Love this game, but...

SolaritySolarity Join Date: 2012-11-13 Member: 170515Members, Reinforced - Shadow
It would be nice if things didn't change to often. It feels like the dynamics and how different weapons and life forms change more than any other game I have played. You get good at one thing, then bam, you have to play it differently and relearn it.

Comments

• Scorpion9908Scorpion9908 Australia Join Date: 2013-07-29 Member: 186445Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    Relearning is part of the fun keeps it fresh yo :)
  • MestaritonttuMestaritonttu Join Date: 2004-07-29 Member: 30229Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    I get the sentiment, because I've had games "I just wanna play" and not care about other stuff, then they change and I have to relearn stuff I don't really care about.

But you gotta think there's just as much people who like change since it keeps things fresh, and on top of that, most changes are trying to improve the game. And if the game does improve in the end, it's defo worth it.
  • Sharp-ShooterSharp-Shooter Join Date: 2011-05-11 Member: 98364Members
    This game has had more changes from one patch to the other then call of duty modern warfare 1 to 3, and its a good thing
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    This game has had more changes from one patch to the other then call of duty modern warfare 1 to 3, and its a good thing

call of duty has only had things removed from modern warfare 1 to 3, nothing added
  • MavickMavick Join Date: 2012-11-07 Member: 168138Members
    This game is a pretty unique animal in the elements that it tries to combine along with the asymmetrical balance it tries to achieve. I can absolutely understand frustration from people having to relearn vital mechanics of the game. But another way of looking at it is sometimes it actually is enjoyable to relearn things you previously took for granted. If you learned it well enough once to give you a sense of satisfaction, what's to say you can't do that again and again?
  • MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    THis Game Is AWESOME
  • majorpainmajorpain Join Date: 2013-09-01 Member: 187515Members
    I dont mind things being changed if its to create a better game, but dont change things and force everyone to beta test if for weeks without a choice to opt out.
    Please dont continue to introduce more bugs than you fix (reinforcement) for the sake of adding new content, fix what you have already first then start by adding a few things or make some small changes gradually to see how things go and listen to the feedback ect.
    All the Reinforcment changes and bugs plus a free weekend, meh, just dont do it again.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited September 2013

That's because instead of releasing patches they just release new games.

Also unlike TF2 (which is now ruined) I've enjoyed most of the changes to NS2 (sometimes I miss playing old fade though, shit was OP).
  • WispWisp Join Date: 2007-12-18 Member: 63211Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    Constant iteration will eventually lead to a better game.