Goðar signing off

2»

Comments

• robinhood752robinhood752 Join Date: 2013-08-31 Member: 187379Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
  • Vinc3ntVinc3nt Join Date: 2012-05-27 Member: 152642Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Was my favorite team too.. :(
  • EißfeldtEißfeldt Join Date: 2012-08-15 Member: 155658Members
    Thank you <G>odar for the wonderful time.
  • b1.seb1.se Stockholm, Sweden Join Date: 2012-09-17 Member: 159734Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    edited September 2013
    Thanks ALL G's! Best time in NS2 (split with teamsweden xd). It's too bad about how it went down, 2 great teams gone.
    cu @ another game @fanatic ;)
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    And now this thread becomes even more sad

Good luck with whatever you do next fana. You were, quite literally, the best.
  • BigRustyRedBigRustyRed Join Date: 2012-11-30 Member: 173786Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Thank you all for the great response, I am deeply sadden by this as well, but I hope to keep up with NS2, look forward for some more BigRustyRed content coming "Soon tm" I might just get some of the old Goðar members involved :)

Thank you all so much for your support!
  • BigRustyRedBigRustyRed Join Date: 2012-11-30 Member: 173786Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    fanatic wrote: »
    This is as good a place as any to post this, so here it is: I've decided to retire from NS2.

The reason is mostly that I'm tired of the game, as well as having a lot more afk responsibilities since this is my last year at university. I've been thinking about it for a long time now -- I was already mulling it over during Archaea's second visit to Cologne in april -- and it's been a desperately difficult decision for me to make. I would've pulled the plug a month ago if it wasn't for the new Archaea roster, which gave me a big boost in motivation. Gathering a group of skilled players, especially when there's a mix of talented new players and old school experience, is always very exciting to be part of. Unfortunately, we've had some leadership and activity problems, and that motivation and excitement has slowly drained away in the meanwhile.

As anyone who read my posts throughout the beta, and after release should know, NS2 was a bit of a disappointment for me. Regardless of that, I've had a blast playing it for the past year. Being part of Archaea was amazing -- everything I could've ever hoped to get out of a team. I've also met a lot of amazing NS2 players on the Internet, and in the flesh during our two visits to Cologne, many of whom I hope to stay in touch with in the years to come. I really want to thank everyone I've played NS2 with (especially Archaea<3, but also duplex and Inversion), our most reliable and highly skilled opponents (Exertus, Godar, Mercury, and Nexzil), and all the other great people I've shared moments with in this community -- you're the reason I'll remember the past two years with great affection.

I know some people resent me/us for "killing" Godar, but I don't think that's fair at all. The idea behind the new Archaea, at least my idea, was simple and honest: A team that could challenge Saunamen and Snails. I didn't think the remaining Archaea players + random recruits would've been able to do that, nor did I think Godar would've been able to, so there was only one alternative left. It's a shame it didn't work out, I know we had more than good enough players to succeed. I'm really sorry that I didn't get a chance to play more NS2 with the Godar guys who joined us -- Eiss, Grissi and valk were really difficult to play against, and great guys to play with. I don't know what they and the other Archaeans are going to do now, as the team is in a bit of disarray. If they recruit some new players and continue playing, they've still got more than enough experience and talent to succeed, and I wish them the best of luck in whatever they decide to do.

Bai!

Thank you Fana for the post, although you and I have had our differences I appreciate the post and I respect you as an part of the NS community and it is surly sad to see you go
  • niitzeniitze Join Date: 2013-07-01 Member: 185839Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Long live team menspad!
  • GrissiGrissi Join Date: 2003-08-28 Member: 20314Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I will also be signing out from the scene, time for me to move on to something different. In the end ns2 didn't live up to my expectations :(.
    Really enjoyed playing with Goðar and throughout my time in ns2. Its to bad the new arc didn't work out but it was fun while it lasted :).

Thanks to everyone I played with and against throughout the years, was fun and hope we have a chance to play again in the future.
  • casan0vaxcasan0vax Cloverfield, USA Join Date: 2012-11-04 Member: 166663Members, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I am so so sad to see all these great players leaving D:
  • GlissGliss Join Date: 2003-03-23 Member: 14800Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester
  • DooGieDooGie Join Date: 2005-01-10 Member: 34531Members, Constellation
    Why doesn't this surprise me coming from Fagna?
  • Dictator93Dictator93 Join Date: 2008-12-21 Member: 65833Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Wow, Mendasp, Fana, and Grissi.

Jeez. Hope you guys come back and at least stay part of the casual community.
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    Dictator93 wrote: »
    Wow, Mendasp, Fana, and Grissi.

Jeez. Hope you guys come back and at least stay part of the casual community.

Mendasp actually has come back from the looks of it :D

He's part of a new premiere division team that contains most of the old Godar players. Long live the G's

http://www.ensl.org/contesters/2506
  • eh?eh? Join Date: 2012-03-03 Member: 147997Members
    rofl, people dont play ns2
  • alCalDealCalDe Join Date: 2009-01-02 Member: 65949Members, Constellation
    edited September 2013
    oh god, thanks for that epic montage, i got a lot of laughs there. Even if you are a great prepotent you can have a good sense of humor at all.

I don't have the neccesity of doing a montage about your """"""big plays"""""" my friend, anyway, thanks for showing to the community what kind of guy is Fana.

Thanks for the laughs.
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    omfg 10/10 this post even beats the other one about that roster rider that posted on here like he played pro tf2.
  • GORGEousGORGEous Join Date: 2012-02-19 Member: 146762Members, NS2 Map Tester
This discussion has been closed.