Crashes since new patch, can't load into any game or optimize

BlueForceBlueForce Join Date: 2013-09-03 Member: 187764Members
edited September 2013 in Technical Support
Since the new patch, i have not been able to optimize or load into any game. It fails when loading shaders around 9% every time sometimes a little before, or a little after as well. It just gives me a run time error and the game closes. Get a "Microsoft visual c++ runtime library" then "blah\blah\ns2.exe" application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. I have tried running dxsetup, deleting folders and re-verifying as well as uninstalling twice now and re-installing. Nothing seems to help the issue. My video drivers are up to date as i tried to update them to see if it would remedy the problem. I put all settings off or low as possible as well, still nothing. I'm not sure what else to try.

Also, on an un-related note i would love it if there was a way to unbind mousewheelup and mousewheeldown because as a left handed player i use mouse3 to jump and i accidentally scroll my weapons all the freakin time and its extremely annoying to not be able to unbind or reconfigure them. I guess i could disable them before i go in-game though.

Comments

• SilverwingSilverwing bulletsponge Join Date: 2003-11-23 Member: 23395Members, Constellation
    I have the same issue.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    Do you have something like this "Error: 687 memory leaks in 'AnimationGraph' (138460 bytes)" every time in your log? Also try out the fullscreen windowed mode and dx11.
  • BlueForceBlueForce Join Date: 2013-09-03 Member: 187764Members
    Yes i do, i have that, then it crashes. I did not try windowed mode but i did try dx9 and dx11 but that didnt work. I'll try windowed mode. I just formatted both hard drives last night and started fresh, perhaps that'll help something too.