloud sync
* I removed "$HOME/.config/Natural Selection"
* I deleted the game cache through Steam (Properties, Local Files, Delete Local Game Content...)
* Made sure that the Betas option (Properties, Betas) was set to "NONE - Opt out of all beta programs"
* Selected another Steam download mirror from Steam settings (Steam, Settings, Downloads, Dowload region)
* Reboot my computer
* Redownload the game and try running it again.

The problem persists and I have run out of ideas. So a little help would be great!

Comments

• ApteryxApteryx Join Date: 2008-11-16 Member: 65475Members
    Just retried all my procedure to make sure... and no suprise, still the same problem. I have included archives of my "~/.config/Natural Selection 2" folder taken straight after all the above steps and with the "First time optimization" having been run, followed by another archive containing the log.txt produced when I tried to load the tutorial (and got stuck on a black screen).

My system is configured to use LANG=en_US.
  • Sturmf4lkeSturmf4lke Join Date: 2005-03-02 Member: 42963Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    having the same problem here...
  • fleetcommandfleetcommand Hungary Join Date: 2010-05-20 Member: 71809Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Gold, Subnautica Playtester
    edited September 2013
    This is an issue which is being worked on. It is a Locale problem but not with the LANG variable but the LC_ALL variable. So you can overcome the issue by setting LC_ALL to en_US.UTF8 until it's fixed.

edit: in theory it should be enough setting LC_NUMERIC to en_US.UTF8 but since I set the variable in console it doesn't really matter. LC_ALL secures things more :)
  • ApteryxApteryx Join Date: 2008-11-16 Member: 65475Members
    Thank you fleetcommand, the workaround works well. So for other people having this issue here's what to do: right click on the game in Steam, go to Properties. Then click on "SET LAUNCH OPTIONS..." and copy paste this:
    LC_ALL=en_US.UTF8 %command%

Good to know it's being worked on! Happy hacking!
  • AnAkInAnAkIn Join Date: 2006-09-18 Member: 58020Members
    Not fixed after latest update, but the workaround do work.