A request to all those "ive played competitively since NS1"

ph30nixph30nix Join Date: 2013-07-28 Member: 186439Members
if your in a server and your K2D ration is over 15 to 1 please just leave the server. You are obviously too skilled in the game for everyone else and frankly your just ruining the experience of everyone else.

im not a horrible player and frankly this is the only FPS i seem to have problems aiming well but gets really tired when i run into players who are able to melt me either as Rine or Alien in a fraction of a second of me showing my face when i know i havnt show up by foot steps or on minimap.

so please do us all a favor and just stick to your competitive matchs or maybe make your own servers of competitive level only players stop slumming it with us mere mortals.

and also please stop defending the obvious aim botters who say they are competitive players even when spectate proves they are locking onto targets (this has happened on a few servers in one instance about 6 people were banned for the accusation)

Comments

• ph30nixph30nix Join Date: 2013-07-28 Member: 186439Members
    well i can hope maybe a few of the ultra skilled players will start sticking to a few servers instead of slumming it
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    They might but they certainly won't do it because of a thread like this.

Any of the high tier players usually do stick to Pick Up Games, Gathers, or Scrims/PCWs.

The facts are this: The competitive scene has shrunk in player size since Season 1 by quite a bit. Less competitive scrimmages being played, less teams, less gathers, less pick up games, and less everything available to people that want to participate in organized play.

So they pub. It happens.

The only other outlets that I listed above are far less available and nowhere near as convenient to just play the game.

There is no in-game organized play system. (looks at hugh for sabot :P)
  • TheriusTherius Join Date: 2009-03-06 Member: 66642Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    How do people making threads like these find people to breed with?
  • robinhood752robinhood752 Join Date: 2013-08-31 Member: 187379Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    First of all, are your accusations based on something, or you just mad, cause you get killed a lot?
    Second, 15 to 1, doesn't usually mean OP player, for example, fade supposed to have such results.
  • ph30nixph30nix Join Date: 2013-07-28 Member: 186439Members
    im not making accusations that everyone who gets those scores are aim botting i just know i have seen a few. Fades getting those scores i know are part of the fade and the fade itself needs some tweaking. I more mean the 15 to 1 marines.
    Therius wrote: »
    How do people making threads like these find people to breed with?

because most women could give a yit less about video games.

• robinhood752robinhood752 Join Date: 2013-08-31 Member: 187379Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    ph30nix wrote: »
    because most women could give a yit less about video games.

And that's sad... :D
  • MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    This thread wins. really? another one? /moving on
  • maD_maX_maD_maX_ Join Date: 2013-04-07 Member: 184678Members
    So... Much.... Wana... Say... Must.... Show... Constraint.....

Please ...close...thread.... Constraint.... Failing...

• ARMYguyARMYguy Join Date: 2013-08-30 Member: 187280Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    I am a meh player and I easily get those scores vs people who are better than me. Guess I need to ban myself ! (this is why id rather play commander, I am better at it I think)
  • BestProfileNameBestProfileName Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177320Members
    ph30nix wrote: »
    if your in a server and your K2D ration is over 15 to 1 please just leave the server. You are obviously too skilled in the game for everyone else and frankly your just ruining the experience of everyone else.

im not a horrible player and frankly this is the only FPS i seem to have problems aiming well but gets really tired when i run into players who are able to melt me either as Rine or Alien in a fraction of a second of me showing my face when i know i havnt show up by foot steps or on minimap.

so please do us all a favor and just stick to your competitive matchs or maybe make your own servers of competitive level only players stop slumming it with us mere mortals.

and also please stop defending the obvious aim botters who say they are competitive players even when spectate proves they are locking onto targets (this has happened on a few servers in one instance about 6 people were banned for the accusation)

So what if I go a whole round without dying? 15 kills to no death is infinity...
    So what if I go a whole round without dying? 15 kills to no death is infinity...

Then your ratio is still over 15 to 1, basic math...
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Yah this is going no where good.
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    edited September 2013
    ARMYguy wrote: »
    I am a meh player and I easily get those scores vs people who are better than me. Guess I need to ban myself ! (this is why id rather play commander, I am better at it I think)

how do you get those scores if the other people are better than you.. unless I'm missing something

also this thread can be closed imo, if you want you can try to become an admin on your favorite server or purchase your own and kick players as you see fit
  • shriikeshriike Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184461Members
    6F9745942F853B574C8A033841588C68133D21FC

Are you implying that playing with mortals is unfair? How will they get better if I don't have a 33.6 k/d ratio?
  • Eddie_5Eddie_5 Join Date: 2013-09-03 Member: 187751Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    Uhm... is there even a kill cam in this game? Never noticed one in my 50 hours of playtime. OR did he mean spectate mode?
  • KalabalanaKalabalana Join Date: 2003-11-14 Member: 22859Members
    Playing people who understand NS2 gameplay mechanics/tactics better than you in certain ways will take the rough edges off your game much much much faster than if you relegate yourself to playing less skill intensive games.

Good players don't start off good. (Well, some do have more advantages due to natural ability and skill overlap from previous experience, but never to the point that they are a god from the get go)
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    This thread didn't need a bump

*locked*
This discussion has been closed.