Where is the config file located on linux?

MilanFINMilanFIN Join Date: 2013-09-18 Member: 188323Members
Hi

I need to know where the config file is located, need to change sensitivity... if someone knows how to open the console it does the job as well.

Comments

• JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    ~ opens console. Next to 1.

Command is setsensitivity

Can't recall exactly where NS2 stored its config files, a hidden folder in usr/home/something .. really can't recall. If you open console while downloading mods or search for a hidden folder called Natural Selection 2 you should be able to find it.
  • MilanFINMilanFIN Join Date: 2013-09-18 Member: 188323Members
    I can find a folder named "Natural Selection 2" on /home/user/.config, but no config files there.
    And the key next to 1 wont work, didn't work on quake and doesn't work in this.
  • ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    @MilanFIN, the options file you are looking for is in the steam dir:
    Steam\userdata\<your id>\4920\remote\options.xml

On linux that is ~/.local/share/Steam

• ZaggyZaggy NullPointerException The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-12-10 Member: 24214Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, Subnautica Playtester
    /home/<username>/.local/share/Steam/userdata/<id>/4920/remote/options.xml, as for opening the console, what are your keyboard layout settings?
  • MilanFINMilanFIN Join Date: 2013-09-18 Member: 188323Members
    I got the console open by changing the button on the options menu, I set it for F9 and now everything rolls out well, except the game forgetting the sens after restart, but it is fast to reset back.

thx for answers, found the config now :D, time to start hitting something...