gaming mouse

2»

Comments

• SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited September 2013
    I have a G600, and I love it. Best mouse I've ever had. Was going to get a Razer Naga, but they have notorious mouse button issues..and piss-poor customer service.
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    going to hold off on anything ninox isn't what i'm looking for, roccat is too small and most likely has accel issues, and kana v2 from a reviwer seems to be junk as well and have negative accel out of box

curious if the mx518/g400 might be worth looking into, both mice seem large, but i know that my pinky always fell off logitechs awkward side gripes; g600 i'd never touch

i mean i basically have all the best mice right here with me.. intellimouse which just has low perfect control and feels a little delayed for the year

ec1 which is a perfect simple body but positive accel

and deathadder which just isn't comfortable, sure it's grown on me but still could feel a lot better

• XythXyth Avatar Join Date: 2003-11-04 Member: 22312Members
    g400 is what I use, best mouse I've ever had. Then again I haven't had all that many mice (of the mechanical kind at least).
    If you are worried about the body of the mouse I know that the Rat 9 (while looking like a deformed robot fetus) has tons of options for manually modifying its shape to match your grip.
    Seems like the quality of the sensor and/or optics is not the best though.

Perhaps just buy the RAT 9 body then hack in the circuit board and optics from another mouse?

I wonder if there is a reasonable market for a mouse producing company that allows you to mix and match your mouse body/sensor/buttons/etc.
    Make a complete 180 from the aesthetic that Razer uses and maybe we could be onto something.
  • MigeMige Join Date: 2005-03-19 Member: 45796Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited September 2013
    Well well well. A hard case. First use single color mouse pad then mouse sensitivity remains consistent.. Then Optical vs Laser.. Laser's have always a little negative or positive acceleration or both. Usually optical don't, but have hard time with multicolor mousepad or just some color, but they may have built in angle snapping or prediction like laser mouses may have.

I´m using roccat taito for optical's and Glass pad for lasers (SS i-2).
    Best optical sensor to hunt is avago 3090 or based the same sensor..

I have used many mouses and I´m still looking for perfect shape with almost perfect sensor. Right now best shape for me is G9/g9x body
    I Have used
    -logitech Mx518, G400 & G9x
    -Roccat Savu and just ordered Kone pure optical which have a little wider body, better mwheel and a little better quality (local store had Laser one)
    -S&S Xai, will test Kana v2 soon
    -CM Xornet (same body like Spawn)
    -R.A.T 7
    -Razer DA

Best build quality was R.A.T 7
    Best mouse wheel Kone pure
    Best shape G9X
    Its a hard task change my beloved g9x to new one.. I want optical sensor :(

I´m gonna test these later: Corsair M40, Kana v2, CM spawn successor and if Ninox Aurora comes. Going to work now and will give more information later

• clankill3rclankill3r Join Date: 2007-09-03 Member: 62145Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    I had 3 razer mouses before and stil have 1 left. I gave one away goes the design makes your hand hurt after a few hour. The other one broke. And my last one still works but if i have to replug the usb very often else i have lag.
    Now i use the logitech G500 and for me it beats every razer mouse i had.
  • AldarisAldaris Join Date: 2002-03-25 Member: 351Members, Constellation
    CD vs vinyl anyone? As a layman this all seems like reading an audiophile's post on sound cards, connectors and speakers :P
  • kuruptkurupt Join Date: 2005-03-24 Member: 46347Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
  • XythXyth Avatar Join Date: 2003-11-04 Member: 22312Members
    Aldaris wrote: »
    CD vs vinyl anyone? As a layman this all seems like reading an audiophile's post on sound cards, connectors and speakers :P
    Hey guy you just don't understand. My hand is able to feel the (5/6400)" error rate of this optical sensor while trying to click on shoot-guns pixel-mans!
    You are probably the type of person who prefers the heartless corporate feel of coherent Gallium-Nitride based emitters over the superior warmth of my Gallium-Arsenide incoherent light emitting junctions!
    I can't use mice with positive accel and you guys are recommending mice with positive accel

I'm sticking with the deathadder until something better comes along
  • SvenpaSvenpa Wait, what? Join Date: 2004-01-03 Member: 25012Members, Constellation
    Buy a negative acceleration mouse and add same % positive acceleration it has as negative in windows mouse settings. They will cancel each other out and you'll end up with atomic precision!
    edited September 2013
    k purchased the roccat kone pure optical, if it's comfortable and doesn't feel like it has accel it will be kept

If not, then I will unfortunately try out the logitech g400 (not g400s) because the s is apparently not as good

Or maybe I won't and I'll just keep the deathadder