Menu "X", Voice overs, Taunts, all voices disappear in Build 255

Comments

• IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited September 2013
    @xen32
    Ok try not using the X menu at all then?
    Which, if you stick to your shortcut keys, only keeps you from ejecting commanders and voting to concede.
  • das0308das0308 Join Date: 2012-11-04 Member: 166824Members, Reinforced - Supporter
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited September 2013
    IronHorse wrote: »
    @xen32
    Which, if you stick to your shortcut keys, only keeps you from ejecting commanders and voting to concede.

That's the trick, shortcuts don't work as well. (Z, Q, T, H, Ping)
    Wouldn't be a problem at all if it was just the menu itself. I never concede anyway :P
  • barrythemorrisbarrythemorris Join Date: 2013-09-07 Member: 187974Members, Reinforced - Silver
    So when is the next update? I'm having a really bad time playing now I can't concede or ping the map.
  • MrChokeMrChoke Join Date: 2012-12-13 Member: 174990Members, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow
    This is the trick : DO NOT TAUNT. :)
    Taunting is what triggers the error.

Again, this is already fixed for next patch so just sit tight people and... don't taunt. :)

@IronHorse, I do not agree. All of the "X" commands are dead from round start no matter what. I have found no work around and believe me, I have tried. It is VERY annoying because taunting is nothing. We can't request meds, ammo, we can't ping the map, we can't even vote concede. Its a major problem for people having it. I cannot tell you how many extra times I have gotten killed in game because I can't use these "X" commands.
  • MrChokeMrChoke Join Date: 2012-12-13 Member: 174990Members, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow
    @xen32

@IronHorse, again disagree. I rarey use the "X" button, I always use the short cut keys. None of them work either.
  • tchontchetchontche Join Date: 2009-08-11 Member: 68423Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Need a date for the futur Build, thanks
  • PolskaKielbasaPolskaKielbasa Join Date: 2013-09-06 Member: 187917Members, Reinforced - Silver
    Why do we have to wait for the next build? Is it not possible to release fast patch? It's just a small bug in one file Natural Selection 2\ns2\lua\NetworkMessages_Server.lua - line 273
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    MrChoke wrote: »
    @xen32

@IronHorse, again disagree. I rarey use the "X" button, I always use the short cut keys. None of them work either.
    Crap.. ok..

@PolskaKielbasa yes its just one line and like i said its already been fixed.. but this isnt the only bug we want fixed?
    There's actually a far worse issue crashing many people right now.
    So why release a hotfix now, only to just release yet another one potentially in a few hours? Everyone would be out of date, servers catching up.. a needless nightmare.

Not to mention every single fix needs proper time in testing.. because its not uncommon for a "fix" .. even its its braindead simple.. to create even more bugs..

Appreciate the patience tho, everyone.
  • BicsumBicsum Join Date: 2012-02-27 Member: 147596Members, Reinforced - Gold
    edited September 2013
    I assume you can't "just" upload the fixed file here or at the workshop?

If not, I'll just have to tea bag dead aliens instead of taunting them. =)

And meds are overrated anyway.
  • MzMzMzMz Join Date: 2006-10-23 Member: 58087Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter
    at least give us an option to remove our steam page so that our id is no longer attached to the badge.
    like seriously. FOR REAL.
  • cgountaniscgountanis Join Date: 2003-08-10 Member: 19314Members, Reinforced - Gold
    Along with the X menu my ESC is not working once in a game. OMG this is kinda frustrating.
  • tchontchetchontche Join Date: 2009-08-11 Member: 68423Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    @cgoutanis As you say... you're right... We are in 2013 and they have bugs like 90's xD

• cgountaniscgountanis Join Date: 2003-08-10 Member: 19314Members, Reinforced - Gold
    They don't expect us to just, not play, until it's fixed right? I am slapping myself for donating so quickly now. Should have waited till any bugs were found and handled first. Live and learn.
  • hyckshycks Join Date: 2013-08-14 Member: 186848Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    resolved or not resolved ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? when
    Ok, it is Wednesday now and no news about when the next hotfix is going to be. I know there is another bug, the 32-bit memory crash problem out there that is more critical, I agree. However, that bug has to be more complicated and difficult to solve than this one, a bug already said to be fixed. We simply need the hot fix for it. If UWE is planning on having us wait for the complicated 32-bit memory problem to be fixed before we get our fix, I FIND THAT UNACCEPTABLE. Unless this 32-bit fix is due to come out quite soon. On top of that, my understanding is, the people who donated money to Reinforced are the ones having this problem. We are the people that are directly contributing to the future of NS2, maybe even of UWE itself.

