Why does elite assault marine look better than black armour?

CaptainSnakeCaptainSnake Join Date: 2010-06-19 Member: 72105Members
edited September 2013 in NS2 General Discussion
Seriously :(

Now I gotta go buy the super awesome Elite Assault marine instead of using my less-cool black marine armour.

I, as a black marine armour owner, demand it be made cooler than the elite assault marine armour!!!!

Or give me some black exo armour...

Comments

• NazoNazo Such Is Life in The Zone Join Date: 2010-12-16 Member: 75720Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    edited September 2013
    I personally wish I could have got the Spec Ops armour with the Shadowpack over the Elite assault marine

(And regret not willing to fork over the extra cash to participate in the alpha)
  • Side1Bu2Rnz9Side1Bu2Rnz9 Join Date: 2012-10-16 Member: 162510Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    Eye of the beholder I love my black armor and the elite assault armor looks equally as cool, but it's also 75 bucks compared to the pre order price of like 20 or something...

Also there are mods if you personally want black armor exos in the game
  • SopsSops Join Date: 2003-07-03 Member: 17894Members, Constellation
    but it's also 75 bucks compared to the pre order price of like 20 or something...

Pretty sure it was always $40 for black armor, $20 just got you the game (and eventually the deluxe armor)
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    You can use the shoulder decal on the black armor. Elite assault trumped by the classic that keeps getting better. :D
  • Side1Bu2Rnz9Side1Bu2Rnz9 Join Date: 2012-10-16 Member: 162510Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Sops wrote: »
    but it's also 75 bucks compared to the pre order price of like 20 or something...

Pretty sure it was always $40 for black armor, $20 just got you the game (and eventually the deluxe armor)

Yeah I think you're right... Can't remember that far back. Call it old age at the age of 23 or whatever... :P
  • GlassesGlasses Join Date: 2010-01-11 Member: 70056Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    Elite Armor is too bulky, and it doesn't have awesome goggles like Black Armor does :P
  • KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold
    I think it's only fair for players who are eligible for multiple rewards in the form of special armor to be able to display them all at once. So I propose they should be allowed to wear them all simultaneously, adding both extra protection and slow, lumbering gorge-like bulkiness. They would provide much needed variation and comical relief to the otherwise uniform TSF forces.
  • SammeySammey Join Date: 2012-06-14 Member: 153266Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    When playing as a skulk i'll still prioritize Black Armor marines over any other marine. Simply because I am jealous I can't get that skin.
  • Squirreli_Squirreli_ Join Date: 2012-04-25 Member: 151046Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Black Armour is the new Black. The assault marine skins are for new people only ;)
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    Also, for the record, they do both look pretty damn boss. He's certainly prepared for anything... dude has more pouches than a Rob Liefeld character.
  • SammeySammey Join Date: 2012-06-14 Member: 153266Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    Also, for the record, they do both look pretty damn boss. He's certainly prepared for anything... dude has more pouches than a Rob Liefeld character.

What they didn't mention is that they are 30% slower and can't jump xD
  • HamletHamlet Join Date: 2008-08-17 Member: 64837Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    ...that's because he's sporting a secret, unannounced, gamebreaking HMG :p

Halfway related:
    I think that the standard shoulder patch (gold/diamond) looks much better than the "elite" one (shadow).
  • joohoo_n3djoohoo_n3d Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164703Members, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Supporter
    just wait till the white japanese onos is released....you'll all be begging for...
  • HamletHamlet Join Date: 2008-08-17 Member: 64837Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    joohoo_n3d wrote: »
    the white japanese onos

Koicarponos?
    Koinos?
    Onosan?
  • Scorpion9908Scorpion9908 Australia Join Date: 2013-07-29 Member: 186445Members, Reinforced - Shadow
  • maD_maX_maD_maX_ Join Date: 2013-04-07 Member: 184678Members
    Use the shoulder decal on your black armour... Win!
  • @Korpisoturi@@Korpisoturi@ Join Date: 2010-07-17 Member: 72509Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow
    Hamlet wrote: »
    ...that's because he's sporting a secret, unannounced, gamebreaking HMG :p

Halfway related:
    I think that the standard shoulder patch (gold/diamond) looks much better than the "elite" one (shadow).

No, i disagree! Elite shoulder patch is badass!
  • DaxxDaxx Join Date: 2002-04-16 Member: 460Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    joohoo_n3d wrote: »
    just wait till the white japanese onos is released....you'll all be begging for...

White? Pah, gimmie a pink and purple onos!
  • CaptainSnakeCaptainSnake Join Date: 2010-06-19 Member: 72105Members
    maD_maX_ wrote: »
    Use the shoulder decal on your black armour... Win!

Oh hey I've played with you before! You are the invincible Fade D:
  • FrizzlecatFrizzlecat Join Date: 2013-03-07 Member: 183752Members
  • Mattk50Mattk50 Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182824Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    SteveRock wrote: »
    How about we rapidly cycle through all the ones you have. So you'll just look like a spazzy blur the whole time.

can we do this

we should do this
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Kamamura wrote: »
    I think it's only fair for players who are eligible for multiple rewards in the form of special armor to be able to display them all at once. So I propose they should be allowed to wear them all simultaneously, adding both extra protection and slow, lumbering gorge-like bulkiness. They would provide much needed variation and comical relief to the otherwise uniform TSF forces.

How about we rapidly cycle through all the ones you have. So you'll just look like a spazzy blur the whole time.

Ninja Marines, are you insane that would end the universe!
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Kamamura wrote: »

Ninja Marines, are you insane that would end the universe!

If you're a ninja visible as a blur you deserve to die a horrible Kharaa caused death.

A true ninja is not visible at all.
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    NS2 already has ninjas implemented, they're on janitor duty atm. You might see those blood splatters disappearing and wonder how that happened.

The answer..nanites ninjas.