Black Elite Assault Marine Skin?

NazrudinNazrudin Join Date: 2009-09-17 Member: 68811Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
For those that have the regular Black Armor, will it be possible to get the new Elite Assault Marine or Assault Marine as black armor?

Just curious.

Comments

• Scorpion9908Scorpion9908 Australia Join Date: 2013-07-29 Member: 186445Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    look at the pic that is what you get
  • ellnicellnic Join Date: 2010-07-19 Member: 72559Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Doubtful, They are their own armour. Like Deluxe Armour and black armour where 2 armours for different things. You didn't get people with black armour getting black deluxe armour.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    The elite assault armour looks to be plated in a much darker colour (close to dark gray?) as well. The normal assault marine is green and that is in fact the difference between the two reinforced armours, Diamond -> Shadow and above

Both armour types are disconnected from the Black Spec-Ops armour, so no they won't come in black as that would kinda defeat the purpose/distinction of the original Black Spec-Ops armour to some extent as well ;)
  • NazrudinNazrudin Join Date: 2009-09-17 Member: 68811Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    The elite assault armour looks to be plated in a much darker colour (close to dark gray?) as well. The normal assault marine is green and that is in fact the difference between the two reinforced armours, Diamond -> Shadow and above

Both armour types are disconnected from the Black Spec-Ops armour, so no they won't come in black as that would kinda defeat the purpose/distinction of the original Black Spec-Ops armour to some extent as well ;)

Alright, thanks for the information!

I'II continue to wear my black armor then.
  • ns2isgoodns2isgood Join Date: 2013-04-16 Member: 184847Members
    Does anyone know if the badges are just for the forums, or do they show up on the scoreboard in-game also?
  • NaRcONaRcO Madrid Join Date: 2005-03-07 Member: 44219Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    ns2isgood wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the badges are just for the forums, or do they show up on the scoreboard in-game also?

that would be great!
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester

100% sure you'll get an in-game badge to show off, but not sure if it will be the specific one from which you get from donating, I'd assume yes but may be wrong
    I have used the codes for steam but I cannot change to either the Assault or Elite Assault. Anyone else got this problem?
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    As it says in red text on every purchase badge, some rewards are not in game yet: http://www.naturalselection2.com/reinforced/buy/shadow
  • rantologyrantology Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143750Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    edited September 2013

Yes, your badge will show up in-game next to your name and on the scoreboard, like the PAX icon. (I believe they are going in sept 3rd)
  • Scorpion9908Scorpion9908 Australia Join Date: 2013-07-29 Member: 186445Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    ellnic wrote: »
    I have used the codes for steam but I cannot change to either the Assault or Elite Assault. Anyone else got this problem?
    it is not out yet will be out on the 5th maybe

Thank you, Been looking about for this information. It's pretty hard to find
  • RammlerRammler Join Date: 2013-06-18 Member: 185607Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow

Thank you, Been looking about for this information. It's pretty hard to find

didnt they say that all ingame rewards will be released today?
  • SammeySammey Join Date: 2012-06-14 Member: 153266Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    Hey Rammler,

This is from the NS2 Twitter:
    All rewards will be phased in starting next week, badges probably on Sept 3, OST hopefully very soon afterwards!

( I believe OST is the soundtrack )

And I read somewhere that Shadow Skulk would probably be phased in on the 5th
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Indeed OST stands for Original/Official Sound Track
  • killer monkeykiller monkey Join Date: 2010-02-26 Member: 70743Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    So this week slowly the models will come in?
  • NessNess Join Date: 2002-12-17 Member: 10935Members, Reinforced - Onos
    rantology wrote: »

Yes, your badge will show up in-game next to your name and on the scoreboard, like the PAX icon. (I believe they are going in sept 3rd)

I wonder if it will display alongside the PAX icon? Basically I want to look like a Friday's server in terms of useless flair by the end of all this
  • zackmaster666zackmaster666 Join Date: 2013-08-30 Member: 187344Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I would love to see a black assault armor for those of us who pre-purchased the deluxe NS2 and have stuck with it. But eather way I'm still looking forward to this new armor.
    @zackmaster666, Special Edition you mean? :P
  • RammlerRammler Join Date: 2013-06-18 Member: 185607Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    cant wait for the new armor. :P . germany has a different time zone than san francisco. a difference of 9 hours. so san francisco runs 9 hours behind my time. when i have 12 am midnight germany in san francisco its 3 pm in the afternoon. so i have to wait 9 hours longer :(
  • TinkerTinker Join Date: 2003-03-11 Member: 14395Members
    I just wish I could get the pieces I want independent of tiers. The few cosmetics items I'm interested are only in the tiers that cost way more than I can afford. I'm interested in supporting UWE additionally but there's no balance between the trinkets I'm interested in and the costs it takes to acquire it (at least not to me).

When I bought the game the first time it came out of my grocery budget, the same is likely to be true of any extra's I buy so I need to pick wisely
  • male_fatalitiesmale_fatalities ausns2.org Join Date: 2004-03-06 Member: 27185Members, Constellation
    Wish I could rock my old school constellation badge in game :)
  • NazrudinNazrudin Join Date: 2009-09-17 Member: 68811Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I would love to see a black assault armor for those of us who pre-purchased the deluxe NS2 and have stuck with it. But eather way I'm still looking forward to this new armor.

Just.. no.
  • zackmaster666zackmaster666 Join Date: 2013-08-30 Member: 187344Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    @zackmaster666, Special Edition you mean? :P
    Yes, Special Edition is what i met. I got a copy for my friend in the recent digital deluxe sale on Steam.(through me off) But, speaking of which I do have my Special Edition armor from my pre-purchase oh so long ago but my armor is not black anymore. I do have the Spec Ops armor but I've had people telling me it green recently. Was my account messed up in the sale when i gifted the copy to my friend?
    If you have the "Natural Selection 2 - Black Armour" on your DLC tab for NS2 in Steam Library you should be fine... It should also show the "Natural Selection 2 - Deluxe DLC"
  • NedStarNedStar Join Date: 2013-08-30 Member: 187224Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Once you go black... I'll definitely wear the new marine models for the first few weeks but I'll probably end up going back 2 black once the flair wears off.
    NedStar wrote: »
    Once you go black... I'll definitely wear the new marine models for the first few weeks but I'll probably end up going back 2 black once the flair wears off.

by the way the black armor is much better than any armor that may come to the game. it shows that you bought the game years before it was released. no armor ever can demonstrate such a deep bond with the game.