DLC Not A Bad Idea After All

fourkillmasterfourkillmaster Join Date: 2013-09-01 Member: 187528Members
edited September 2013 in Ideas and Suggestions
We all know the devs need money. So what better way then "COSMETIC" downloadable content. Now here's where it gets way to easy.

Emblems which are already in the reinforced program can be bought in packs of 10 for 5 dollars. Personally I'd prefer if they weren't ridiculous.
New player models for and skins for marines and aliens. Like a battle-scarred and covered in alien blood variants etc.
New face models so players can choose there race, helps them with identifying with there character.
Custom helmets such as berets, different optical attachments and facemask.
And of course weapon skins and decals, Not too far outta the norm like pink but things like a black assault rifle.

10 Emblems - $5
1 New Player Model - $10
Face Models - Free except for updates like warpaint etc.
5 Custom Helmets - $10
Weapons Skins One Set - $5

I want to support the ongoing development for NS2 and the Reinforced program isn't gonna cut it in my opinion.

Comments

• Scorpion9908Scorpion9908 Australia Join Date: 2013-07-29 Member: 186445Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    I dont want to see alot of different Skins it is good how it is now with like 5 different armor models keep it simple yo. But i am ok with the emblems. And it is not about getting all this cool swag it is about helping em out
  • wulfwulf Join Date: 2008-08-03 Member: 64749Members
    can i be a white marine please
  • FLuXFLuX Join Date: 2002-12-30 Member: 11633Members, NS2 Playtester, Subnautica Playtester
    wulf wrote: »

thats-racist-thumb.jpg
  • WaterfiendWaterfiend Join Date: 2013-09-01 Member: 187543Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    FLuX wrote: »
    wulf wrote: »

thats-racist-thumb.jpg

I'm a black (shadow) skulk, am I racist?

• UlmontUlmont Join Date: 2011-10-02 Member: 125211Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    The problem with having cosmetic DLC is it is rendered rather moot by the steam workshop. Why pay for a skin when you can get one of equal quality for free no strings attached?
  • fourkillmasterfourkillmaster Join Date: 2013-09-01 Member: 187528Members
    Ulmont wrote: »
    The problem with having cosmetic DLC is it is rendered rather moot by the steam workshop. Why pay for a skin when you can get one of equal quality for free no strings attached?

The thing is you can show off your cool new skin or emblem while workshop items are only viewable by you. Some people will just use the workshop if that suits there needs while others can buy skins.
  • NaRcONaRcO Madrid Join Date: 2005-03-07 Member: 44219Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Maybe something like CS:GO and weapons skins, if u pickup from the ground another players weapons that is customed, you see that model and the nickname of the owner and can would be there some skins with skill-counts as well. That idea from CS:GO looks pretty cool to me. Some other ideas will have to be discovered for Aliens. (soz my english)
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    edited September 2013
    AFAIK the reinforced program may not be going as well as it could be but 2 things:

1. It still raised/is raising a considerable amount of money

2. While it may not be so much for a FREE indie game, this is a paid indie game, so it's not their only source of money and is more like a boost which can be pretty helpful.