Tutorial Broken?

BloodandIronBloodandIron Join Date: 2012-11-24 Member: 173111Members
The tutorial seems to not work... I loaded it up, because I'm limited on time and wanted to see how it worked.

It began with "NS2 is a team vs. team game. Please walk to the blue waypoint to join the Marine team". Problem was, the marine team had a bot as the commander, and I couldn't join, as there are "too many players on this team. Could be a problem with the free weekend coming up...

Comments

• SteveRockSteveRock Join Date: 2012-10-01 Member: 161215Members, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer
    Hmm this is not good. Is anyone else experiencing this? Please try again, and if it still happens, send me your log.txt via pastebin.com (%APPDATA%/Natural Selection 2/log.txt)
  • SteveRockSteveRock Join Date: 2012-10-01 Member: 161215Members, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer
    Also, do this, which seems to fix some issues:

Delete these folders:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Natural Selection 2\core\lua
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Natural Selection 2\ns2\lua

All paths relative to your steam directory of course. And then after deleting, go into Steam and re-verify your game cache (to redownload those particular files, only a few MB).
  • BloodandIronBloodandIron Join Date: 2012-11-24 Member: 173111Members
    After deleting the files that you advised, I still could not join the marine team. Could you give me more instruction on how to get my log.txt? I don't know where to find that or what that is. Is it in the NS2 file, under steam? Sorry for my ignorance, I'm doing my best.
  • weeschweeweeschwee Join Date: 2010-11-19 Member: 75031Members
    The tutorial does the same for me. I've also tried the above fix and it did not work.
    Hrrrmm if you open a Windows Explorer window, then enter %APPDATA% in the address bar with the percent signs, then find the Natural Selection 2 folder, then find log.txt. Put it up on pastebin.com and post the link here. Sorry it's not working - really odd..

Another thing to try is deleting this folder:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Natural Selection 2\tutorial\lua
    And re-verify.
  • BloodandIronBloodandIron Join Date: 2012-11-24 Member: 173111Members
    Ok, here it is. http://pastebin.com/m3EgAHnH

I can't try your deletion/re-verify thing right now, I'm about to go to something, but I will when I get home and will post the results.
  • TheriusTherius Join Date: 2009-03-06 Member: 66642Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Somebody somewhere said that they had the same problem, but the cause was a 3rd party mod they had active.
    Yeah I do see two "mounting mods" in there. Please disable those mods, then try again.
  • weeschweeweeschwee Join Date: 2010-11-19 Member: 75031Members
    I disabled all mods and the tutorial worked perfectly! Great job on the training tools. I think they'll work great for new people.
    OK. I think next patch we're gonna auto-disable all mods for the tutorial. Hopefully totally new players play the tutorial first, and thus probably had no mods.
  • Know painKnow pain Join Date: 2012-09-04 Member: 157674Members
    I wouldn’t bother with the tutorial since almost everything changes every patch.
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu Anememone Join Date: 2002-03-23 Member: 345Members
    Know pain wrote: »
    I wouldn’t bother with the tutorial since almost everything changes every patch.
    The stuff in the tutorial has not changed since beta.