WELL I FIXED ALL THE CRASHES

benoveerbenoveer Join Date: 2013-04-23 Member: 184950Members, Reinforced - Supporter
Went out an bought a new computor

Comments

• terrible spammerterrible spammer Join Date: 2013-01-16 Member: 179927Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    protip: this is also an excellent solution for perfomance problems
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    benoveer wrote: »
    Isn't this the way Apple solves it's issues as well :>
  • benoveerbenoveer Join Date: 2013-04-23 Member: 184950Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    well, the old one was 7yrs old and starting to act up, got it for free, so I spent a little $$$
  • SeeVeeSeeVee Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165206Members
    Any computer over 5 years old is considered an antique and in some cases ancient.
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    My computer is 5 years old :~(
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    UWE should be sponsored by hardware companies.
  • KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    benoveer wrote: »
    Isn't this the way Apple solves it's issues as well :>

That, and never showing any error messages that could frighten and confuse their loyal customers.

• kalakujakalakuja Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159045Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter
    money cant buy you love
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    Finally, someone who has sense to buy a new computer.

Some people refuse to buy new computers and instead just constantly complain to devs why their old computers doesn't work/not supported by the game. (Honestly, the only reason DX9 should ever be used is for increased performance.)
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    coolitic wrote: »

Some people refuse to buy new computers and instead just constantly complain to devs why their old computers doesn't work/not supported by the game. (Honestly, the only reason DX9 should ever be used is for increased performance.)

Yeah but their rigs are still way more powerful than consoles... Well not really or sometimes... So... Maybe...

RAAAAAAARW!

*runs off into the distant sunset with your cookies*
  • KwisatzHaderachKwisatzHaderach Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143872Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Finally, someone who has money to buy a new computer.

Some people just can't buy new computers and instead just constantly complain to devs why their old computers doesn't work/not supported by the game. (Honestly, the only reason DX9 should ever be used is for increased performance.)

Fixed.
  • [AwE]Sentinel[AwE]Sentinel Join Date: 2012-06-05 Member: 152949Members
    There would be less complaining if the devs had announced different system requirements. Also there are a lot of people with fast computers complaining about crashes etc. as well...so I guess the OP was lucky.
  • darkhunt333darkhunt333 Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165414Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013

Some people just can't buy new computers and instead just constantly complain to devs why their old computers doesn't work/not supported by the game. (Honestly, the only reason DX9 should ever be used is for increased performance.)

Fixed.

We cut the fat or have to deal with constant crashing because the game is 32 bit. I say remove the filthy, sub race, peasants and move forwards, never side ways or back. For the greater good.

Not. One. Step. Back.
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    I think you are overestimating the effect a 64bit version of the game would have...
  • PandademicPandademic Join Date: 2013-02-26 Member: 183359Members
    edited September 2013

The game used to run fine for me. Well enough that I could run spark editor and game at same time. Now I can't play at all. That's my fault? I need to spend hundreds to keep up with updates?
  • computerquipcomputerquip Join Date: 2013-09-11 Member: 188124Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Retired Community Developer
    edited September 2013
    Contrary to popular belief, using a later profile (DX 11 as compared to DX 9, or OGL 3.3 as compared to OGL 2.1) often results in better optimization...
    Also, I have a computer that could max out most games @ 1080p w/ full AA and AF while maintaining 60 FPS consistent. Still crashes.
    I also think the game has other problems than reaching capped memory.
  • KwisatzHaderachKwisatzHaderach Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143872Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter

Fixed.

We cut the fat or have to deal with constant crashing because the game is 32 bit. I say remove the filthy, sub race, peasants and move forwards, never side ways or back. For the greater good.

Not. One. Step. Back.

Siegheil! pfffff... :-O
This discussion has been closed.