Next ?

UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
255 is 16x16 in hex (including 0, so 255 (0xFF) is the 256th in the list). it's a power => 16²
I think i understand now.

-Huge lag issues. Say, you BH to maximum speed. If you get in front of a marine... Lag / rewind / dead syndrome. => Lag²
-When Alien are winning, they have a hard time to finish => Turtle land²
-ppl are stacking... again... => Stack²
-AV orange => Vomit²
-1 on 1 fights are just awkward now => Jumping bean²
-Rookie marine just don't build anything and the marines still win. => Dumb²
-Proper marines just cut the Cyst and you're agonizing for the rest of the game. Khammander are frustrated² plain and simple.

I've played many game on build 255. Combat and regular. Despite the fact the game crashes sometimes (something that never happened before), i made my mind, it's just not playable anymore as alien. And worse; you still know from the first minutes who's gonna win.

So... let's forget about it. just by curiosity: what's under the hood of build 256 (AKA 0x100 in hex) ? Coz hey, something went wrong you know.

I mean this time; it would be great not to have bad surprises. oops read instead "bad surprise²".

Comments

• BentRingBentRing Join Date: 2003-03-04 Member: 14318Members
    I'll have whatever UncleCrunch is having.

And make it a double squared.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
  • StrikerX3StrikerX3 Join Date: 2012-11-08 Member: 168423Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I got the part where he talked about hexadecimal numbers. The rest is too philosophical for a computer scientist.
  • DaphistoDaphisto Hive Janitor Join Date: 2002-11-16 Member: 8917Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    so much incoherence and dat onos donator badge.... wat?
  • soccerguy243soccerguy243 Join Date: 2012-12-22 Member: 175920Members, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited September 2013
  • CaptivaCaptiva Join Date: 2013-09-01 Member: 187588Members
    edited September 2013
    I think this is another thread asking to nerf the already nerfed to death marines.

"I can only kill 5 marines a second as Onos... I used to be able to kill 6 or 7, Nerf the Marines this isn't fair!"
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
  • KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold
    That's what Dan Brown does to your brain if you huff it undiluted, folks!
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
    For my detractors:
    This is not a rant thread again. I did it on some threads, arguments have been forged and launched, rivers have been cried, eyes have been dried, etc.

I don't want it to be a thread for nerfing this or that. I'm all for balance but not THAT way. Not by making it ri-di-cu-lous.

I'm a huge NS fan. And i won't go back on my donation, or talk about it like that. It was my way to thank them for +10 years of gaming. Thank you guys! Better price than crap movies!

I'm still on the top of the scoreboard but this is the first time EVER that i don't want to play anymore. I thought that was a thing that could no be possible as there are many reasons to play NS. Tactics, pedagogy, teamwork, human behavior (reflexes, moves) topics are also "huge" even if the youngest don't realize it.

Not because of the "rookie waves" the "WE sales" throw at us.
    Not because i get bored after +10 years of gaming. The dissymmetric concept still rocks.

Not because... let's face it, who you gonna fight if no one wants to play alien ? A drifter, an egg ? You still need kham for that. And less and less people wants to "Khammand". I don't blame them. Provide that service is frustrating, playing alien is utterly frustrating.

Simply, just because this build 255 is total garbage. I have the PC that brings +80 constant FPS and still it lags sometimes, what!!!? and now crashes whut da..!!!. I don't care to have a "decal" on my model or a new skin, in fact waiting more for avoiding loosing my time would have been better.

So let's get to the next build (yeah i'm still optimist). Anyone that have information on NS 2 build 256 is welcomed.
    Rants, rivers of tears... Please find another thread. They are many... plenty... and justified.
  • sotanahtsotanaht Join Date: 2013-01-12 Member: 179215Members
    Daphisto wrote: »

You know what they say about a Fool and his Money.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    sotanaht wrote: »
    Daphisto wrote: »

You know what they say about a Fool and his Money.

That he'll donate it to a badass video game company, expecting little in return?

