Damage Not Registering Correctly

2»

Comments

• ChikunChikun Join Date: 2013-01-10 Member: 178729Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    So let's assume I want to make a recording because I believe that there is a difference in hit registration for a skulk when holding down the mouse button vs tapping it. Let's also assume I am a "failzorz casual nub pleb" that has no knowledge of recording software or how to use it so that when I do finish recording and post my findings they hold up to the intense scrutiny and are admissable in the NS2 courts. What would be the most user friendly/preffered program? That's also free.
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    I've felt great playing with the NSL mod, which integrates DAK and therefore modifies tick rates

I don't know what rates and stuff mean, but I know I used to cmd_updaterate 101 etc back in the day and it mattered alot. It matters now too. I dont see why the DAK integration isnt in the game yet.

As for the patch, no I haven't had any issues with reg. In Balance Test vs 250 however I swear my shotgun was broken. This was fixed for me in 251, or I just wasn't playing well
  • darkhunt333darkhunt333 Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165414Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    I'm not continuing to try to record NS2 until the filthy 32 bit peasants die and let the 64 bit master race properly flaunt absolute superiority over their filthy, disgusting, sub race, peasantry.

Too much crashing.

Chikun wrote: »
    So let's assume I want to make a recording because I believe that there is a difference in hit registration for a skulk when holding down the mouse button vs tapping it. Let's also assume I am a "failzorz casual nub pleb" that has no knowledge of recording software or how to use it so that when I do finish recording and post my findings they hold up to the intense scrutiny and are admissable in the NS2 courts. What would be the most user friendly/preffered program? That's also free.

Action! has given me the best FPS and gives you 30 days to find a working crack.
    http://mirillis.com/en/products/action.html
  • B3rTB3rT Join Date: 2013-02-14 Member: 183058Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I'm not continuing to try to record NS2 until the filthy 32 bit peasants die and let the 64 bit master race properly flaunt absolute superiority over their filthy, disgusting, sub race, peasantry.

Too much crashing.

WTF has this to do with your video? Or is your game crashing because you use a filthy 32bit OS?

• darkhunt333darkhunt333 Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165414Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    B3rT wrote: »

Too much crashing.

WTF has this to do with your video? Or is your game crashing because you use a filthy 32bit OS?

The game is a 32 bit app. Only uses up to 4 gigs. Meaning avoidable massive frame loss and no crashing if 64 is pushed. Will run smooth as butter.

http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey
  • ChikunChikun Join Date: 2013-01-10 Member: 178729Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Action! has given me the best FPS and gives you 30 days to find a working crack.
    http://mirillis.com/en/products/action.html

Very well, I shall toy around with this and report back with comparison videos... Eventually.
  • CanucckCanucck Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 72987Members
    People are actually debating that there's a hitreg problem? It's not even new... it's always been there, even the overpriced/overclocked servers can't manage more than 20p for much over 20min without severe warping/noreg
  • SanCoSanCo Join Date: 2012-08-18 Member: 155744Members
    After the patch theres been way more shitty servers than before. Red icon, warp and shitty hitreg left and right on almost all servers. It seriously getting tiring.
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    From my experience, bad hitreg is purely a server related issue.

ofc, the hitbox being the model itself does make it much harder and unforgiving :P