Natural Selection 3 ?

Comments

• delta78delta78 Join Date: 2013-01-08 Member: 178131Members
    Reeke, let's just call it Battleselection 3 :P

I want jets and tanks in there too! And choppasss! ( To yell GET TO DA CHOOPPAaaa! )

NO! NS2 is still here and listening to your misguided thoughts and wishes! You should burn by the sacred laws of Natural Selection for posting in this thread. I, the representative of the holy alien inquisition, ask that you all willingly enter the gorge tunnel and purify yourselves from the demons inside your shameful bodies! You'll answer to Kharaa and if you survive the encounter, then your soul was not corrupted and you may live.

In Kharaa we believe, NS2 must be protected!

By the way, NS3 must have ship to ship combat between the TSF and an Alien race and throw Kharaa there and you get a super cool cocktail! Imagine fighting deck after deck to kill the parasites, while taking hits from enemy battery. Kharaa organic ship anyone? Ah the glory!
  • extolloextollo Ping Blip Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72457Members
    Lets just milk NS2 for a while..

NS2: Rio
  • MestaritonttuMestaritonttu Join Date: 2004-07-29 Member: 30229Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Oculus Rift.

Nuff said.

UWE could continue on the path of unique game models by being the first to fully utilize Oculus Rift in a multiplayer setting. :P

Mark my words, Oculus is gonna be the sh*t in the near future.
  • cpt000cpt000 Join Date: 2013-08-28 Member: 187152Members
    Oculus Rift.

Nuff said.

UWE could continue on the path of unique game models by being the first to fully utilize Oculus Rift in a multiplayer setting. :P

Indeed. OR 2.0 will single handedly obsolete gaming monitors.
  • jolonne5jolonne5 Join Date: 2013-08-27 Member: 187103Members
    Oculus Rift.

Nuff said.

Isnt that already being done with star citizen?
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Huge maps, in- and outdoor, with 1 uberlord macro commander on both sides and regional commanders for troop support, RT capping etc.
  • MestaritonttuMestaritonttu Join Date: 2004-07-29 Member: 30229Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    jolonne5 wrote: »
    Oculus Rift.

Nuff said.

So we're in a hurry, gentlemen! :-B
  • 0ni0ni Join Date: 2012-08-30 Member: 156991Members
    NS3 will definitely have the Protoss.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    edited September 2013
    jolonne5 wrote: »
    Oculus Rift.

Nuff said.

Yes.

But I don't believe in Oculus.

edit: But if you ask me about AR: OH YEAH that shit is gonna be AWESOME
  • Electr0Electr0 Join Date: 2011-10-31 Member: 130337Members
    Virtual and augmented reality are almost certainly going to be the next big thing since the internet and mobile computing, it will open up huge potential like we've never seen, imagine ar overlaying virtual objects in the real world or immersing yourself in another by simply putting on a pair of glasses or contacts, things will be amazing once it matures.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Electr0 wrote: »
    Virtual and augmented reality are almost certainly going to be the next big thing since the internet and mobile computing, it will open up huge potential like we've never seen, imagine ar overlaying virtual objects in the real world or immersing yourself in another by simply putting on a pair of glasses or contacts, things will be amazing once it matures.

The only problem is: How to control all those smart glasses? Thought control isnt that advanced yet...
  • ChikunChikun Join Date: 2013-01-10 Member: 178729Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Electr0 wrote: »

And then "hacking" will become what it looked like in cheezy 80's dystopic movies set in the "future".

Can't wait to battle the evil Japanese corporation's version of Tron when I try to steal the cure for an obscure disease.
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    They should move away from NS entirely and develop something brand new for their next game. NS3 can come when they're a super successful company and can afford to do it properly with a singleplayer story.
  • OkxydOkxyd Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143981Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    Reeke wrote: »
    I'd like to see ns2 properly polished and its gameplay "finalised" first.

However if NS3 becomes a thing, I'd like to see a slightly larger, terrain based game with the same rts/fps principle. Instead of fighting over res points you'd fight over small bases/fort areas of strategic importance. They could be fortified by either side and of course could include a res point within it. I'd say 64 player max, which works well for other fps games that have open gameplay.

New alien lifeforms would be obviously needed due to the more open/larger playing field. Combat would still be very much player v player, gun v mouth, but each side could have some form of squad transport. Marines could have some kind of space jeep and aliens a large lifeform that could transport smaller/slower life forms (larger/faster lifeforms wouldnt need it).