My patience of hearing nothing on when this is going to be fixed is wearing thin.
    Let's not get all Nerd Ragey on them. I am sure it is a high priority. It would be nice to get a ETA though.
    cgountanis wrote: »
    Let's not get all Nerd Ragey on them. I am sure it is a high priority. It would be nice to get a ETA though.

Fair enough. I had gotten mad because I repeatedly pounded "Q" again to get med packs in a game as I was getting chewed up and spitten out.
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    It's been too long, I no longer find this funny :(
  • hyckshycks Join Date: 2013-08-14 Member: 186848Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    tchontche wrote: »
    Hello!

I have one problem from the Build 255, the voice marines male or female are impossible to use, the menu "x" too...
    When i want to need a medpack, use taunts or use the "!" in the game with the mouse roll click, all this button didn't work... :/

Have you any recommandation? Do you have this problem too??

Thanks for your attention,

Tu SorS | NS2-Fr.com ,
    This is the trick : DO NOT TAUNT. :)
    Taunting is what triggers the error.

Again, this is already fixed for next patch so just sit tight people and... don't taunt. :)

WE RE WAITING !!!!!!!

• rkfgrkfg Russia Join Date: 2013-09-03 Member: 187744Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Just my 5 cents, I have no problems pinging the map and requesting medpacks or ammo. It just works. I don't taunt at all though. Doubt Linux version is any different but that's the fact, I don't exoerience this issue. I'll try taunting and see what happens.
    rkfg wrote: »
    Just my 5 cents, I have no problems pinging the map and requesting medpacks or ammo. It just works. I don't taunt at all though. Doubt Linux version is any different but that's the fact, I don't exoerience this issue. I'll try taunting and see what happens.

All the shadows I've asked in game don't have this issue.
  • rkfgrkfg Russia Join Date: 2013-09-03 Member: 187744Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Oh, that wasn't mentioned anywhere in the thread, the only thing was about "it's related to your badge" and I thought about "a badge" but it was "the badge". Strange. I wonder if there are unit tests for such complex things like this one and I wonder if devs use unit and/or integration testing at all. Those tests doesn't assure that things work right but at least they verify that things haven't gotten worse or plain broken.
    I didn't want to respond until i had something else to update you all with.. so after nudging Hugh last night..
    TADA!
    http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/132334/where-are-my-bugfixes-natural-selection-2#latest

which... basically just says "Next thursday"...."maybe"....
    /Shields self.
  • CilluCillu Join Date: 2013-08-27 Member: 187102Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Guess no med and ammo packs until Thursday then.
  • creamcream Join Date: 2011-05-14 Member: 98671Members
    Why do we have to wait for the next build? Is it not possible to release fast patch? It's just a small bug in one file Natural Selection 2\ns2\lua\NetworkMessages_Server.lua - line 273

smart gai.
    I didn't want to respond until i had something else to update you all with.. so after nudging Hugh last night..
    TADA!
    http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/132334/where-are-my-bugfixes-natural-selection-2#latest

which... basically just says "Next thursday"...."maybe"....
    /Shields self.

joke.

but then i fully expected shit like this to happen.
    Glad to hear read the news. It doesn't actually matter that much how long we should wait. It matters however if the devs have some vague deadline or not. Certainty, that's what matters. Now we have that date and I'm happy about it!
  • AmadAmad Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186626Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Just donated to get myself the silver badge only to get this bug. Can't taunt, request med / ammos / orders. Without these keys it's literally unplayable for me until they fix this. Oh well, just need to wait next week if there's an update coming.
  • creamcream Join Date: 2011-05-14 Member: 98671Members
    rkfg wrote: »
    Glad to hear read the news. It doesn't actually matter that much how long we should wait. It matters however if the devs have some vague deadline or not. Certainty, that's what matters. Now we have that date and I'm happy about it!

joke #2. speaking of vague deadlines, i think i know one back in 2009.

oh wait, sorry, you probably don't know what i'm talking about. at least UWE is thoughtful enough to give you some cosmetic upgrades. makes you feel great in-game and on the forums, no?

keke.
  • lolz_Vsdgkklolz_Vsdgkk Join Date: 2013-05-23 Member: 185349Members
    Glad to see the issues already known.
    Kinda crap to donate then suddenly youre a marine all alone without easy comm support haha.