NSL SEASON 3 PREVIEW: Premiere Division

casan0vaxcasan0vax Cloverfield, USA Join Date: 2012-11-04 Member: 166663Members, WC 2013 - Shadow
edited September 2013 in NS2 General Discussion
UPDATE: Premiere Div. predictions are up for Week 2--working on the rest of the Divisions, please bear with me! At the latest, I should have everything up and running for Week 3.

I was bored. And since I'm an English major/current Master's student, I write when I'm bored. So when I happened to be reading up on the upcoming NSL season and started having flashbacks to the days of competitive CS, the crazy notion to write up a comprehensive preview suddenly dawned on me. I started out with the wild idea to cover all the divisions, but after finishing my Premiere Division preview, it's become painfully obvious that I [unfortunately] won't be able to get to any of the other divisions in a timely manner (i.e. before the season actually starts, which defeats the purpose of a preview) because of previous obligations (i.e. school and stuff). And that makes me kinda sad because I really wanted to cover a lot of the Div 1 and 2 teams!

In any case, I originally meant for this to be a post on these boards, but realized about 3 pages in that it would be just too obnoxious (in terms of length) to post here, so I wanted to make a site for it (and other stuff). I tried to remain impartial, but I know I nerded out a bit at some parts, so please forgive me.

Just a few things before you head on over:
1) I know it's wix. Don't hate. I just wanted a simple, WYSIWYG place where I could consolidate all this stuff.
2) I know it's sloppy. Don't hate.
3) If you wanna suggest some more things for the "Other Predictions" and "Vegas Corner" sections, I'm all ears. I actually couldn't think of anything else to add, so any and all suggestions are welcome!

Without further ado, here's the link if you're bored enough to read! (click the preview on the right)

P.S. If you somehow muster the fortitude and determination to get through it all and notice any discrepancies or errors (grammatical or factual) along the way, please do let me know. I've tried my best to fact-check everything within reason, but it's always within the realm of possibility that things could fall through the cracks, especially when I'm my own copy-editor.

Also, feel free to post your own predictions (whether Safe or Bold and beyond!) here!

Thanks guys, and enjoy the season. I know I will!

~soz

Comments

• wirywiry Join Date: 2009-05-25 Member: 67479Members
    Cant seem to find the preview link on my phone. Any chance theres a direct link to the rambling? ;)
  • ZinkeyZinkey Join Date: 2013-06-25 Member: 185694Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Great read, must say I share your excitement for season 3. Have only started following the NS2 competitive scene in the last ~12 months so there was quite a bit of background I was unaware of in your post.
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    edited September 2013
    Nicely written. The international scene will definitely make it quite an interesting season for all teams involved. And the premiere division will be well worth watching indeed. :)
  • SpoogeSpooge Thunderbolt missile in your cheerios Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 67Members
    wiry wrote: »
    Cant seem to find the preview link on my phone. Any chance theres a direct link to the rambling? ;)

Try this? http://casan0vax.wix.com/ns2soz#!nsl-season-3-preview-premiere-division/c15ch

Thanks for taking the time and effort to do this! However, it's virtually impossible to read that text over that background image. I almost want to copy and paste it into notepad or something.
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    Archaea will be the same team as ever this year, I have no doubts. That roster is downright scary

EDIT: AAaaaaaaaaaaand they broke up 24 hours after I posted this.
  • BicsumBicsum Join Date: 2012-02-27 Member: 147596Members, Reinforced - Gold
    Any chance to get better readable text? :)
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited September 2013
    - As a Fade, Golden (Titus) will get killed at least ONCE (1) by EITHER sentry guns OR mines

