Button: Activate all powernodes on the map

stibaerstibaer Join Date: 2013-07-25 Member: 186398Members
At the beginning of really every round I am busy, searching and activating all powernodes on the map, so my marines can build them if needed.
Suggestion: When you click on a powernode there is a button in the menu to activate all nodes on the map.

Comments

• shark_shark_ Join Date: 2013-08-28 Member: 187141Members

Only the com will designate if a power node will actually be needed for structures. I don't see the purpose of this.

It will result in marines wasting time randomly building power nodes that could then be destroyed and take much longer to rebuild.
  • clankill3rclankill3r Join Date: 2007-09-03 Member: 62145Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Yeah I totally dislike when a commander drops power in pipe junction for example with no reason.
    There is always someone building it and at the end you end up fighting in the dark.
  • stibaerstibaer Join Date: 2013-07-25 Member: 186398Members
    edited August 2013
    If my marines have time they build powernodes to 99% so they cant be destroyed, but be finished in a second at the same time, if needed.

Cant be helped if there are noobs, that dont have enough tactical understanding to not build every buildable thing they see.

But as com you can simply tell him to stop building and walk on.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    In my experience you always, always, ALWAYS have at least one newbie who walks happily over the map, finishing all the powernodes. "Nice! 5 points for me again! I like this game!"