Youtube peoples

skav2skav2 Join Date: 2007-05-28 Member: 61037Members, Reinforced - Gold
edited August 2013 in NS2 General Discussion
Hey everyone just wanted to let you know that NS2 is becoming pretty popular with some of the bigger Youtubers. We all know that recently Frankieonpcin1080 put a video out and is considering making a series of youtube videos about ns2, which is great! I just found that another decently popular youtuber named Devildoggamer made a video about ns2 and heres the link.

He's got almost 200k subs, not quite as much as frankie but it is nice to know that people are now recognizing this game because it deserves so much more recognition than it has.

As a treat I'll add frankie's videos to this too, The second has some information that newbies might find useful.

Comments

• DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    hahaha, not entirely correct on some points as he is new, but I like that guys enthusiasm. :)
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Why did the damaged exo tooltip show up? Should've said use welders to get broken powernodes back up faster
  • skav2skav2 Join Date: 2007-05-28 Member: 61037Members, Reinforced - Gold
    I know they are new but remember we were all greenies at one point in time so don't be too rough on them.
  • Side1Bu2Rnz9Side1Bu2Rnz9 Join Date: 2012-10-16 Member: 162510Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    I love their perspective of the game... Can't wait until they make more videos.
    Yeah their perspective is pretty interesting, especially frankie's. He believes it is "scary" like Aliens the movie which ihe is right if you are just starting. Now, we are pretty used to seeing aliens and when an onos comes at us we strategize not cower. Still pretty shocking when an onos is cloaked and you walk right into its face :P
  • soccerguy243soccerguy243 Join Date: 2012-12-22 Member: 175920Members, WC 2013 - Supporter
    the game certainly doesn't tell him very well about power mechanics.
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    skav2 wrote: »
    Yeah their perspective is pretty interesting, especially frankie's. He believes it is "scary" like Aliens the movie which ihe is right if you are just starting. Now, we are pretty used to seeing aliens and when an onos comes at us we strategize not cower. Still pretty shocking when an onos is cloaked and you walk right into its face :P

im still scared, unless I have 2 buddies, in which case we chase the fat fucker down.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I always thought seananners was funny.
  • GlassesGlasses Join Date: 2010-01-11 Member: 70056Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    Just watched FRANKIEonPCin1080p's Marine Tactics video and it really shows why NS2 is such a fun game.
  • MorshuMorshu Join Date: 2012-08-13 Member: 155539Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited August 2013
    I wish totalbiscuit would give natural selection 2 another look with the reinforced update up 'nd running, heck I would settle with him mentioning it in one of them "content patch" videos of his.

Angry joe REALLY needs to do a review on this as well, especially since colonial marines gave him a sour taste in the mouth when it comes to games with marines 'nd aliens. (of various sorts)

Lastly this Frankie fella needs to make a vid mentioning the free weekend event too!
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    Morshu wrote: »
    I wish totalbiscuit would give natural selection 2 another look with the reinforced update up 'nd running, heck I would settle with him mentioning it in one of them "content patch" videos of his.

Angry joe REALLY needs to do a review on this as well, especially since colonial marines gave him a sour taste in the mouth when it comes to games with marines 'nd aliens. (of various sorts)

Lastly this Frankie fella needs to make a vid mentioning the free weekend event too!

He had a game at pax, so i believe that will go up on his channel soon :)
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I'm glad to see that these guys are getting the word out, Criken was the one who got me into NS2 in the first place (his video came out a while ago now)
    Total biquit came out with a video nearly a year ago about ns2. I watched it recently and man things were so weird 0.o
    edited August 2013
    Here is a video from total. Remember its from August 2nd 2012. Keep that in mind.

Oh Crikens!

• NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    Matimio (popular BF3 youtuber, partners with even more popular BF3 youtuber Levelcap) randomly did a vid after picking it up on the summer sale. They're more about tips/tricks and personal performance than the usual Lets Play comedy style. Anyway, pretty good video, although it's funny that he plays it in the "control the area at all costs!" style you'd expect of a battlefield player.

That said, criken's release date video for NS2 is by far my favorite:

STEENKEE STUFFFFFFS OH NO NOT DA STEEENKIIEEEEES
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Criken has the best video. Dat onos crawl
  • DedGuyDedGuy Join Date: 2010-12-28 Member: 76002Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited August 2013
    TB was actually talking about NS2 today during a summary thing of PAX. Couple of short bits... 2 minute and 12:25 in

At 2minutes and 12minutes 25s in.

First ones him making an exception to his coverage cus of how awesome Hugh is, second one he calls the game phenomenal. Not a small deal coming from a guy with nearly 1.2m subs
  • Scorpion9908Scorpion9908 Australia Join Date: 2013-07-29 Member: 186445Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    He needs to do a wtf is ns2... but he will never do it :(
  • RicezRicez Join Date: 2013-04-13 Member: 184784Members

He probably would if paid enough money. Isn't that how most youtubers work?
  • LokeLoke Join Date: 2003-02-25 Member: 13988Members
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited September 2013
    haha that infinite cluster grenade
    , love the way he introduces people to NS2 :D
  • duxdux Tea Lady Join Date: 2003-12-14 Member: 24371Members, NS2 Developer
    I can confirm that Marks and Spencer's do indeed make good sandwiches.
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    TB did record a game while he was at PAX but we don't know when it'll get posted on his channel. It was the most epic game of NS2 I've ever played so I'm pretty sure it's gonna be a great video. :)
    :P loke you beat me to it! I was just about yo post that vid! It is really good and to whomever mentioned someone saying Frankie should say its a free weekend there ya go!
  • Side1Bu2Rnz9Side1Bu2Rnz9 Join Date: 2012-10-16 Member: 162510Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow

He didn't do a wtf but he did make 3 videos about ns2 before release which is even better.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Is there a yt offensive going on or something? :D

Hope this gets the game more attention.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited September 2013
    "WTF is ...?" is a first impressions format and not very logical if you already know about the game... He's kinda hiding behind that though, so he doesn't have do a proper review. What he does is basically the same as a Let's Play video, but with a bit more informed and formulated format, he will deny this "Let's Play" bit though :P