More fluid gorge babbling

stibaerstibaer Join Date: 2013-07-25 Member: 186398Members
Atm you gotta spend a lot of time and res, laying eggs, breeding them, spitting a pheromoneball on yourself and once a mates passes on the mate.

Suggestion for more fluid babbling:
Babblers have to be researched by the com. Either as a single upgrade, included in an upgradepack like in 252 or beeing available on a certain biomasslevel.

Once the upgrade is done 6 babblers will spawn for free on a gorges back every 30 Seconds.
They will sit on you and protect you until you use your pheromoneball to give them new orders

On a higher biomasslevel gorges will be able to set a relay-point on the minimap so that babblers, once spawned, will walk to this point and attack everything on their way.
This way aliens would also finally gain a kind of siegeunit, a counterpart to the arc.

Comments

• CJoker3221CJoker3221 Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165521Members
    6 babblers for 30 seconds, 30 secs is pretty short, maybe 45 sec - 1 minute, or one by one per 10 sec
    Would like a way to upgrade your babbler
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71291Members
    imo babblers need a complete redesign

they should instead latch onto marines slowing their mobility and doing damage over time (very little) only way to get them off is for a team mate to shoot them off you.
  • KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold
    I agree that the proposed mechanics would be much better. The current design is incredibly clunky, impractical, bad, horrible, terrible and insanity-inviting and I cannot possibly understand how could it be approved for the actual development.
  • CJoker3221CJoker3221 Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165521Members
    imo babblers need a complete redesign

they should instead latch onto marines slowing their mobility and doing damage over time (very little) only way to get them off is for a team mate to shoot them off you.
    I like this, a good way to slow down marines when they're chasing you as a Gorge :)

• stibaerstibaer Join Date: 2013-07-25 Member: 186398Members
    Nice ideads. I think babblers should latch onto marines, slow them down and eat away armor and once armor is gone health.
    You need a mate to shoot them of. You cant get them away on yourself. This way soloramboing could be a bit more punishable.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    edited August 2013
    stibaer wrote: »
    Nice ideads. I think babblers should latch onto marines, slow them down and eat away armor and once armor is gone health.
    You need a mate to shoot them of. You cant get them away on yourself. This way soloramboing could be a bit more punishable.

I think you should be able to rifle-punch them away :D