Female Marine first person animations?

WispWisp Join Date: 2007-12-18 Member: 63211Members, Reinforced - Diamond
Hey all,

I love the look of the female marine. The voice acting is good, the model looks great. Even the first person hands look awesome. I love the gloves.

What I don't like are that all the sprint animations are different. Now, I think the male ones could be improved in certain areas - but on the whole they have gotten a lot better and I've come to like them. The female ones are very strange, particularly the assault rifle. There is a very annoying head bob. Normally I'm not one to complain about head bob in games. I just want it to be consistent across all weapons. It's dramatically different with the female marine.

Why are the animations different? I have observed in my time on Earth that women and men have different anatomies, but I don't think their heads bob differently or that they hold a gun differently.

Anyway, I'd like to see the same animations across both sexes.

Great job with the patch UWE, Biodome is truly beautiful. I expect to pledge in the Reinforcements program soon so that we can see Discovery as soon as possible!

Comments

• AgielAgiel Join Date: 2006-11-14 Member: 58605Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Subnautica Playtester
    Go into options, disable camera animations, ?, profit!
  • DaphistoDaphisto Hive Janitor Join Date: 2002-11-16 Member: 8917Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Wisp wrote: »
    Hey all,

I love the look of the female marine. The voice acting is good, the model looks great. Even the first person hands look awesome. I love the gloves.

What I don't like are that all the sprint animations are different. Now, I think the male ones could be improved in certain areas - but on the whole they have gotten a lot better and I've come to like them. The female ones are very strange, particularly the assault rifle. There is a very annoying head bob. Normally I'm not one to complain about head bob in games. I just want it to be consistent across all weapons. It's dramatically different with the female marine.

Why are the animations different? I have observed in my time on Earth that women and men have different anatomies, but I don't think their heads bob differently or that they hold a gun differently.

Anyway, I'd like to see the same animations across both sexes.

Great job with the patch UWE, Biodome is truly beautiful. I expect to pledge in the Reinforcements program soon so that we can see Discovery as soon as possible!

The sprint animations for the female marine sort of look like she is limping.

• WispWisp Join Date: 2007-12-18 Member: 63211Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    edited August 2013
    Agiel wrote: »
    Go into options, disable camera animations, ?, profit!

I like the head bob with the male marine though. It's not just the camera movement though, it's the actual animations with her that look worse.
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    They are buggy still.