looooooooool

Also, aside from a few errors on who is actually playing in the season, it was a great read. Nice job soz.
  • wirywiry Join Date: 2009-05-25 Member: 67479Members
    Pretty good read! Perhaps you could do some prediction write-ups for upcoming matches?
  • casan0vaxcasan0vax Cloverfield, USA Join Date: 2012-11-04 Member: 166663Members, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    Thanks for reading, guys! I added the menu for mobile users so you can actually navigate to the Preview page, sorry wiry (and others) D:
    Spooge wrote: »
    ...it's virtually impossible to read that text over that background image. I almost want to copy and paste it into notepad or something.
    Bicsum wrote: »
    Any chance to get better readable text? :)
    I realized this myself, so I just removed the background--it's just black now so that should solve legibility issues for everyone!
    joshhh wrote: »
    ...aside from a few errors on who is actually playing in the season, it was a great read. Nice job soz.
    Yeah I actually have no idea who's going to be active, so I'm just going with what my imagination is telling me would be awesome! :D
    wiry wrote: »
    Pretty good read! Perhaps you could do some prediction write-ups for upcoming matches?
    I'm definitely planning/wanting to do predictions for all the matches during the season, and not just for the Premiere Division!

And please, give me more bets/predictions to add (virtually anything will work)!
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I'd love to see week-by-week writeups and predictions, if possible. I can't wait for this season, the premiere division is so stacked with great players.
  • partyskulkpartyskulk Join Date: 2013-04-11 Member: 184749Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    lmao so many errors in bklub ways but good shit regardless
  • blindblind Join Date: 2010-04-17 Member: 71437Members, Squad Five Gold
    Nice writeup! Don't agree with all details, but awesome read :)
  • TaneTane Join Date: 2004-10-25 Member: 32441Members, Constellation
    Great job! Nice that someone is finally doing these! Of course there are always mistakes when it comes to predictions, but in overall great work indeed.
  • Squirreli_Squirreli_ Join Date: 2012-04-25 Member: 151046Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    GJ on Quaxy seeding premiere ;)

Oh, and how about we just make sure the finals are between finnish clans and hold the finals live somewhere in Helsinki? ;)
  • TheriusTherius Join Date: 2009-03-06 Member: 66642Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
  • casan0vaxcasan0vax Cloverfield, USA Join Date: 2012-11-04 Member: 166663Members, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    Okay! First, as always, thanks for reading/supporting.

Second, I've got my Week 1 predictions up for the Premiere Division ("Weekly Predictions" link).

P.S. - I love you all, please don't hate me if I didn't pick you D:
  • kalakujakalakuja Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159045Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter
    excellent job!
    This is what keeps games alive.
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    just one question. does bonewalling fades in with shotguns count as a FF kill?
  • SyknikSyknik InversionNS2.com Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2064Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Was a fun read, i always enjoy hearing more about the EU scene, though I know many of them, I don't ask them much about what's going on on their end.
  • X3N0X3N0 Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186662Members
    I can't seem to navigate this site on my comp, the links on the left are somewhere off the left of the browser window?
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    X3N0 wrote: »
    I can't seem to navigate this site on my comp, the links on the left are somewhere off the left of the browser window?
    Same here, using Chrome on my work macbook pro.
    Don't mean to put pressure on you, soz, but I really enjoyed reading this and would love to see it updated to include the new team formed by ex-Godar players.
    Hey guys, sorry, the Fall semester's begun so I've been kinda swamped with graduate school work--I plan on keeping this going, but I figured it would be better to wait until Week 1 is over so that I can be sure about exactly who's playing, etc.

Quaxy and duplex switching divisions, Archaea disbanding, the formation of Godar 2.0, and the fact that I have absolutely no idea yet, who will be active for each team this season, has made it really difficult to make any sort of accurate predictions for Week 1.

Once all the teams have played their first matches, though, I will continue to do this!

And I'll address the links being off-screen issue!
  • SyknikSyknik InversionNS2.com Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2064Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Sounds good man, i'm definitely looking forward to some week to week updates, would be awesome!
    Alright, at the very least, I've got Week 2 predictions up for the Premiere Division. As of this writing, Bklub/dn/quaxy/Team X haven't played their Week 1 matches yet (not that it matters, but just saying!). I'm really gonna try to get the rest of the divisions up by mid-week (18/9), and then finally start working on some articles :0

As always, thanks everyone for reading :D