Shine Admin Mod?

Comments

• Person8880Person8880 Join Date: 2013-01-02 Member: 177167Members, Squad Five Blue
    I've disabled the auto eject for now, it didn't end up working as I intended. I might try it again some other time, but the commander eject vote is probably the most reliable way to deal with AFK commanders.
  • MGS-3MGS-3 France Join Date: 2006-11-11 Member: 58540Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Onos, Subnautica Playtester
    edited July 2013
  • Person8880Person8880 Join Date: 2013-01-02 Member: 177167Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited July 2013
    This isn't ScardyBob's mod, he just posted the thread about it.

As for your issue, your ServerAdmin.json has 4 empty groups, specifically:
    "crown": {
    },
    "star": {
    },
    "nyancat": {
    },
    "ghost": {
    }

If you remove these or add an empty commands array to each of them, it should work, i.e
    "crown": {
        "commands": []
    },
    "star": {
    },
    "nyancat": {
    },
    "ghost": {
    }

• MGS-3MGS-3 France Join Date: 2006-11-11 Member: 58540Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Onos, Subnautica Playtester
    edited July 2013
    indeed,

i need this group to add icon from playerbadge.

tx :)
    Sorry, i have 2 other issue:

First, with alltalk, i have disabled alltalk from file:
    shine/plugins/BaseCommands.json
    {
        "AllTalk": false,
        "EjectVotesNeeded": 0.5,
        "AllTalkPreGame": false
      }

shine/BaseConfig.json
    {
        "RefreshInterval": 60,
        "AddTag": true,
        "EqualsCanTarget": false,
        "SilentChatCommands": true,
        "GetUsersFromWeb": false,
        "RefreshUsers": false,
        "DateFormat": "dd-mm-yyyy",
        "ExtensionDir": "config://shine\\plugins\\",
        "EnableLogging": true,
        "ChatName": "Admin",
        "LogDir": "config://shine\\logs\\",
        "TimeOffset": 0,
        "UsersURL": "http://www.yoursite.com/users.json",
        "ActiveExtensions": {
          "readyroom": false,
          "basecommands": false,
          "welcomemessages": false,
          "logging": false,
          "votesurrender": false,
          "pregame": false,
          "voterandom": false,
          "badges": false,
          "unstuck": true,
          "adverts": false,
          "funcommands": false,
          "afkkick": false,
          "pingtracker": false,
          "mapvote": true,
          "serverswitch": false,
          "motd": false,
          "ban": false,
          "reservedslots": false
        }
      }

But get this message ingame and pregame:
    http://ns2-fr.com/ingame/mgs3/ns2/ns22013-07-0716-08-06-81.jpg

Now, 2nd issue from lua error client:
    http://ns2-fr.com/ingame/mgs3/ns2/shine25007072013.txt
    I have both these things fixed already, but thank you for reporting. I just need to upload the update when the Steam servers stop giving me error code 35.
  • DarkflameQDarkflameQ Join Date: 2013-02-28 Member: 183451Members
    Hey person,

Just encountered a bug with the pre-game, basically a commander dropped out JUST as the game was going between pre-game to game and it literally just wouldn't allow any new commanders in or allow any building.

sh_reset didn't fix the issue either, had to sh_changelevel.

Thanks for the recent updates as always.

Darkflame
    When you say pre-game to game, you mean when it switches to the game's countdown with the camera moving towards you? Any script errors that occurred would be very helpful to fix it.
    Yeah the countdown went down to 0, then as it was switching from pre game to game, the alien commander left the command position and the game got stuck in limbo.

It was lucky i was playing on the server at the time to change map otherwise the server would of just emptied.

I've disabled the pre game plugin for now, apologies for not checking for script errors, i did have the console open and i didn't see any.

Are there logs i can send you by any chance?

config_path/shine/DebugLog.txt should have the errors. Otherwise config_path/log.txt, but that gets wiped when the server restarts.
    Hey Person,

I will get back to you on those logs, just a quick one on the AFK Commander, it was supposedly removed in Revision 98 - 06/07/13 but my commander just got AFK kicked and he claims he was moving the whole time, so are you 100% it is removed?

How do i check if my mod has updated its self to the latest revision?

Is there revision numbering in any of the files i can check?