I just imagined commanding 31 dudes, I laughed and then I cried.

However, I don't want NS3, I assume they have plenty of other idea which can be awesome.
  • KarbaKarba Join Date: 2006-09-23 Member: 58040Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Gold
    Coming out Fall 2019 :P
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    cpt000 wrote: »
    Oculus Rift.

Nuff said.

Indeed. OR 2.0 will single handedly obsolete gaming monitors.

no it won't lol
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »
    It would be a prequel!

Six Days in Sanjii co-op campaign plz :D:D
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    >>OR support gets implemented
    Challenge: Lerk in a comp match without breaking your neck.

gg @Syknik
  • AddedAdded Join Date: 2013-03-20 Member: 184098Members
    Pattern:
    Good old game->fucked up sequel->no more games

That's how it'll go, sorry.
  • HeatSurgeHeatSurge Some Guy Join Date: 2012-09-15 Member: 159438Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I'd like to see how 2 plays out. We're still reversing to beta every 3 months.
  • KwisatzHaderachKwisatzHaderach Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143872Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited September 2013
    maD_maX_ wrote: »
    Aliens vs other aliens? Thinking Zerg vs protons instead... Maybe a prequal where the kaharra already destroyed an advanced civilization...

Keep in mind that the TSF are the aggressor in NS2, not the Kharaa.
    Also, it's not a good idea to make a game without any humans in it. Some ppl need something to identify with, no matter if friendly or enemy.
    But I like the thought of a protoss-like race. It would give the opportunity for more open environments while keeping an asymmetrical game. Imo aliens (melee combat) just doesn't work in wide spaces.

However, I hope UWE does something different, after all they are called Unknown Worlds.
    Still an MP-game, but something with a setting the like of the Dune-universe would be awesome! UWE making a game within the Dune universe would be absolute bliss :D. The whole lends itself so well for an MP-game it's just insane! ... but alas, rights are tightly sealed without the hope of another Dune game for quite a while...
  • majorpainmajorpain Join Date: 2013-09-01 Member: 187515Members
    edited September 2013
    Holy sh*t, thread still active, nice. So, the general opinion seems to be that UWE secret project is something other that NS3, right?
    Well, hope this new mystery project turns out to be just as creative as NS2, who knows, maybe some other studio will feel inspired by what NS2 has brought to the table and make something like it on a bigger scale :)
  • KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold
    edited September 2013
    Seriously, though, things I would like to see in NS3:

- Attack ships
    - Shoulder of Orion
    - C-beams
    - Tannhauser gate
    - ... things you people wouldn't believe.
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    It should have advanced drifter AI that, so they will move out of the way as you get close to them.
  • UlmontUlmont Join Date: 2011-10-02 Member: 125211Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    Outdoors vehicle based maps; NS3. Certainly would make my decade.
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Something like planetside 2 territory control, with the base building of something like starcraft/c&c, combined with the squad and ground aspect of battlefield would make something really cool.

When a team controls an area, they can elect a Commander to base build and give orders within the confines of that territory. If the Frontiersmen hold an area, they phase in big pre-built structures like clone barracks and vehicle garages. If the Kharaa hold an area, the area gets infested with the alien biomass to mark that it's alien territory, and the elected alien commander can grow massive organic structures for spawning lifeforms and tunnels for the alien team to navigate quickly with. That or the aliens could ride on giant beasts of war, like Remora do with Manta Rays.
  • EucomolhamasEucomolhamas Join Date: 2013-03-10 Member: 183841Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    why are you guys talking about ns3? i mean, it came out pretty early in the summer, something about a balance test or something
  • Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    - make maps more dynamic - based on in-game events, differently configured each round, etc.
    - different official sub-modes for NS (not as complicated as combat, but that tweak the goals a bit)
    - single/cooperative player gameplay w/storyline for marines and kharra
    - multithread-capable front-end scripting language that isn't a dog
  • NazoNazo Such Is Life in The Zone Join Date: 2010-12-16 Member: 75720Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    The real question is, when can we expect Spark 2
  • derWalterderWalter Join Date: 2008-10-29 Member: 65323Members
    edited September 2013
    Martin7 wrote: »
    What about Natural Selection 4?

what about http://www.unvanquished.net/ ?

(free software open source rts-fps hybrid in alpha stage)