Console command to bind chuckle to a key?

BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
Is there a consol command that I can use to bing chuckle to a key?

I've looked through all the keyboard options and can only find taunt (which isn't the same)

I'd prefer not to use a mod to accomplish this as I really want to be able to do it on all servers!

P.S. I've heard that if you hide in the Secret Rooms and pray, it will work, but so far it has not.

Comments

• VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    I don't think there is a way to do this, although many people want it.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited September 2013
    I present you this: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=160590541 . But sadly not many servers are running it.

Edit: Maybe we can get more server admins to run this atm my server (Survival of the Fattest) seems the only one using it, i really love "all clear" :)
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    I present you this: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=160590541 . But sadly not many servers are running it.

... i really want commander separate binds badly, just like that...... so annoying to have my voice key be a button when im comming
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    /bind <key> anything pls.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »
    /bind <key> anything pls.

Not possible because there is no console command for those.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Yes, that's why I want them.
  • RabidWeaselRabidWeasel Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5337Members
    Somehow many modern games are worse than HL1 when it comes to console commands. Not exactly sure why it's so hard to make an exact copy of something that is objectively near-perfect.
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited September 2013
    See the problem is, most input commands are under the "/input" "category" of the options, but when you use the "bind" command it does not save the option under "/input" it just saves it without a "category" So like
    <options>
        <input>
            <Exit>Escape</Exit>
            <PrimaryAttack>MouseButton0</PrimaryAttack>
            <mouse>
                <rawinput>true</rawinput>
                <sensitivity>1.850000</sensitivity>
            </mouse>
            <TextChat>Y</TextChat>
        </input>
    <J1>F5</J1>
    </options>

J1 is a bind using the bind command.
    It puts it into categories, so say you did
    bind NextWeapon M
    It would still use MouseZ to scroll weapons as well as M. Which is why you must go into the options file and manually edit it.
  • Zomb3hZomb3h Join Date: 2011-01-27 Member: 79241Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Fade Stab and the new cyst-chaining system definitely closed the gap of missing features this game needed. Bindable chuckle/customizable commander keys would probably be the next biggest thing missing that would really seal the deal in terms of whats missing.