Cheers

Darkflame
    Compare the lua/shine/extensions/afkkick.lua file to the one on the master branch on GitHub. If it's different then you're not running the latest version.

https://github.com/Person8880/Shine/blob/master/lua/shine/extensions/afkkick.lua
    Well 'movetoreadyroom' is in my afk config so it must be the latest.
  • ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation
    Does anyone have problems with the badge mod working with Shine? When using the web admin it does not work nor when defined in the shine userconfig.

In addition the auto generated groups in the uerconfig from the web do not copy the defined badge definitions, requiring them to be defined manually.
    Are you telling it to get the NS2 user format? If so then yes, it does not get the badge data from that. I can fix that.
  • HuzeHuze Insightful Join Date: 2003-11-12 Member: 22724Members, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited August 2013
    How are shine user groups set up? I could add support for loading badges from different systems.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited August 2013
    Huze wrote: »
    How are shine user groups set up? I could add support for loading badges from different systems.

Shine has a good Documentation where you can look up all needed infos: https://github.com/Person8880/Shine/wiki/Configuring-Users

But Person8880 already fixed the problem with badges ;)

• ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation
    Huze wrote: »

Yea with the latest version badges are working except for in combat servers. Also the scoreboard mod for the badges does not display correctly on non 16:9 screens.
  • BulletSponge51BulletSponge51 Join Date: 2012-03-06 Member: 148294Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited August 2013
    Hey guys, I've recently acquired a server and started using shine mod. It is great, and works initially, but after a few hours it seems to disable itself. The server browser shows zero plugins on my server and it is not responsive to sh command although native sv commands still work fine. Has anyone else run into this issue?

Edit for more info: A server restart fixes the problem, but it happens again after a few hours, and shine mod is the only mod installed on my server.
    Your map cycle file needs to have the mod in the "mods" list as well as in the launch options for the server. Otherwise it will not load when the map changes.
  • BulletSponge51BulletSponge51 Join Date: 2012-03-06 Member: 148294Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Thanks! I'll make sure to do that, I appreciate you taking the time to reply!
  • FaustFaust Join Date: 2004-11-18 Member: 32852Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Is there a way to set up res slots for kicking a non-res slot player with the lowest score when a player with a res slot joins, when server is full?
    It is possible, yes. But I have significant problems with the morals of such a system, and I imagine most people would avoid your server if they knew they could be kicked at any time for a reserved slot.
  • FaustFaust Join Date: 2004-11-18 Member: 32852Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    That's your decision. However I've seen many NA servers using a similar system that are heavily populated to this day. It's not as big a deal for players as you make it out to be.
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Not sure if you saw this tag, but if you use the server tag "R_S" and the number of reserve slots, the server browser will automatically hide them from the max player count.
    Something like Server.AddTag("R_S" .. ReserveSlots)
    I didn't know that, thanks for the heads up. I'll add that.
  • ZaggyZaggy NullPointerException The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-12-10 Member: 24214Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, Subnautica Playtester
    Mod appears to be broken now, always get "Server mod out of date" when joining a server with Shine Admin, even on server with shine just installed.
    These servers have other people in it, or are empty? It was last updated 2 days ago so servers should have updated ages ago. Sounds like a weird issue with the mod system to me, which is out of my control.
    edited October 2013
    We've decided to go with the conventional res slot system and are running shine now. This mod is pretty slick, thanks. Does vote random still occasionally have issues getting ranking data if the balance mode is set on 5, or is it safe to use that setting without worrying about issues?

Edit: banning by game id via sh_banid will set the actual steamid as the gameID in the ban record, easily letting a banned player reconnect as they will have a new game ID on reconnect.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited October 2013
    Faust wrote: »
    We've decided to go with the conventional res slot system and are running shine now. This mod is pretty slick, thanks. Does vote random still occasionally have issues getting ranking data if the balance mode is set on 5, or is it safe to use that setting without worrying about issues?

Edit: banning by game id via sh_banid will set the actual steamid as the gameID in the ban record, easily letting a banned player reconnect as they will have a new game ID on reconnect.

Vote random has been fixed, but consider that hive ranking is pretty useless with those less server reporting to the hive system. BTW you need either BNS2 or [Shine] NS2Stats to enable your server for hive ranking.