2 min auto AFK kicker

BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
A very common problem I've been seeing lately is that Pubs will vote to turn on random teams, then 3 or 4 afks get put into a live game.

My question is, does the 2 min auto AFK kicker still work? or do these servers (that usually run DAK or Shine admin mods) disable it?

The votekick function works.....sometimes.....there are a lot of people who wont kick, even an AFK, and even then, it takes a while and is a pain in the middle of a live game to boot 3-4 AFK players.

The 2 min auto AFKicker would help a lot.

Comments

• KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold
    edited September 2013
    It works, at least on some servers.

With all the power of will and endurance, I postponed my "nature's call" to the end of the round, when maps rotated, and when I hurriedly returned... kicked.

So yeah, I think it still works.
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    welp, looks like most of the servers I play on have it disabled!

would be a lot better if they just increased the time limit to like 5 min (afaik this value was designed to be changed)

Thanks for the answer!
  • MaxunitMaxunit Join Date: 2005-02-01 Member: 39414Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Generally there is an AFK Kick implemented into the server software by default. Otherwise, it would be advised to run DAK or Shine Administration on the server and configure the AFK Kicker plugin.
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I'd love if autokick wouldn't kick anyone if match is not started. Or at least make it to 5 min afk if match not started. Nature calls sometimes, you know.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    xen32 wrote: »
    I'd love if autokick wouldn't kick anyone if match is not started. Or at least make it to 5 min afk if match not started. Nature calls sometimes, you know.
    Shine afkkick moves you first into rr then kicks you by default after 5 min ;)
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Shine afkkick moves you first into rr then kicks you by default after 5 min ;)

The server I was playing on (I think it was one of the KKG servers?) had shine, and left 2 afk players on aliens, and 1 on marines for 8 mins without taking any action at all.

Must have been disabled by Server Operator?
  • B3rTB3rT Join Date: 2013-02-14 Member: 183058Members, Reinforced - Shadow

... or while spectating due to auto team balance.

• sotanahtsotanaht Join Date: 2013-01-12 Member: 179215Members
    edited September 2013
    I have very nearly been AFK kicked while stuck on team balance. The messages were telling me that I was down to the last 10 seconds when I finally respawned. Might want to watch out for that.
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    B3rT wrote: »

... or while spectating due to auto team balance.

Ouch.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited September 2013
    @Benson Shine is totally modular, that means by default no function is active. You can even have shine on your server doing nothing else then supporting the chatbox (sh_chatbox) for players xd

Edit: This is getting offtopic: But i think KKG has a pretty high afkkick time (if it isn't even disabled) as they try to get as many players as they can, only a admin can clear up those things.

If you have any questions about shine just look here: https://github.com/Person8880/Shine/wiki
    @GhoulofGSG9 The main question is, does it disable the features it controls by default to prevent conflict, then require config of the to "reneable" them?

I'm, just trying to understand why AFK kickers aren't active on the servers I frequent.

Maybe it would just be easier to host my own server XD
    edited September 2013
    By default the afkkick plugin of shine is disabled. As shine would never turn on any gameplay impacting feature automatically. But default kicktime is 15 mins, so seems like KKG turned it on without changing the plugin config. At my server i have warntime at 2.5 min and Kicktime at 5. And to answer your question of course the shine afkkick plugin disables the vannila afk function as afkkick offers a lot more options.

And i fact imho 2 min are to short if you want to go shortly to the toilet or look up the stats / options etc.
  • ZaggyZaggy NullPointerException The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-12-10 Member: 24214Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, Subnautica Playtester
    Can be set in ServerConfig.json, see http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/132380/quick-and-dirty-linux-dedicated-server-howto#latest (shameless thread plug)
    I've set mine to 5m as to allow a short break for anyone on the server.
    If people don't agree they can votekick people out themselves.
  • MavickMavick Join Date: 2012-11-07 Member: 168138Members
    Currently have mine set to kick at 10, but warn and moves them to ready room at 5 mins with Shine. I increased the kick time from the initial 5 that I had it set to because of a few regulars who apparently have bathrooms in Siberia or something. But I might at some point lower that back down.
  • duvelduvel Join Date: 2004-02-09 Member: 26318Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    @FUFU servers it's 60 seconds...

go to the bathroom for a small break, come back and you're in the RR and lost 60 res...
  • KingKahunaKingKahuna Join Date: 2008-03-23 Member: 63944Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Zaggy wrote: »
    Can be set in ServerConfig.json, see http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/132380/quick-and-dirty-linux-dedicated-server-howto#latest (shameless thread plug)
    I've set mine to 5m as to allow a short break for anyone on the server.
    If people don't agree they can votekick people out themselves.

We have not changed anything about the AFK vote kick. However, our admins will kick afks when they find them, as we run full servers all the time.

• hyckshycks Join Date: 2013-08-14 Member: 186848Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    shine administration ;)