I like being alien commander, except of course when the entire team is rookies who just wanna run around by themselves, CoD style trying to get as many kills as possible (instead, getting as many deaths as possible). Nothing UWE can do to "fix" impatient little children, however.
  • ZaggyZaggy NullPointerException The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-12-10 Member: 24214Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, Subnautica Playtester
    -Huge lag issues. Say, you BH to maximum speed. If you get in front of a marine... Lag / rewind / dead syndrome. => Lag²
    Lag as in low FPS or network latency?
    Contamination + Mature Whips or Onoses being healed by gorges.
    >infestation
    What about it?
    Try a different server? Vote Random Teams?
    -AV orange => Vomit²
    Still getting used to it myself as well, thinking of it as night vision.
    Do like it as I was mostly using the alternate vision before, seeing less of the color world of NS2.
    Some people are awfully good at this :(
    Until the alien team sneaks in with a drifter in the marine base and eats it within seconds.
    -Proper marines just cut the Cyst and you're agonizing for the rest of the game. Khammander are frustrated² plain and simple.
    Recysting is part of the job, marines are equally frustrated when you kill their obs, phasegates, arms labs and most of all: power nodes.

Your fascination with numbers worries me.
  • RamaanRamaan Join Date: 2013-06-27 Member: 185734Members
    Game is broken as it is now...thank god I decided to uninstall the game with 250, a quick game with the new 255 underlined my statement with 250 and i'm staying with that until they decide to update the game in a positive way, but I seriously don't have high hopes for NS2 as it has evolving since 249. Servers are getting more and more empty with each update.

I've already seen my money for the pre-alpha for NS2 as a refund for many awesome years with NS1.
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
    Zaggy wrote: »
    Your fascination with numbers worries me.

It's just that everything (both topics) got together without thinking of it. Next time it would be flowers or engine parts. Who knows. I love it when a plan comes together.

About Cyst rapidly: even if i do, it gets cut again. The issue isn't the cutting and reCyst, it's no res income during that time + harvester dies. Too easy for marine.

@All : Please stick to the topic. I'm eager to get "past 255".

Build 256 is on my ToCheck list. Info/tips anyone ?
  • MB42MB42 Join Date: 2013-09-07 Member: 187923Members
    I'm with Zaggy on this. I'm new to NS, never played NS1. I've won both as Marines and Aliens. You need both a good commander and a good team. A good commander without a good team, or a good team without a good comm., will rarely win regardless of side.

Stacking - that happens with every MMO.
    Jumping - what, you couldn't do that in NS1?
    Rookie Marines always win - No, I've won many times as Alien
    Cysts - what, you couldn't cut the cysts in NS1? But I see your point about cutting a cyst equals destroying the harvester.

No game is 100% perfect.

PS - Lag - have you never played any other MMO, at all?
    PPS - rhetorical questions.
  • kyliegirlkyliegirl Gorge Master Australia Join Date: 2002-12-11 Member: 10586Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    Cysts didn't exist in ns1 the infestation was static. You didn't need infestation to build on in ns.

I Am both for and against khammander but this is because I still liked gorge doing everything and I am not sure if it could work in ns2 like it did in Ns.

Remember it took 2 yrs after release to balance ns1 it will take time again with these new changes. The same is said about performance, they are still refining things, give them time.

Give them time and it will pull through.
  • ritualsacrificeritualsacrifice Join Date: 2012-11-14 Member: 171148Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Captiva wrote: »
    I think this is another thread asking to nerf the already nerfed to death marines.

"I can only kill 5 marines a second as Onos... I used to be able to kill 6 or 7, Nerf the Marines this isn't fair!"

LOL WAT

5 marines can kill essentially kill an Onos immediately... like, if an Onos walks into 5 marines, the Onos doesn't even have time to turn and run away. The only thing he can do is boneshield and pray to god that the marines are low on ammo.
  • douchebagatrondouchebagatron Custom member title Join Date: 2003-12-20 Member: 24581Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    255 is 16x16 in hex (including 0, so 255 (0xFF) is the 256th in the list). it's a power => 16²
    I think i understand now.

-AV orange => Vomit²

I've played many game on build 255. Combat and regular. Despite the fact the game crashes sometimes (something that never happened before), i made my mind, it's just not playable anymore as alien. And worse; you still know from the first minutes who's gonna win.

So... let's forget about it. just by curiosity: what's under the hood of build 256 (AKA 0x100 in hex) ? Coz hey, something went wrong you know.

I mean this time; it would be great not to have bad surprises. oops read instead "bad surprise²".

I think their next move is player education, like educating players on the topics of:
    * server performance is much more important than high ping if you don't want Lag/rewind/dead syndrome.
    * marine turtles are easily broken by use of contamination and whips in conjunction with teamwork (gorges and backup primarily)
    * how to vote for a randomized ready room
    * alien vision is only intended for dark rooms
    * skulks should attack from walls, not floors, so that marine jumping doesn't really help
    * a rookie marine is only as useless as their team allows them to be
    * one team harassing another is intended to be frustrating