What is your favorite map?

2»

Comments

• GlassesGlasses Join Date: 2010-01-11 Member: 70056Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    I always loved Veil.
  • WispWisp Join Date: 2007-12-18 Member: 63211Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    Descent
    Refinery
    Veil
    Biodome
    Tram
    Mineshaft
    Summit
    Docking
  • NazoNazo Such Is Life in The Zone Join Date: 2010-12-16 Member: 75720Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Veil/Tram/Rockdown
  • xtcmenxtcmen Join Date: 2004-04-20 Member: 28040Members, Squad Five Blue
    Jambi because it is very unique and it plays well. :P
  • blackpiranhablackpiranha Germany Join Date: 2003-03-11 Member: 14375Members, Constellation
  • LokiLoki Join Date: 2012-07-07 Member: 153973Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    lol xtc :P kodiak ofc
  • BadevilBadevil Join Date: 2009-07-04 Member: 68028Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    That is easy Hera, the best map ever and hopefully done in the next months ;-).
    From the available maps Veil.
  • Scorpion9908Scorpion9908 Australia Join Date: 2013-07-29 Member: 186445Members, Reinforced - Shadow
  • RadimaXRadimaX Join Date: 2013-02-05 Member: 182840Members
    Biodome
    Descent
    Summit
    Tram
    docking
    veil
    mineshaft

Anyone the same? :)
  • ArgoshArgosh Join Date: 2011-01-21 Member: 78474Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    rockdown followed by junction and riflerange...

I see what you did there! Junction could still be used as an element in another map.

@T:
    Summit>Veil/Tram>Docking>Descent>>Mineshaft>Refinery

If we add custom maps it would be:
    Summit>Veil/Tram>Turtle>Jambi>Docking>Descent>Tanith>>Mineshaft>Refinery

I still think Mineshaft could be a really good map but it needs some balance tweaks to make the gameplay more diverse.

With ns1 ns_bast >>>>>>>all

edit: Forgot biodome. Time will tell :P
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited September 2013
    I still miss the hallway on Refinery from this video :(

Wasnt that one made in Source?
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Argosh wrote: »
    Wasnt that one made in Source?

Nope, the only thing that was a bsp file loaded into "Evolution engine" (before it was called Spark) was the Dynamic Infestation promo teaser. But that was still in Max's engine, showcasing it.

The hallway in this one was located at Transit on the south side of Refinery, but got removed at some point :(
    Yeah I confused it with the first teaser for ns2.

That one was created in Source by KungFuSquirrel.(proof)
  • sotanahtsotanaht Join Date: 2013-01-12 Member: 179215Members
    So why do people seem to strongly dislike mineshaft? Sounds like there's probably a common reason for that.
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    edited September 2013
    sotanaht wrote: »
    So why do people seem to strongly dislike mineshaft? Sounds like there's probably a common reason for that.

It has a very weird layout and some very strange rooms. Cave is a bastard of a hive location with crazy long sight lines and an unusually high ceiling. It's got great atmosphere, though, and I don't mind playing on it... it's just not my favorite.
  • sotanahtsotanaht Join Date: 2013-01-12 Member: 179215Members
    Narfwak wrote: »
    sotanaht wrote: »

It has a very weird layout and some very strange rooms. Cave is a bastard of a hive location with crazy long sight lines and an unusually high ceiling.

You say weird, I hear interesting. So many of the maps have such a formulaic design it's nice to play on one that breaks the mold a bit.