Yo, Varus man, where ma legions at?

KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold
So, how many of you have tried the new Rome 2 Total War game?

A friend who bought it let me try it, and to be honest, it's a step back from Shogun. Ugly interface, bad performance, ridiculous looking unit models, but most importantly, the same old bugs and problems that has been with the series since the beginning. Units facing the wrong way in combat, campaign AI just standing around, or sending smallish armies to their death.

What's worse, they opted for clickable startcraft-style magic abilities on tactical combat that really do not suit this style of games.

Overall, disappointment for me. And what is your opinion?

Comments

• VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    That bad? I really looked forward to play my first total war ( :D ). Might reconsider, then.
  • CragChristCragChrist Join Date: 2013-05-15 Member: 185239Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I was tempted to prepurchase Rome 2. Didn't cuz moneys.
    @F0rdPrefect Shogun 2, however, was pretty fun.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    edited September 2013
    if a bit buggy here and there.
    But bah, ze moneyz! Why can we no haz infinut supply of et?
    Also, not a fan of the campaign game at all, only played through the prologue campaign and guess what, i have marian style legionarries.
    WHADAFAK CA.
    Vaus, bring be back my reforms!