Map with names

CarNagE1CarNagE1 Poland Join Date: 2003-05-14 Member: 16298Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Playtester
We could use nicknames above player icons on the map.

Commanders offen tells new players to follow "John", but how can he do that if he dont know where he is.

Would it be a big problem to add it to map? like in example?

Comments

• Maxx11_v2.0Maxx11_v2.0 Join Date: 2012-11-18 Member: 172221Members
    edited September 2013
    Its a good idea but unless there's some clever way to implement it, chances are it would clutter the map with long text. Your example has the marines nicely spaced out, but what happens when you have several near each other? The text will become unreadable and potentially even cover up something important. The map should be kept as clean as possible.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Maybe a squad system can be drawn on the Hud with squad coloured outlines of your squad mates instead of putting it all clustered on the map. The map is way too important for tactics and mustn't be cluttered. other marines would be outlined in white. And this would of course be an option (on/off/proximity)
  • SeeVeeSeeVee Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165206Members
    edited September 2013
    How about when hitting tab you can mouse click a player name and that one dot on the map becomes a different color. maybe have it auto shut off upon death.

Maybe commander can highlight the player as well and it shows on map as different color.

Just tossing out ideas.
  • CarNagE1CarNagE1 Poland Join Date: 2003-05-14 Member: 16298Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Playtester
    I realy like to team up with firends. Its realy hard to do right now. Every time one of us dies, we cant find each other. It would realy benefit in team play. I like the idea to click on score board nickname to highlight on map.
  • SpiritwindSpiritwind Join Date: 2008-04-20 Member: 64116Members
    The command does have the ability to do the 'guard' command on other Rines I believe. Such as, selecting a marine, and the right clicking on the marine they want them to follow.